Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
    I met Chapek when he first got the job. He was touring the parks and meeting with CMs. I welcomed him to his new job and said, "Look around you...it's all yours now." He laughed and gave me a hug.
    Just curious. With all this fawning going on, did Chapek "hug" all the Cast Members prior to firing them due to his ineptness?

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

Let the negative replies begin in 3...2...1
    Your passive aggressive ceases to be "passive" when you use it so often. Why don't you just make that your "signature" and be done with it?

By the way, have you sent your Christmas Cards yet to your fellow CMs who were fired? I'm sure they could use them to burn and keep warm this Winter.

"Bright Suns"
    “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
    WDW Trips: '81
    EPCOT Trips: '93
    Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chapek1.jpg
Views:	1589
Size:	691.3 KB
ID:	8609284

Comment

Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Chapek1.jpg Views:	6 Size:	691.3 KB ID:	8609284
        What a fibber!

It's actually this space:

Click image for larger version  Name:	original.jpg Views:	0 Size:	358.3 KB ID:	8609289
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams View Post

Name:	Chapek1.jpg
Views:	1589
Size:	691.3 KB
ID:	8609284

Name:	breadbox.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	8609300
          How about a bread box?

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
            Rebecca Campbell sounds like a female version of Chapek. These two very well may represent the future of Disney. Hopefully the Rise of Skywalker tanks and Wall street forces a shake of Disney's executive ranks.
            That wouldn't affect Disneyland at all. Nor would it cause an executive shake up, with one likely exception(more on that in a second). Disney had an oversucessful year at the cinema, by raking up at least $10 Billion for this year alone. If anything is going to cause murmuring on Wall Street, it's going to be the 2020 film slate's, which doesn't seem as profitable.

If ROS does bomb, the only major shakeup that would likely happen, would be Kathleen Kennedy being demoted or fired from Lucasfilm.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	donald-facepalm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	8609203Click image for larger version  Name:	Chapek1.jpg Views:	61 Size:	691.3 KB ID:	8609284
              This is why
              management is causing DLR customers and employees so much ISSUE
              "Mr Plastic"
              Last edited by Eagleman; 12-17-2019, 02:11 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

That wouldn't affect Disneyland at all. Nor would it cause an executive shake up, with one likely exception(more on that in a second). Disney had an oversucessful year at the cinema, by raking up at least $10 Billion for this year alone. If anything is going to cause murmuring on Wall Street, it's going to be the 2020 film slate's, which doesn't seem as profitable.

If ROS does bomb, the only major shakeup that would likely happen, would be Kathleen Kennedy being demoted or fired from Lucasfilm.
                Early buzz is ROS is going to be a complete failure. 58% on Rotten Tomatoes. After they fire Kennedy, who will the Bobs have to blame their failures on?

Comment

Early buzz is ROS is going to be a complete failure. 58% on Rotten Tomatoes. After they fire Kennedy, who will the Bobs have to blame their failures on?
                  The film will not be a failure in terms of box office but it will be yet another heartless blunder of a film just like all the rest of the Disney releases in recent years. Name one recent remake or even new story that will be endearing for decades to come....

Crickets.... when some wonder where all the positivity goes - ask the suits that cannot make or “remake” classic stories that are compelling, memorable, and last generations. Yes - it’s when those same blunders are then brought into the gems Walt Disney left these nimrods and then F it up. One of true geniuses of the 20th Century left these boneheads a perfect roadmap to follow. There’s no need for adaptations - and yes as many of us understand - the classic original attractions at Disneyland sadly cannot be duplicated. What’s worse is that these newer suits don’t even try hard.

The rants are about mediocrity. Yes ROTR god willing will rise above the mundane we’ve come to expect but for god sake - one attraction doesn’t change the downward course of the resort as a whole. It just doesn’t. So those expecting Hail Marys once this attraction opens won’t be getting it from myself. It’s the trend many of us don’t appreciate.

Comment

Omg. You all need to seriously relax. Idk what happened to the poor girl you were attacking but like....no need to go after every cast member that disagrees with you. I'm not the biggest fan of the entertainment cuts to the resort recently, and galaxys edge still needs a lot of work. But like, it's getting SUPER old. Every single post on this page turns into "Lol more like CHEAPEK am I right?"

Comment

Bob Chapek is not connected to ROS. He runs the parks and thus responsible for GE. The sucess or failure does not affect his job standing (directly). If the movie does fail, it could lead to lower attendance for GE. But in this case, Chapek can not be blamed.

Bob Iger, on the other hand, is the CEO, and he was responsible behind the decision making. Iger has publicly blamed himself for pushing for too many films at once.

Comment

Bob Chapek is not connected to ROS. He runs the parks and thus responsible for GE. The sucess or failure does not affect his job standing (directly). If the movie does fail, it could lead to lower attendance for GE. But in this case, Chapek can not be blamed.

Bob Iger, on the other hand, is the CEO, and he was responsible behind the decision making. Iger has publicly blamed himself for pushing for too many films at once.
                        In this case ,I agree that it is IGER ,who one that over kill Star War and the films
                        But there to many others Issue's that can be
                        blamed on Chapek ,in how the Parks is run
                        which means also GE !
                        IMO
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

For better or worse they are joined at the hip in Wall Street's eyes. If they get rid of Igor due to under performance, they won't take his right hand man which is nothing more than an extension of Igor.

Comment

For better or worse they are joined at the hip in Wall Street's eyes. If they get rid of Igor due to under performance, they won't take his right hand man which is nothing more than an extension of Igor.
                            Exactly right. And to the notion that a major under-performance of The Rise of Skywalker would have no effect on DPEP (Disney Parks, Experiences and Products), it would indeed have an effect -- a chilling effect. The management hierarchies of Disney's divisions are interconnected in ways that aren't on the organization chart.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

I don't see Chapek as 'his right hand'. If anyone is Iger's right hand, it would likely be the company's CFO, Christine M. McCarthy.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdean707 View Post
                                Omg. You all need to seriously relax. Idk what happened to the poor girl you were attacking but like....no need to go after every cast member that disagrees with you. I'm not the biggest fan of the entertainment cuts to the resort recently, and galaxys edge still needs a lot of work. But like, it's getting SUPER old. Every single post on this page turns into "Lol more like CHEAPEK am I right?"
                                Ummmm not sure which threads you are reading but if you go through them all there are plenty of threads on here about all topics. As far as attacking posters I must have missed that thread but to my knowledge there hasn't been anything like that on here.
                                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                My company had a special night at the park
                                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                NYE 2011 trip report
                                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                Leap year 24 hour report
                                New DCA trip report
                                NYE 2012
                                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

Ummmm not sure which threads you are reading but if you go through them all there are plenty of threads on here about all topics. As far as attacking posters I must have missed that thread but to my knowledge there hasn't been anything like that on here.
                                  Yes, the threads are about all sorts of great topics. Yet somehow, Chapek somehow gets brought into ALL of them. I could spend about five minutes and find probably over 30 posts in the last week that mention his name. As for the poster, it was on this thread, I'm assuming she deleted that post when she deleted her account. I'm sure she didn't feel super great how people started responding that her positive experience meant NOTHING because Chapek is "Ruining the value and experience of the parks" and insinuating/joking that the hug she got from Chapek was sexual harassment.

Comment

Ah I see well that's what happens when stories are brought onto here. As a open forum if you bring up a topic it will get responses. Especially if the details don't line up. This specific thread is about two Disney executives and their attempt to brown nose with CMs and was started by a well known poster here with a lot of credibility, so coming onto this thread it would be expected to talk about Disney execs.
                                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                    My company had a special night at the park
                                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                    NYE 2011 trip report
                                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                    Leap year 24 hour report
                                    New DCA trip report
                                    NYE 2012
                                    HKDL trip report

Comment

...As for the poster, it was on this thread, I'm assuming she deleted that post when she deleted her account.
                                      Your assumptions about that poster are as inaccurate as your bashing of the forum's comments on Chapek. She didn't delete her post; it and the replies to it were sent to the Litter Box by the site's administrator. And she didn't delete her account, she pulled another YAGE (her second one that I can remember).

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

We can't seem to enjoy things for what they are nowadays. Its always but look how it COULD have been! Careful though. You may end up branded a "Disney can do no wrong" apologist for pointing out the constant negativity and then the attacks will be pointed at you! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15 View Post

We can't seem to enjoy things for what they are nowadays. Its always but look how it COULD have been! Careful though. You may end up branded a "Disney can do no wrong" apologist for pointing out the constant negativity and then the attacks will be pointed at you! LOL.
                                          ...or you could complain about an "Avatar" because it hurts ones sensibilities.

Bright Suns

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X