Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zugzug15 View Post

We can't seem to enjoy things for what they are nowadays. Its always but look how it COULD have been! Careful though. You may end up branded a "Disney can do no wrong" apologist for pointing out the constant negativity and then the attacks will be pointed at you! LOL.
    I think as a fan of the parks I just would like to have something delivered that was actually shown to me. They showed off a bunch of things SWGE was going to have and cut back a lot of it. That does suck to me. However if you bothered to read my trip report which has no mention of any Disney exec and my analysis of the land you would have known it is all not doom and gloom. While I criticize the area heavily I also give it props where due. You can't just say a bunch of us just go around posting negative comments all the time LOL Now this particular thread we are posting in is specifically aimed at Disney management so there should be no surprise at the topics and postings at hand.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams View Post

...or you could complain about an "Avatar" because it hurts ones sensibilities.

Bright Suns
      HAHAHAHA. Been there myself at one point actually. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

I think as a fan of the parks I just would like to have something delivered that was actually shown to me. They showed off a bunch of things SWGE was going to have and cut back a lot of it. That does suck to me. However if you bothered to read my trip report which has no mention of any Disney exec and my analysis of the land you would have known it is all not doom and gloom. While I criticize the area heavily I also give it props where due. You can't just say a bunch of us just go around posting negative comments all the time LOL Now this particular thread we are posting in is specifically aimed at Disney management so there should be no surprise at the topics and postings at hand.
        I wasn't calling out anyone specific and I do appreciate a balanced analysis.

Comment

we can't seem to enjoy things for what they are nowadays. Its always but look how it could have been! Careful though. You may end up branded a "disney can do no wrong" apologist for pointing out the constant negativity and then the attacks will be pointed at you! Lol.
          preach

Comment

We can't seem to enjoy things for what they are nowadays. Its always but look how it COULD have been!
            The reality is that Disney management deliberately shortchanged its customers on what it promised for Star Wars Land, and then had the gall to increase its ticket prices. And yet when the customers call out management, they're scolded for being negative -- for not "enjoying things for what they are." As usual with such nonsensical complaints about Disney's critics, it's a bizarre form of anti-consumerism.
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

I agree with what you're saying about Galaxy's Edge. The cuts were massive, and that land NEEDS more entertainment. While this thread was titled about the new president of Disneyland, I was more referring to threads that start as one topic, then lead to the same old repetitive "Cheapek" jokes.
              Some Examples
              Disneyland Candy Costs Temp Higher?
              [Rumor] Rise of the Resistance Update
              Snow White Mega-Refurbishment Schedule for Jan. 6

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

The reality is that Disney management deliberately shortchanged its customers on what it promised for Star Wars Land, and then had the gall to increase its ticket prices. And yet when the customers call out management, they're scolded for being negative -- for not "enjoying things for what they are." As usual with such nonsensical complaints about Disney's critics, it's a bizarre form of anti-consumerism.
                Being critical is okay! When being critical turns into the same comment on every other post, expect to start getting called out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	129-1296530_see-hear-speak-no-faces-disney-mickey-see.png
Views:	681
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	8609414

Comment

Being critical is okay! When being critical turns into the same comment on every other post, expect to start getting called out on it.
                    Expect to get called out for being a corporate cheerleader.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	129-1296530_see-hear-speak-no-faces-disney-mickey-see.png Views:	37 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	8609414Look's like "MICKEY" is being Bad ......lol
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Why the bother? ... Having to repeat oneself is a sign of impotence.

Comment

Being critical is okay!
                          No, you actually mean "being critical of Disney is okay only so long as the quantity and quality of criticism adheres to my personal standards of what is appropriate."

When being critical turns into the same comment on every other post, expect to start getting called out on it.
                          Two issues invalidate that statement: first, it's not "the same comment on every other post;" and second, it's biased against Disney's critics (if posters were giving Disney praise "on every other post," you wouldn't be calling them out). Demanding "fair and balanced criticism" for a notoriously greedy multi-billion-dollar corporation that shortchanges its customers is blatantly anti-consumer.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                            Why do I have the feeling, that Chapek's visit was to 'evaluate' Candlelight future (AKA deciding on the show's state and/or status).

I'm confused with the role of President of The resort. In my mind, the role sounds like the head manager of the resort. The one who oversees all aspects of the resort. But based on past insider reports, it sounds like its nothing more than the head cheerleader PR worker for the resort. If they do nothing in the TDA building (daily), than who actually runs the resort?!
                            This is a scary thought and one I could sadly see Chapek doing. Why was he there? To enjoy the event? Given is cult-like obsession to avoid saying "Christmas" I somewhat doubt it. Chapek has demonstrated that he runs everything through a revenue/upcharge filter. He might see Candlelight as a non-revenue event that costs operations money. The only thing standing in his way is 60 years of Disney history and the goodwill as Candlelight is a very beloved event.

However, we are talking about Chapek here and the term "nothing's sacred" is sadly unironic in a very literal way here. Never bet against Chapek finding new ways to debase the park, its guests, and its history.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                              We are talking about Chapek here and the term "nothing's sacred" is sadly unironic in a very literal way here. Never bet against Chapek finding new ways to debase the park, its guests, and its history.
                              We all ready see , Chapek turning the Resorts and Parks
                              "Up side Down"
                              just like
                              Heinz Tomato Ketchup bottle's
                              Now that Debase !

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

We all ready see , Chapek turning the Resorts and Parks
                                "Up side Down"
                                just like
                                Heinz Tomato Ketchup bottle's
                                Now that Debase !

So true!

And to Westsider great comment about the irony of HR speak regarding Christmas. If one said to Chapek Feliz Navidad, he'd have no problem wishing you the same. Christmas phobia in this county is profoundly confusing to me as an immigrant.
                                Last edited by Golden Zephyr; 12-22-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	96DA090A-264B-47C5-8CFA-D9460576676A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	616.6 KB ID:	8609526
                                  Gee — “we” are so negative? I think this post on Drudge speaks for itself. It seems facts - from none other than Lucas back up many of contentions that the Disney Company are rewriting history to suit naive consumers who are ok with mediocrity. Switch and bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post
                                    Click image for larger version Name:	96DA090A-264B-47C5-8CFA-D9460576676A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	616.6 KB ID:	8609526
                                    Gee — “we” are so negative? I think this post on Drudge speaks for itself. It seems facts - from none other than Lucas back up many of contentions that the Disney Company are rewriting history to suit naive consumers who are ok with mediocrity. Switch and bait.
                                    No offense, but what has that have to do with Chapek or Campbell? Both of them work in the Parks, not the films division and/or Lucasfilm.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

So true!

And to Westsider great comment about the irony of HR speak regarding Christmas. If one said to Chapek Feliz Navidad, he'd have no problem wishing you the same. Christmas phobia in this county is profoundly confusing to me as an immigrant.
                                      I know I'm
                                      confuse
                                      Why is it - when go shopping
                                      there only 2 songs I hear ? ........I dreaming of a White Christmas and Feliz Navidad.........
                                      No more
                                      traditional carols......SAD
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Cold rainy and raw at work this morning. Got word from a buddy in TDA that there's a big PR and schmoozefest push coming to DLR just after Christmas with a fancy announcement. Another $1000 bonus like we got in '18? Free admission to Skywalker for all CM's at the shuttered AMC? They're finally going thru with Josh's plan to boot SodexoMagic to the curb in 2020 and elevating the CM food beyond prison level catering?

Rebecca might want to buy some raingear if she's gonna try and be in the park this week to roll out the announcement with a DLR Communications department photographer following her for fake-happy photos with bewildered CM's to put on The Hub. Josh was out there on busy holidays no matter the weather and he rarely had a mandatory photographer. Josh just did it cause it was his business - not for the PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                                          Cold rainy and raw at work this morning. Got word from a buddy in TDA that there's a big PR and schmoozefest push coming to DLR just after Christmas with a fancy announcement. Another $1000 bonus like we got in '18? Free admission to Skywalker for all CM's at the shuttered AMC? They're finally going thru with Josh's plan to boot SodexoMagic to the curb in 2020 and elevating the CM food beyond prison level catering?

Rebecca might want to buy some raingear if she's gonna try and be in the park this week to roll out the announcement with a DLR Communications department photographer following her for fake-happy photos with bewildered CM's to put on The Hub. Josh was out there on busy holidays no matter the weather and he rarely had a mandatory photographer. Josh just did it cause it was his business - not for the PR.
                                          Nice of Disney......but to bad it done with a PR spin .........that sad
                                          IMO
                                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X