Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2020

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...n-summer-2020/

Looks like within the next year we will be getting one new E ticket (star wars) and also a Ride man D ticket ride. Not too bad of a year, lets hope the land can live up to the details we've seen at most newer lands at the parks.
    Happy Halloween!!!

The more I hear about the land, the more I worry.

In a nutshell, its:
    -Spidey's Ride(WEB?)
    -Ant-Man/Pym Restaurant
    -Meet and Greet Location(s)
    -A facade for a ride not yet built
    -Entertainment?

And the expected 'relocation' of GOTG Mission Breakout (AKA being listed in the Avengers Campus, and not Hollywoodland). This will join the exclusive club of rides 'moving' to another land(Matterhorn, Autopia, Davy Crockett Canoes, Emotional Whirlwind, Swing Dance Stage)

This is not going to be pretty sight for fans or PR for the Resort. Considering that Marvel is now one of the crown jewels of the company, this seems like a major disgrace to one of their breadwinners.

Help me Kevin Feige...You're my only hope....

Comment

Avengers Campus roster:

1) Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout!
      2) Spider-Man W.E.B. Experience attraction
      3) Doctor Strange Mystic Arts show
      4) PYM Test Kitchen
      5) W.E.B. Suppliers store
      6) Avengers Headquarters store
      7) Superhero Meet n’ Greets
      8) Possible Avengers stunt show on top of Avengers Headquarters and continuing onto W.E.B. Bldg with Spider-Man stunt animatronic

At some point in 2022 or 23, Avengers Headquarters may serve as entrance to new E-Ticket attraction.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheres the beef.jpg
Views:	1196
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	8609740 Great.. They found another way to serve you less food and charge you more :

Avengers Campus will also feature Pym Test Kitchen. Just as Ant-Man and The Wasp use “Pym Particles” to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies is using the latest innovations to grow and shrink food at this eatery.
        Last edited by Jerryp49; 12-27-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riH5EsGcmTw

Comment

Still not a fan of GOTG being forced into the land and it doesn't even face it. What a lazy way to make sure the land has an e-ticket in it already. They should have green lighted and built a new attraction for the area already. I myself can't believe how horrible this seems to be looking. Marvel has so much potential but instead we get shadeless buildings.
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

It's a really interesting expansion but not really too much new info over what we've already known really.

I've been feeling more mixed on the entire thing really. I liked the way the origional Tower of Terror fit with the Buena Vista street for sure. But as this expansion goes on if this is the route they're going I guess it works alright. In most major ways Tower has never really fit. Bugs Land and Tower were both added onto these very artificial feeling square plots. I remember back when we all discussed the lack of Berm in DCA and how that impacted these additions and even with all the improvements they were never fully integrated really. I mean I'd love to have seen the Hyperion get an indoor queue and have a real street buildup to Tower of Terror but it never really happened and Disney never really okayed the money.

Even if we had that the angle of the Tower was always weird. The Bugs Land transitions were okish and while the land itself was visually unique there really wasn't anything to it except transparant filler.

I already feel a desire that Spiderman have gotten something bigger and more practical but I don't really know what the experience in total is going to be for the attraction. It does sound more repeatable and enjoyable than ITTBAB and certainly more unique than anything in A Bugs Land.

This area will likely always perpetually suffer from the foundations laid by the very boxy additions of the old areas even as they become supplanted by newer additions. Carsland was carefully designed to be what it is and even the rest of the parks layout for better or worse is what was concieved as a plan but the Bugs/Tower pads will likely always feel somewhat awkward. The bigger attraction being in the wings doesn't seem like as big a deal to me this year as the buildup to Star Wars.

I think the thing that will determine the success for this ride is going to be the entertainment honestly. Certainly Galaxies Edge would benefit from the actual implementation of its grand entertainment plans but I think the Avengers area might need it all the more.

If they can get stunt shows going throughout the day and maybe even contemplate bringing the old night dance parties back to an area within this land? I think that creating an activity hub for the park would make this area feel like a constant superhero adventure. It needs that buzz of Spidey swinging through the tower and the lighting of Stark Technologies or whatever else the areas going to have.

I think if the land just sits as what it is and offers a handful of meet and greets that's where it'll feel more dud like. It'll never feel like an all inclusive Galaxies Edge and that really isn't what it should shoot for but it out to be a fun and interesting area to walk through nonetheless and its the entertainment complimenting the design that will sell it and they should at least keep it with a beefy compliment of entertainment until the big coaster is ready to start jetting thrings through.
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Bug's Land had just a few carts, and no restaurants or shops. I suspect that the new land was built just to make more money, given its only ride is a TSMM clone.

Comment

I seriously CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! This looks like a lot of fun and my kids are already salivating. It's still crazy to know we got both a Star Wars and Marvel land within one year of each other (or relatively close). I know not everyone is happy about these lands but I couldn't be more ecstatic. I know I won't be blown away with Avenger's Campus like I am with GE but just having something represent MCU is pretty cool and I suspect the Avengers ride will be huge E ticket level. Maybe not ROTR level but pretty up there.

Comment

We've already known really......
                    But now , it on over the New's...Disney "PR" spin of the week !
                    Last edited by Eagleman; 12-27-2019, 05:10 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                      The more I hear about the land, the more I worry.

In a nutshell, its:
                      -Spidey's Ride(WEB?)
                      -Ant-Man/Pym Restaurant
                      -Meet and Greet Location(s)
                      -A facade for a ride not yet built
                      -Entertainment?

And the expected 'relocation' of GOTG Mission Breakout (AKA being listed in the Avengers Campus, and not Hollywoodland). This will join the exclusive club of rides 'moving' to another land(Matterhorn, Autopia, Davy Crockett Canoes, Emotional Whirlwind, Swing Dance Stage)

This is not going to be pretty sight for fans or PR for the Resort. Considering that Marvel is now one of the crown jewels of the company, this seems like a major disgrace to one of their breadwinners.

Help me Kevin Feige...You're my only hope....
                      Then we have to bitch about the HM which was built years before it came out....its totally fine to hint at the future
                      Toy Story is pretty loved...so I don't know i more advance version is bad

I don't know this is what they told us about years ago and if we do get live shows ont he building it will have life unlike SW land
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                        We've already known really......
                        But now , it on over the New's...Disney "PR" spin of the week !
                        Its mainly the date....people on here kept saying it wont make summer...and this comfirms it will...unlike the SW ride nothing should hold this back and as someone going to the Halloween Party next year this is great news
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fctiger View Post
                          I seriously CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! This looks like a lot of fun and my kids are already salivating. It's still crazy to know we got both a Star Wars and Marvel land within one year of each other (or relatively close). I know not everyone is happy about these lands but I couldn't be more ecstatic. I know I won't be blown away with Avenger's Campus like I am with GE but just having something represent MCU is pretty cool and I suspect the Avengers ride will be huge E ticket level. Maybe not ROTR level but pretty up there.
                          Also Nintendoland at Universal...its a great three years for Southern CA theme parks
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

Then we have to bitch about the HM which was built years before it came out....its totally fine to hint at the future
                            Haunted Mansion's delay was because of the World's Fair and Walt's death.

If the previous reports were true, the head of parks (who I won't name, so the thread won't derail) was unsatisfied with WDI's proposals for the Avengers ride and rejected the proposals at least twice. This is likely the main reason, of why it hasn't been built yet.

It should be noted though, that the Avengers Campus might of been slated for Hollywoodland's Northern section, instead of Bugsland. TDA had intended to expand that section of DCA during the Eastern Gateway project(which was scrapped).

Comment

Disney is hoping this summer to have
                              both Parks fill 2020.......expect higher price on Admission's and "AP" s
                              imo
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Haunted Mansion's delay was because of the World's Fair and Walt's death.

If the previous reports were true, the head of parks (who I won't name, so the thread won't derail) was unsatisfied with WDI's proposals for the Avengers ride and rejected the proposals at least twice. This is likely the main reason, of why it hasn't been built yet.

It should be noted though, that the Avengers Campus might of been slated for Hollywoodland's Northern section, instead of Bugsland. TDA had intended to expand that section of DCA during the Eastern Gateway project(which was scrapped).
                                Who cares the reason...the HM sat there for YEARS and looking back many think it was cool marketing

The scoop of the Avengers ride is suppose to be E ticket and think its good they aren't rushing it. With Disneyland already getting a true Eticket this year, I'm more than glad to wait like maybe 3 years for another over 20 years like Indy.
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Honestly, I know it will never happen, but I'm kind of REALLY hoping that with Marvel's characters getting their own land in the parks, maybe we can finally get some work done on Hollywood Backlot. Maybe? Granted, if that was really going to happen, I expect they would have moved Mike and Sulley over to Pixar Pier, so... Backlot will forever be trapped as... A passing through land...

Comment

THIS! Moving GOTG to avengers campus could be the signal of the eventual revamp of Hollywood land. All those buildings with little usage (besides monsters inc) are prime real estate for the next big upgrade... not to mention they can still go forward with the rumored expansion into the central hub.

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15 View Post

THIS! Moving GOTG to avengers campus could be the signal of the eventual revamp of Hollywood land. All those buildings with little usage (besides monsters inc) are prime real estate for the next big upgrade... not to mention they can still go forward with the rumored expansion into the central hub.
                                      Isn't Monsters Inc usage also not terribly impressive? I'd guess it's doing somewhat better than the rest of it but that area tends to get missed by most guests walking through the land. Honestly most of Hollywoodland does probably due to poor layout. My bet is that if they did opt to redo the entire area what'd be left is the Hyperion as it has solid theater infrastructure that would continue to be a great asset for Disney.

I'd hate to see the Animation building leave but it does eat alot of space and the honestly I just love the walk through the lobby and sorcerers workshop. Disney's pretty much crimped up the walk-through and most of the other elements of it aren't really that impressive.

I'd hope whatever they're planning it waits until they can free up that extra land slice northward so that the park can have a real substantial expansion slice opened up to make all the demolition/remodeling worth it.

I would wonder what the area would be themed to since the Bugsland/Tower slots will be a pretty large walking area and the new coaster will give the land two Etickets.
                                      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
                                        I would wonder what the area would be themed to since the Bugsland/Tower slots will be a pretty large walking area and the new coaster will give the land two Etickets.
                                        The Avengers E-Ticket is not a coaster.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X