Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX to DLR travel.

Hello! My niece and her friend are traveling to Disneyland for their first time (the friend's first Disney trip ever) in mid February. They are not renting a car and so will need transport between LAX and the Resort. Other than Uber, Lyft and Taxi, what are the best options? They were planning on using the Disneyland Resort Express Shuttle, but that is ceasing operation in early January. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Other than Lyft or Uber you could look into a car service, I have used executive car service a number of times from Long beach and it worked out quite well a little pricey though. I would say Lyft or Uber would be your best bet.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

If they can see if they can change their tickets to land at John Wayne instead of LAX. It will likely be more expensive but when you factor in transportation from LAX the added cost of landing at John Wayne may be negligible.

Comment

Thank you. Unfortunately they are not able to switch their tickets, and the car service sounds great, but they are on a budget. I was hoping there was some sort of other shuttle operation. Hard to believe there wouldn't be one.

Comment

Or maybe look into taking uber to Union Station and then taking the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner to Anaheim. With the loss of the Disneyland Express transportation especially from LAX is going to be problematic.

Comment

Is there a particular reason they don't want to use ride-sharing? If they're on a budget it often works out cheaper to 'pay per ride' rather than a 'pay per person' shuttle.

Uber/Lyft estimate is around $45-50 one way total. My understanding is that SuperShuttle charges around $40 per person one way, but tbh I've never used it.
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              Is there a particular reason they don't want to use ride-sharing? If they're on a budget it often works out cheaper to 'pay per ride' rather than a 'pay per person' shuttle.

Uber/Lyft estimate is around $45-50 one way total. My understanding is that SuperShuttle charges around $40 per person one way, but tbh I've never used it.
              I thought Super Shuttle was also ceasing Disneyland transportation from LAX? IF not, it's a decent option. I've used it before. However, it can take forever if you're doing a shared shuttle, as the driver will wait for all passengers before leaving, which can take quite a while depending on the flights of the other passengers.

Comment

It really sucks that the Disneyland express is going out of business. That was a very useful way to get back and forth from LAX. God knows driving to and from that airport is an awful experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                  It really sucks that the Disneyland express is going out of business. That was a very useful way to get back and forth from LAX. God knows driving to and from that airport is an awful experience.
                  Does that means ,
                  Disneyland express is going out of business =
                  out from O.C.-
                  John Wayne Airport too ?
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

FYI Super Shuttle is going out of business too.

https://www.latimes.com/travel/story...service-to-lax

Uber/Lyft are really putting everyone out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Does that means ,
                      Disneyland express is going out of business =
                      out from O.C.-
                      John Wayne Airport too ?
                      Yep

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                        FYI Super Shuttle is going out of business too.

https://www.latimes.com/travel/story...service-to-lax

Uber/Lyft are really putting everyone out of business.
                        I do see a lot
                        Uber/Lyft
                        around more............SAD
                        for those people coming from out town........and just want to get to Disneyland.......
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Best thing to do, due to the new pickup area at LAX for uber and Lyft. Take the first airport hotel shuttle that arrives curbside at the airport. Get off at the hotel and hail the Uber/Lyft and takes about the same time. On a recent Sunday night Uber was surging to $160 one way to Disneyland. I went to the first hotel whose shuttle popped up and it was $57 while still being $160 from the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post
                            Best thing to do, due to the new pickup area at LAX for uber and Lyft. Take the first airport hotel shuttle that arrives curbside at the airport. Get off at the hotel and hail the Uber/Lyft and takes about the same time. On a recent Sunday night Uber was surging to $160 one way to Disneyland. I went to the first hotel whose shuttle popped up and it was $57 while still being $160 from the airport.
                            Can't agree with this advice more. Taking an Uber/Lyft directly from the Airport includes a surcharge that gets paid to LAX. As Yamamoto364, it's highly recommended to get out of the Airport and then schedule a ride share service. By doing this you also avoid LAXit, which is the new dedicated area near Terminal 1 which all users have to go to in order to get a ride share call, regardless of the terminal you fly to.

To get out of the airport, as mentioned you can either take a free shuttle bus to a nearby hotel or there is a free bus to the nearby LAX / Aviation bus and train station. Besides being cheaper, you will be able to schedule and get into the car much faster than via the LAXit system. I live in LA and someone gave me this tip a month ago before a trip and on my flight home, I took the free bus to the nearby LAX Aviation bus/train station and was able to then quickly get a car for much cheaper so know from experience it works. Haven't done the hotel shuttle bus only because I'm not sure if the hotel would say anything about taking their bus and not staying there. Probably no real reason for concern but just didn't want to deal with it and know the area well so had no concerns about the LAX Aviation station. If I was traveling from out of town, would probably feel more comfortable going to a hotel.

Comment

OK- you Guys
                              I try to read up about
                              Uber, Lyft
                              How does it work .......let say compare to a cab ?
                              All I know they doing better
                              business for last 2 years............
                              I trying to learn something here !
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Please make sure you use licensed carriers that have adequate insurance according to CA laws.

Please do not accept rides from strangers, even though an offer might be made with the best of intentions.

It is imperative that you do not get in an under-insured vehicle. A person might have a personal policy with million dollar limits, but that policy would provide zero coverage if the vehicle was being used for commercial use.

I am not a lawyer. I am not giving legal advice. I am only making sure that MiceChat is not used to arrange transportation in ways that could cause issues.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                                  Please make sure you use licensed carriers that have adequate insurance according to CA laws.

Please do not accept rides from strangers, even though an offer might be made with the best of intentions.

It is imperative that you do not get in an under-insured vehicle. A person might have a personal policy with million dollar limits, but that policy would provide zero coverage if the vehicle was being used for commercial use.

I am not a lawyer. I am not giving legal advice. I am only making sure that MiceChat is not used to arrange transportation in ways that could cause issues.

Thank you.
                                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

Thank you.
                                    Great Post.........with wisdom !
                                    One need be careful ..... when traveling ........no matter were they are .
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                                      OK- you Guys
                                      I try to read up about
                                      Uber, Lyft
                                      How does it work .......let say compare to a cab ?
                                      All I know they doing better
                                      business for last 2 years............
                                      I trying to learn something here !
                                      IIRC, Eagleman, you and I are in the 'same age group'. My sons got my husband and I into Uber/Lyft and we really find it easy and convenient. When we go to a large city, we park our car then use Uber or Lyft to get around. As a matter of fact, we used it just this week to get to a rally. Parked our car at our son's, called an Uber and away we went to the city center. Then called another one to go back and get our car. Saved us the hassle of looking for parking (which is always hard to find) and the parking fee.

It works like this:

You put the Uber and/or Lyft app on your smartphone. Then you link it to either a bank card or credit card (this is a must). You cannot pay in cash to the driver, it's all handled through the app.

When you want a ride, open the app. The screen will ask you to enter the address of your destination. Then you see a little map with a 'pin' on it. That 'pin' is to indicate where the driver will pick you up. The map also shows your current location. Just move the map until the pin meets your current location and hit enter. Voila! You will get a message with your driver's license plate and car type, their name and photo, and an ETA. Then you just wait on the curb and 'hail' the car when you see it. Easy peasy!

BFF and I use Uber at DL when we stay offsite. It's cheaper than parking and we like the 'door to door private car' service rather than waiting for a crowded shuttle and it's multiple stops. It can actually allow you to stay a bit further (thus cheaper) from DL than 'walking distance' without having to pay for parking.
                                      Last edited by Stormy; 12-23-2019, 01:05 PM.
                                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

IIRC, Eagleman, you and I are in the 'same age group'. My sons got my husband and I into Uber/Lyft and we really find it easy and convenient. When we go to a large city, we park our car then use Uber or Lyft to get around. As a matter of fact, we used it just this week to get to a rally. Parked our car at our son's, called an Uber and away we went to the city center. Then called another one to go back and get our car. Saved us the hassle of looking for parking (which is always hard to find) and the parking fee.

It works like this:

You put the Uber and/or Lyft app on your smartphone. Then you link it to either a bank card or credit card (this is a must). You cannot pay in cash to the driver, it's all handled through the app.

When you want a ride, open the app. The screen will ask you to enter the address of your destination. Then you see a little map with a 'pin' on it. That 'pin' is to indicate where the driver will pick you up. The map also shows your current location. Just move the map until the pin meets your current location and hit enter. Voila! You will get a message with your driver's license plate and car type, their name and photo, and an ETA. Then you just wait on the curb and 'hail' the car when you see it. Easy peasy!

BFF and I use Uber at DL when we stay offsite. It's cheaper than parking and we like the 'door to door private car' service rather than waiting for a crowded shuttle and it's multiple stops. It can actually allow you to stay a bit further (thus cheaper) from DL than 'walking distance' without having to pay for parking.
                                        STORMY
                                        Great Write up........
                                        I been trying ,to see how it work and get a better understanding....
                                        Very Well my Friend..........Now I understand.......
                                        My lesson for the Day !
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X