Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people really buying park admission after 9:00pm?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Are people really buying park admission after 9:00pm?

So every time I leave Downtown Disney after 9:00pm, I see hundreds of people lined up at the ticket booths. I can't imagine spending up to $150 for a couple hours inside a park. Do people really do this, or are they putting their admission towards annual passes?

They may be buying for the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
      So every time I leave Downtown Disney after 9:00pm, I see hundreds of people lined up at the ticket booths. I can't imagine spending up to $150 for a couple hours inside a park. Do people really do this, or are they putting their admission towards annual passes?
      Darn good question............
      I know...there way I pay
      $150 for a couple hours........
      and I'm sure ,there are guest putting their admission towards annual passes or
      other upgrades.
      Last edited by Eagleman; 12-17-2019, 06:33 PM.
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

We decided to buy AP's on Friday night, and got to the ticket booths at 10pm. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing as we had originally planned to do this on Tuesday, but had the energy after work that night instead. We, too, were shocked that there would be anyone there buying tickets, but each open line had at least 10-20 people in it. In eavesdropping on conversations around us, we learned that most of these folks were upgrading to AP's or multi-day tickets. Some just had questions that any other CM at the gates could have answered.

Unrelated, but we foolishly and knowingly parked at Downtown Disney thinking we were only going to be there for the AP purchase and then leave. But we opted to walk the park instead as it had been a few years since visiting previously. We didn't do any shopping at DD, and ended up leaving at park closing around 12am. With no validation on our DD parking ticket, I got charged the $28 fee for the 2 hours. Sadly, our $2,800 receipt for two Signature Plus passes didn't get us any sympathy from the booth attendant. It was worth a shot, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Kablary View Post
          We decided to buy AP's on Friday night, and got to the ticket booths at 10pm. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing as we had originally planned to do this on Tuesday, but had the energy after work that night instead. We, too, were shocked that there would be anyone there buying tickets, but each open line had at least 10-20 people in it. In eavesdropping on conversations around us, we learned that most of these folks were upgrading to AP's or multi-day tickets. Some just had questions that any other CM at the gates could have answered.

Unrelated, but we foolishly and knowingly parked at Downtown Disney thinking we were only going to be there for the AP purchase and then leave. But we opted to walk the park instead as it had been a few years since visiting previously. We didn't do any shopping at DD, and ended up leaving at park closing around 12am. With no validation on our DD parking ticket, I got charged the $28 fee for the 2 hours. Sadly, our $2,800 receipt for two Signature Plus passes didn't get us any sympathy from the booth attendant. It was worth a shot, I guess...
          It takes the right time and the right
          booth attendan.....
          my understand Disney have gotten strict on parking rules......
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

As noted most are dealing with AP's or Upgrades, not single day purchases for that day at that hour.

When you buy an AP you can scan the voucher right at the gate but just have to go to the ticket window sometime that day to get your actual card. Many do it on the way out

Also, purchasing a 3-5 day park hopper to get Magic Morning and beat blackout days then upgrading to a lower AP is a common tactic and that also need to be done at the wind by end of the last day of you ticket.

...puls a zillion other possible ticketing issues. That is why the windows take so long, with online and the App very few of those folks anymore are making a quick ticket purchase in person and walking away. They all have issues!

Originally posted by Kablary View Post
            I got charged the $28 fee for the 2 hours..
            Does not apply to DTD lot but for future reference if you pay to park at the Garage or Toy Story and take the receipt with you, they will refund/discount that parking charge for that day if you buy a pass with parking included.

Comment

I used to be amazed by the same thing when we would leave until once we walked right by the booth's and like others have said everyone we could overhear was upgrading to an AP.

Comment

Some have answered their own question... "why are others in the line I'm in", hate to break the news- they are also asking that about you both in same line.

Near park closing I'm sure A LOT of AP upgrades or multi day ticket extensions/next day.

Comment

Originally posted by CM08 View Post
                  Some have answered their own question... "why are others in the line I'm in", hate to break the news- they are also asking that about you both in same line.
                  I guess that some people ,just like wait in big lines !
                  lol

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X