Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland temporarily stops seeking tickets at 1140 am

Disneyland has temporarily stopped selling gate tickets for Disneyland park.

Signature plus passes are still being honored at this time.

https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday/...849981954?s=19

https://twitter.com/DisneylandAP/status/1210647583103819776?s=19
    Last edited by Golden Zephyr; 12-27-2019, 03:14 PM.

Wow. Not too surprising that it's busy though, since it's the first sunny day after a rainy Christmas.
    I wonder how much Monday's rain will affect crowd levels.

Comment

"Worst Week of the Year".........(sad to those who coming to parks ,but have no Ideal )
      ........not surprising
      Last edited by Eagleman; 12-27-2019, 08:40 PM.
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Not surprised. The most crowded I've ever seen DL was 2 days during the week after Xmas a few years ago. It was pretty much shoulder to shoulder lock-step. You could have picked your feet up off the ground and the crowd would have simply carried you along. I don't think I'll ever go back to DL at that time again. Don't get me wrong, we still had a great time, but it took a bit more 'effort' to keep that Disney frame of mind.

A real difference to the early/mid '70s when that week was one of the best times to go for low crowds. Rose Bowl Day it was a ghost town consisting mainly of women and children.
        ​"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

New Year DAY.........is a better day ,because of the bowls games .

As for the week goes......
          It's a Dream come true............for Disney $ $ $$ $
          But become a Night mare for the Guest's !
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

It’s that time of year...when news trucks park on Harbor Blvd and interview people who could not buy a Disneyland ticket or had to wait outside of Disneyland for an opening...
            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Power of the mouse!

I love DL but I don't love it that much to feel like a sardine all day. But obviously many do.

Comment

I feel so bad for the kids who get brought these days and can barley go on any rides....I have no clue why so many willing to to a theme park knowing it will be packed and wait an hour plus for every ride
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I've been here since Sunday and from what I saw they never stopped selling tickets this week at least.
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    I feel so bad for the kids who get brought these days and can barley go on any rides....I have no clue why so many willing to to a theme park knowing it will be packed and wait an hour plus for every ride
                    A lot of guests during this time are out of town visitors and many of them do not do any research on crowd levels only on pricing and accommodations.

Funny how this year park rarely hit capacity were as during the 60th I feel like capacity was hitting several times a month. New land with SW theme? "meh" Sparkly decorations and limited addition merchandise? "Man the gates the FOMO masses are invading!"

Comment

Star Wars land increased park capacity by several thousand, I'd imagine. Even more once the other ride opens. I believe they stated that increased capacity was one of the motivations in putting in a whole new land.
                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

A lot of guests during this time are out of town visitors and many of them do not do any research on crowd levels only on pricing and accommodations.

Funny how this year park rarely hit capacity were as during the 60th I feel like capacity was hitting several times a month. New land with SW theme? "meh" Sparkly decorations and limited addition merchandise? "Man the gates the FOMO masses are invading!"
                        I'll never get that you spend thousand of bucks but cant look up for 15 mins when Disneyland is busy?

I'm going to Japan in the next two years and hell yes I'm doing research, I'm spending money on it I'm looking it up a little first
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

I'll never get that you spend thousand of bucks but cant look up for 15 mins when Disneyland is busy?

I'm going to Japan in the next two years and hell yes I'm doing research, I'm spending money on it I'm looking it up a little first
                          I feel the same way lol πŸ˜‚
                          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                          My company had a special night at the park
                          WdW trip report with WWoHP
                          NYE 2011 trip report
                          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                          Leap year 24 hour report
                          New DCA trip report
                          NYE 2012
                          HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

I feel the same way lol πŸ˜‚
                            Yeah I hear you both, I’ll spend hours studying google maps even when I travel but the majority do not nor do they go on forums etc. Tourest tend to be more concerned about sleeping and travel arrangements then they often are the actual destination.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X