Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Disneyland to use virtual queue for new Rise of the Resistance ride" - OC Register

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Disneyland to use virtual queue for new Rise of the Resistance ride" - OC Register

It's official. The drill from Florida is to arrive before park opening and have your entire group inside before rope drop, which is when the Boarding Groups become available on the app. Those at park opening are getting on during the morning hours and those who arrive after are usually getting on in the afternoon/evening. BGs are full within 30 minutes to an hour, when backup BGs are assigned and are full shortly thereafter.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/2...sistance-ride/
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 12-23-2019, 06:17 PM.

Cool wonder how early people will need to be for that first day at DLR
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
      They used the first week or so in Florida to fine tune the posted park opening time, the guest entrance time, and VQ opening time. In that first week they had people arriving earlier and earlier before opening but put the kibosh on it by opening the VQ at the posted park opening time (which they eventually moved to 7 AM) and only letting people in 30 minutes prior to that (same as rope drop here, IIRC).

Of course over there they don't seem to have the phenomenon of people willing to campout before big events which opening day of RotR here will undeniably be. For the 60th they had specific rules for arriving early, even the night before, so I would expect something like that.

Comment

Good to know! I bought Flex Passes for my wife and I for Christmas and we have reservations for Jan. 18th to (hopefully) experience it opening weekend.
        "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
          Good to know! I bought Flex Passes for my wife and I for Christmas and we have reservations for Jan. 18th to (hopefully) experience it opening weekend.
          See you there LOL!

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
            It's more of the question of how many days are people going to camp out. Everyone keeps forgetting how different the DL culture is.

Comment

I still wonder why no passes are blocked for the 17th. Itll be chaotic for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TLand2055 View Post
                I still wonder why no passes are blocked for the 17th. Itll be chaotic for sure.
                Disney wants the park be flood it with Guest .........makes them look good
                IMO
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If they blocked the lower passees nobody would be there.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                    If they blocked the lower passees nobody would be there.
                    There be people there -"Do or Dang" !
                    I just be one , that will Not
                    Do not need be first.....
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

So can i go to disney california and board a group?

Comment

Cool! No way are we tempting opening day lol but may try opening week. From everything being said about this ride, it sounds totally worth it. Disney has a huge hit on their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Fctiger View Post
                          Cool! No way are we tempting opening day lol but may try opening week. From everything being said about this ride, it sounds totally worth it. Disney has a huge hit on their hands.
                          Excellent! Since it's such a huge hit, I'm sure we'll see Disney hire back the CMs and live entertainers who were canned when Star Wars Land under-performed -- and we'll see all staffing, in-service ride vehicles, cash register positions, janitorial, parking, maintenance, and customer service returned to their pre-Star Wars Land levels.
                          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Excellent! Since it's such a huge hit, I'm sure we'll see Disney hire back the CMs and live entertainers who were canned when Star Wars Land under-performed -- and we'll see all staffing, in-service ride vehicles, cash register positions, janitorial, parking, maintenance, and customer service returned to their pre-Star Wars Land levels.
                            I would not cross my fingers lol
                            IMO= I still see
                            Consumer
                            - Paying more for Less !
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Wonder how long they'll do it this way. I don't have a date etched in stone, but I may find myself in So Cal (with nothing to do) in late Feb/early Mar.

How are they going to handle 'crowd control' on the Esplanade the first few days (weeks?). Tensions can run high when people feel they 'gotta get in first' in order to boot up their phones to snag a pass.

How can you be sure all your group is in the same boarding group. If you link all the tickets can one person get everyone in their group the same pass time?

(The OCR article is behind a paywall)
                              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Would you like it to be a huge hit?

Comment

Has anyone here seen ROTR ? How did you manage to get in before the virtual queue starts next week?

Any cast members here willing to host my party of two to get a preview tomorrow?
                                  --
                                  http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Originally posted by LD1984 View Post

What will they complain about if it's a hit? Nothing. Lot of the "fans" want a failure. Just like they pretend SWGE is, when it's only now getting its main attraction.
                                    It's definitely not a failure but it also feels unfinished even with ROTR. The area is huge but also feels lifeless. They need to add more elements to the area to make it feel like Star Wars. I can't wait to see how they change it as it ages. The easy things to add are the land elements they showed off at D23 that I guess they felt the need to cut.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                    NYE 2011 trip report
                                    Leap year 24 hour report
                                    New DCA trip report
                                    NYE 2012
                                    HKDL trip report

Comment

I have a question I’ve been lurking around for weeks to hopefully get an answer to. Nothing so far so here goes!

I’m coming down from Oregon to go on ROTR with friends on Thursday, February 6. I have booked us a room at Paradise Pier Hotel so we can get into Disneyland’s Extra Magic Hour that morning and hopefully be in the clear for claiming a boarding pass.

My question: how is DLR going to handle hotel guests separately from the huge lines that may already be outside the park by 5 or 6AM each morning? Will there still be extra magic hour for the posted days? If so, it seems to me they won’t be letting anyone else into the park any earlier than posted opening time.

If anyone has any knowledge on how this will work, please do share! The room wasn’t cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsman View Post
                                        I have a question I’ve been lurking around for weeks to hopefully get an answer to. Nothing so far so here goes!

I’m coming down from Oregon to go on ROTR with friends on Thursday, February 6. I have booked us a room at Paradise Pier Hotel so we can get into Disneyland’s Extra Magic Hour that morning and hopefully be in the clear for claiming a boarding pass.

My question: how is DLR going to handle hotel guests separately from the huge lines that may already be outside the park by 5 or 6AM each morning? Will there still be extra magic hour for the posted days? If so, it seems to me they won’t be letting anyone else into the park any earlier than posted opening time.

If anyone has any knowledge on how this will work, please do share! The room wasn’t cheap...
                                        Also wondering how they'll deal with DCA magic hour. People will end up skipping DCA if they want to get in line for DL to get a boarding pass.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                        NYE 2011 trip report
                                        Leap year 24 hour report
                                        New DCA trip report
                                        NYE 2012
                                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X