Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROTR and the NAMM show - will this be a parking nightmare?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post

You mean that’s your opinion. The fact is — I for one am a AP’r - I know throngs of people in the music industry that either get signed in that weekend, are comp’d by labels, are comp’d by retailers, and so on and so on.

It fair to say your post could say IMO... right?

Why o why would NAMM attendees NOT go to Disneyland while staying at ANY Anaheim hotel especially when staying here. Like... Whaaaaat? Is there some plague impeding them from going?

Sorry. It’s just plain illogical and nonsensical. Plenty of attendees make a family trip out of coming to NAMM and obviously and purposefully include a trip to Disneyland as part of their plans. The major opening of the most important new attraction at DLP will only entice more. That’s a no brainer

Last years show had over 100,000 attendees. So “very few” of them landed at the DLR. oh ok 👌🏼
    And that is your opinion so lets talk about sone facts. NAMM is work to the vast majority of attendees. They get up early to go all day at the convention center and afterwards many go to LA for industry events and parties that go late into the night or go to events around OC. They don't travel to Anaheim for fun. Most do not bring their families. This is work for them and its an expensive trip. Contrary to what you feel, the rest of the world doesn't view Disneyland as the be all end of the world. If they did Disneyland would be jammed packed during NAMM and the Fire Marshal would be closing the gates that weekend ever year, which clearly does not happen.
    Last edited by tarheelalum; 12-28-2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

And that is your opinion so lets talk about sone facts. NAMM is work to the vast majority of attendees. They get up early to go all day at the convention center and afterwards many go to LA for industry events and parties that go late into the night or go to events around OC. They don't travel to Anaheim for fun. Most do not bring their families. This is work for them and its an expensive trip. Contrary to what you feel, the rest of the world doesn't view Disneyland as the be all end of the world. If they did Disneyland would be jammed packed during NAMM and the Fire Marshal would be closing the gates that weekend ever year, which clearly does not happen.
      NAMM Does affect Disneyland attendance that weekend. How can it not? And how would you know unless like myself and my fam and friends actually go every year. There’s throngs of NAMM’rs there. ANY event that’s two blocks away from the resort that attracts north of 100,000 people WILL affect the resort. Period. You “speculate” that few go - I can’t imagine how you can even guess what the entire base of attendees do when the show is down each day. You can’t. But apparently you can lol.

It’s still nonsense. They’ll be plenty of NAMM’rs at the parks that same weekend / it’s the first year SW GE will be open plus the G O of ROTR. Funny that you insist music industry peeps don’t care to visit Disneyland or even bring families to their trip to town while THEY are at NAMM. Speak only for yourself not the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post

NAMM Does affect Disneyland attendance that weekend. How can it not? And how would you know unless like myself and my fam and friends actually go every year. There’s throngs of NAMM’rs there. ANY event that’s two blocks away from the resort that attracts north of 100,000 people WILL affect the resort. Period. You “speculate” that few go - I can’t imagine how you can even guess what the entire base of attendees do when the show is down each day. You can’t. But apparently you can lol.

It’s still nonsense. They’ll be plenty of NAMM’rs at the parks that same weekend / it’s the first year SW GE will be open plus the G O of ROTR. Funny that you insist music industry peeps don’t care to visit Disneyland or even bring families to their trip to town while THEY are at NAMM. Speak only for yourself not the world.
        Just as you only speak for yourself. But the crowds at Disneyland on NAMM weekend support my position every year. NAMM doesn't increase Disneyland crowds one bit. If anything, it discourages crowds due to high hotel costs for out of town guests. Thats another fact.

Comment

Just as you only speak for yourself. But the crowds at Disneyland on NAMM weekend support my position every year. NAMM doesn't increase Disneyland crowds one bit. If anything, it discourages crowds due to high hotel costs for out of town guests. Thats another fact.
          I try to check the dates with the city......
          For if there convention or event in town.....
          Hotels get pack and over costly !
          Like the city of San Diego ,were I like to get away by train,
          but not at time , when something going on !
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            I am looking forward to attending next month’s NAMM show at the convention center. However I notice this coincides with the grand opening of ROTR. I know the new parking structure will help but are we looking at a parking nightmare for that weekend? Historically the NAMM show has been the largest convention at the Anaheim Convention Center. Not sure if it still is but to give perspective it has to be at least 2 to 3 times bigger than D23. Any discussion is welcome as I want to plan out that weekend. Thanks!
            Unless you have an exhibitor badge, you’ll be parking at Angels Stadium, which is far enough away from the chaos that traffic won’t be a problem when you arrive. Hall E opens early so arrive early to beat the crowds and start your day in Hall E. The worst traffic is shortly after 6PM, when everyone is leaving the area at the same time, so to avoid traffic problems, leave a little before 6. Whatever you do, do not go to NAMM on the weekend. The crowds on Saturday and Sunday are so bad that you can hardly move through the aisles, let alone speak to anyone or get a demonstration of something you’re interested in. If at all possible, go on Thursday or Friday. NAMM is so big that it would take days to see it all, so plan your visit to avoid missing the things you want to see.

Comment

Here's a fact for you: NAMM is the busiest weekend of the year for Downtown Disney restaurants. The impact of NAMM is felt in the resort, even if not felt inside the parks. That said, the opening of RotR will make this year's NAMM weekend one to avoid if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mandelbrot View Post

Here's a fact for you: NAMM is the busiest weekend of the year for Downtown Disney restaurants. The impact of NAMM is felt in the resort, even if not felt inside the parks. That said, the opening of RotR will make this year's NAMM weekend one to avoid if possible.
                Kind of like the massive crowds this past summer

Comment

The openings of Galaxy's Edge in both resorts were similar. The opening of Rise of the Resistance has been HUGE in Florida. So keep rolling your ignorant eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rammikin View Post

Unless you have an exhibitor badge, you’ll be parking at Angels Stadium, which is far enough away from the chaos that traffic won’t be a problem when you arrive. Hall E opens early so arrive early to beat the crowds and start your day in Hall E. The worst traffic is shortly after 6PM, when everyone is leaving the area at the same time, so to avoid traffic problems, leave a little before 6. Whatever you do, do not go to NAMM on the weekend. The crowds on Saturday and Sunday are so bad that you can hardly move through the aisles, let alone speak to anyone or get a demonstration of something you’re interested in. If at all possible, go on Thursday or Friday. NAMM is so big that it would take days to see it all, so plan your visit to avoid missing the things you want to see.
                    Thank you!

I start a brand new job this coming Monday so I won't be able to make it on Thursday or Friday, unfortunately. But I will get up first thing on Saturday and Sunday and make the best of it. Even then I will have more time than I did last year. I'll probably just go straight to Angel Stadium instead of wasting time by driving around the DLR.

Comment

The openings of Galaxy's Edge in both resorts were similar. The opening of Rise of the Resistance has been HUGE in Florida. So keep rolling your ignorant eyes.
                      You keep cheerleading and maybe one day it will come true.

Comment

I received a planning guide email from NAMM earlier today and they listed Toy Story as one of the parking lots that could be utilized (the others were Garden Walk, Angel Stadium, and the Honda Center). So other than inconveniencing Disneyland guests is there some other reason that parking in Toy Story would be discouraged? And without trying to stir the pot too much why would Disney allow the use of this lot for NAMM when they need all the space they can get for the ROTR grand opening?

Comment

And since you validate the 100,000 attendees do affect the resort - why is it a stretch to think they won’t dare enter DCA or DLP... I guess the other poster thinks no NAMM attendee is an AP’r... um I’m one of them and I’ve gone to DLR after the shows 6 years in a row. I guess some here think it’s my imagination seeing NAMM badges inside Disneyland. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                            is there some other reason that parking in Toy Story would be discouraged?
                            Toy Story NAMM parking is Thursday only.

Comment

In all fairness, it is a bit foolish to think ROTR won't bring in some hefty crowds.

Comment

You keep cheerleading and maybe one day it will come true.
                                The opening of Rise has been very successful at WDW, not sure what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Rammikin View Post

Toy Story NAMM parking is Thursday only.

But Toy Story doesn't ask you where you are going when you park ... so if you want to use it for NAMM on the other days then you can.

If you are going for NAMM and you can get there early enough and don't care about the traffic leaving then go ahead and park there.

Comment

Sorry, but the heck is NAMM????

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will be a nightmare. If you're going to go, I'd say go early. You absolutely do not want to be arriving around noon. Anyone who says it won't be a parking nightmare needs to explain what black magic they are going to use to avoid the ~100,000 NAMM attendees on top of the swarm of Disneylanders trying to get in for the opening of ROTR. Just try to get there early and you'll be just fine. As far as getting out, just expect traffic. I am not sure you can avoid it. With the right playlist, I'm sure it won't be so bad to chill in your car through the chaos around you! Good luck!

Comment

38 posts later no one has bothered to explain what the heck is NAMM.

I know we love the use of abbreviations, especially for attractions..... but one post explaining what N.A.M.M. stands for would be nice.
                                        MY SIGNATURE:
                                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Not Actually Means Much ???

MY SIGNATURE:
                                          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X