Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any issues with the Disney Flex Passport?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Any issues with the Disney Flex Passport?

For those of you who have the Flex annual pass, what are your thoughts about it? Have you had any issues with not being able to go to the parks because reservations were booked up and unavailable? Any other issues? I'm debating to step down to the Flex from Deluxe when my pass expires in February; any info/insight is much appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, I recommend downgrading to Flex. I am local and frequently make same day reservations. From my experience I can say that up until about 8:30 PM at least one of the parks is available for reservation. I even have had the situation arise where I accidentally only reserve one park and then arrive and realize I wanted to go to the other park. If that park is available you usually can go to the ticket booth and they will give you an exception ticket to enter the park you forgot to reserve. It is the same amount of days as Signature with just a portion of them being reservation only. The good to go days is basically the same as SoCal Select with a couple more added in causing it to be closer to deluxe as far as good to go days go. Then the added bonus of reservation days is where you really find the value

Comment

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post
      Yes, I recommend downgrading to Flex. I am local and frequently make same day reservations. From my experience I can say that up until about 8:30 PM at least one of the parks is available for reservation. I even have had the situation arise where I accidentally only reserve one park and then arrive and realize I wanted to go to the other park. If that park is available you usually can go to the ticket booth and they will give you an exception ticket to enter the park you forgot to reserve. It is the same amount of days as Signature with just a portion of them being reservation only. The good to go days is basically the same as SoCal Select with a couple more added in causing it to be closer to deluxe as far as good to go days go. Then the added bonus of reservation days is where you really find the value
      Thank you for this, I appreciate all the info!
      Glad to hear the Flex has been a great option, I'm very much leaning toward it.

Comment

The one thing to keep in mind is that while for the most part days having booked up so far with Flex Pass, that it is still new and its popularity can grow. As long as you remember to reserve at 7am 30days before the day you want, then you will be pretty much guaranteed to get that day. So if it is a vacation or a plan to go to the parks, make sure to keep this in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post

Can you not reserve both parks, once a month? Or can you only reserve one park?

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

Can you not reserve both parks, once a month? Or can you only reserve one park?
            I actually called them on this exact question a couple weeks ago. You can reserve a park hopper ticket and it does not count as 2 reservations for the same day.. Why anyone would specifically tie themselves to one park is beyond me. Only thing I can think of is they have it setup to count each part eventually as a separate reservation.
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

I actually called them on this exact question a couple weeks ago. You can reserve a park hopper ticket and it does not count as 2 reservations for the same day.. Why anyone would specifically tie themselves to one park is beyond me. Only thing I can think of is they have it setup to count each part eventually as a separate reservation.
              So with this pass you can, theoretically, reserve a Friday Saturday and Sunday park hopper once every 30 days?

Comment

So with this pass you can, theoretically, reserve a Friday Saturday and Sunday park hopper once every 30 days?
                just 2 days at a time within 30 yes. And you can make that reservation 30 days in advanced. So Fri/Sat. Also keep in mind there are green days meaning no reservations required.
                Last edited by biggsworth; 12-26-2019, 06:45 PM.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Clearing a few things up.
                  You can have two reservations at a time, each can be for both parks on the same day if they are available.
                  once you use one of those reservations you can make another if there are available reservations within the next 30 days.
                  you can only reserve a date 30 days in advance (not 90, ie. today is Dec 26, and the furthest reservation I can make is Jan 25 today)

other observations:
                  I would not take past availability as any guarantee of future availability, I expect that the pass will get more popular and last minute reservations will get harder and harder to get, so advance planning will be needed more and more. Also, This is the pass that Disney can turn up or down with almost no lead time to increase or decrease attendance as desired fro m passholders and busy days from one day/vacation guests.
                  Days that have been sold out for reservations have been made available again, but you need to watch and some have not been made available again.
                  Excessive missed reservations (3 in 90 days) will cause you to be locked out of making future reservations for 30days, but an occasional missed reservation will not cause problems, and cancelling a reservation before midnight the night before removes it from being a missed reservation.

I think the pass is a good deal as long as you know the system you are agreeing to and are okay with it.

Comment

Originally posted by derrickb View Post

I think the pass is a good deal as long as you know the system you are agreeing to and are okay with it.
                    And deal with this pass.....one is agreeing...... how it works........

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

We were debating on getting this pass when our last APs expired in July. But we were so afraid we would be blocked out in the summer we ruled against it. Now I regret we didn't do it lol. We would've saved SO much money, but oh well. I don't regret having the Signatures, it's still an amazing pass and with ease of mind but may consider the flex passes next time, especially now that GE opened and we more than got our fill and will have seven months of seeing ROTR before needing to renew again.

Comment

My one complaint about the Flex pass is that I have already used it so much I almost regret not getting a Signature pass to include the parking.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                          My one complaint about the Flex pass is that I have already used it so much I almost regret not getting a Signature pass to include the parking.
                          Parking Add Up..........$ Money Wise $
                          That Issue ,I had with Knott's "AP"
                          I never again get any pass with out parking ,
                          matter were it at !
                          IMO
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Can you buy this pass on the internet and reserve some days, before you go the first time and activate it? Or do you have to go to the park and go through the turnstiles once before you can ever reserve any days?

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                              Fortunately, just one person in your party needs a signature pass to get parking and higher discounts.
                              Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

I had an interesting experience with the flex pass last visit, booked for Disney California only on a Saturday since Disneyland was blocked out. Stood for World of Color Holiday... and decided to walk across to disneyland after the show.... and it scanned and let me in. After a certain time at night are reservations mute? Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

Fortunately, just one person in your party needs a signature pass to get parking and higher discounts.
                                  I'm a single rider, so I would've bought an add-on if I had the option. I have friends who are getting passes soon (one Sig, one Flex) so I'll carpool with them whenever they go.

Comment

Can you buy this pass on the internet and reserve some days, before you go the first time and activate it? Or do you have to go to the park and go through the turnstiles once before you can ever reserve any days?
                                    You can reserve days as soon as you buy the pass. You don't have to wait until you visit the park for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by kastfan View Post

You can reserve days as soon as you buy the pass. You don't have to wait until you visit the park for the first time.
                                      Thanks for the info.

Comment

Edit: This is not true, they will update expiration date.

unlike other levels of annual passes you can buy online which don't start till you visit, your one year flex pass starts the day you buy it online.
                                        Last edited by derrickb; 01-05-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X