Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Frozen musical

Has anyone been to both the Broadway Frozen musical and the one at the parks (California Adventures)? Wondering if I go to one, if I need to go to the other.

Originally posted by Sightalignment View Post
    Has anyone been to both the Broadway Frozen musical and the one at the parks (California Adventures)? Wondering if I go to one, if I need to go to the other.
    To my knowledge, the DCA version is a lite version of the movie(45 mins?), but does not cost extra to see. The Broadway version is a full scale musical with a higher production value than its DCA counterpart, and includes news songs that were written for Broadway version only. And it cost money to see.

Comment

Have seen both. Broadway one is a completely different show and had better performers and was 2 hours vs DCA's 45 minutes. All the sets are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

To my knowledge, the DCA version is a lite version of the movie(45 mins?), but does not cost extra to see. The Broadway version is a full scale musical with a higher production value than its DCA counterpart, and includes news songs that were written for Broadway version only. And it cost money to see.
        Correct except on the runtime of Frozen Live at DCA. The show at DCA runs at 1 hour. 15 minutes longer than Aladdin but still shorter than its Broadway equivalent.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
        Indy Ride Count: 2211
        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

I have seen both - Broadway in it's 2nd week when it opened and at DCA. The Broadway production is *amazing* - the detail of the costumes, couple of fun surprises, acting and singing are very high caliber. Can highly recommend it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X