Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyperspace Mountain at Disneyland to Close Jan. 7 as Star Wars Overlay is Removed

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperspace Mountain at Disneyland to Close Jan. 7 as Star Wars Overlay is Removed

Was noted in the Micechat update for today and also from wdwinfo.com:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ay-is-removed/

All I have to say is: "Thank the Maker!"
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

;_; I didn't make it on before our passes got blocked. I am one of the few who really enjoyed it.
    "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post
      ;_; I didn't make it on before our passes got blocked. I am one of the few who really enjoyed it.
      Me and my family all prefer hyperspace over the original at this point as well. I don't have any problems with space mountain I just really enjoy the overlay.

Comment

I for SPACE MOUNTAIN........coming back
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I am mixed at this point. While I love the original, the more I read about the "improvements" and plussing that we should have/could have gotten, that other places at least experimented with, I find it alittle sad when OG space mountain comes back without anything new. I don't expect them to ever fix the astroid at the start that never got turned on. But, with all the screens and projectors put in for hyperspace and ghost Galaxy, you'd think they could add little features here or there like Paris used to have.

As cheap an upgrade they are, I find myself looking forward to hyperspace and ghost Galaxy just cause they're something different, and a hope we could see plussing to the regular attraction.

Comment

I would be more than happy to see the original Space "plussed" as well. While I love the classic version for what it represents (an original, IP-less attraction) and it's soundtrack (which I'm a big fan of), there is certainly always room for improvement. I think this is why I actually prefer California Screamin' to the Incredicoaster too. While not exactly mind blowing in terms of concept, there is/was potential in there to "plus" things up at some point while enjoying the fun, albeit simply executed current iteration. But changes like the Incredicoaster have a more "permanent" feel. Things are more "locked down" and in my eyes, somehow for the worse. Especially where the Incredicoaster's soundtrack/audio is concerned. I was starting to worry that Space might be going down that same path with the Star Wars overlay.

Hyperspace was fun for a little while and would be alright in my eyes to show up for a few weeks whenever a new Star Wars film releases but I'm not a fan of the horribly warped and out of scale ship projections and the Star Wars score doesn't quite feel like it fits the attraction in the way that the classic version by Michael Giacchino does, especially at the beginning with the opening crawl fanfare as you travel up the lift hills. I feel like the energy present in that moment should have you moving a little bit faster or open in to some kind of grand reveal instead of just slowly ascending up the same, unchanged lift hills we've always seen.
            "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

This is wonderful news. "Classic" Space Mountain is such an incredible experience, and so classically "Disney" in representing the excitement and optimism of space travel.

Hyperspace Mountain was so cheap and tacky by comparison - with the "jump to lightspeed" while clanking up the lift hill, and the obviously flat projections that also made the track visible - I look forward to returning to the park ASAP just to finally ride Space Mountain again!

Comment

I actually don't mind them switching up the experiences throughout the year. I love all versions of Space Mountain.

And hey post number 5000 for me!
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Will they bring back the chocolate chip cookie?

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                    I actually don't mind them switching up the experiences throughout the year. I love all versions of Space Mountain.

And hey post number 5000 for me!
                    Same here! All versions are great & I enjoy them switching it up in-between my visits.

Comment

I got an early Christmas present from Disneyland when they decided to bring the original Space Mountain back. It's about time. Hyperspace Mountain really overstayed its welcome this time.

Comment

Originally posted by dlhmfan View Post
                        i got an early christmas present from disneyland when they decided to bring the original space mountain back. It's about time. Hyperspace mountain really overstayed its welcome this time.
                        I Agree
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I Agree
                          The Haunted Mansion Holiday has similar issues. It overstays its welcome two months each season. And in January it stays 2 weeks longer. Poor Haunted Mansion, after the refurb, it may get a four or five month run in 2020.

Comment

While it is nice to have some variety, eight months is definitely too long for a mediocre overlay in my opinion!

Comment

Mandalorian Mountain featuring Baby Yoda is my hope.

Comment

Originally posted by eicarr View Post
                                Mandalorian Mountain featuring Baby Yoda is my hope.
                                Revamp the Incredicoaster. Instead of Jack Jacks, Baby Yodas? Ig11 and Mando searching for the child. And the loop can have a new meaning after episode 8, from a certain ending scene.

Comment

Only seven more days to go until Disneyland's Space Mountain returns to normal. It's about time too! It must be all "Star Wars'd" out.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                                    Only seven more days to go until Disneyland's Space Mountain returns to normal. It's about time too! It must be all "Star Wars'd" out.
                                    I looking for SPACE MOUNTAIN
                                    coming back.......
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I looking for SPACE MOUNTAIN
                                      coming back.......
                                      The score for Hyperspace Mountain is no match for the power of the Michael Giacchino score.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post

The score for Hyperspace Mountain is no match for the power of the Michael Giacchino score.
                                        That what makes
                                        "Classic" Space Mountain

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X