Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

Went today. Here's the story. I purchased two flex passes two days ago online. I went to the ticket window today to buy two more. I told the CM my story. Ultimately, with the two I had already purchased, they updated the expiration date for me. However, today was a blackout date with no reservation allowed for Flex passes. The CM did give me two courtesy visit tickets to enter today, but that's only because I purchased two other passes today. Had i shown up today with my flex pass and was not buying a new pass, they would not have let me enter by treating it as if a I had purchased today.
    That's great to hear and good to know for the future.

What I ended up doing in November was buying a two-day ticket to the parks and then upgrading it to Flex at the end of my visit. I went to the ticketbooth in evening and they said that if I upgraded they would grant me an exemption to re-enter the park, but that I would lose all of my fastpasses stored on my ticket with the upgrade. They suggested I use them then come back out right before the ticket booths clothes to get my full day.

I was a little wily and left my camera bag in a locker when I exited the park at 11:00pm to upgrade my ticket. I was a little shocked when the ticket line took a full 30 minutes, but I explained the situation, telling them that I left my expensive equipment in my locker with the promise I would be able to re-enter the park despite it being a non-flex day. They moved extra fast to upgrade my ticket and get me an exemption to enter the park for the remaining 15 minutes of the park hours (excluding the extra hour Main Street stays open for, which I took advantage of). It was all a little ad hoc but they figured out a way to make it work.

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

Before you buy the flex pass, is there any way to determine if you can actually reserve the days you want 30 days from that date of purchase, before you pay for it?
    The admission calendar online/in-app tells you which days are good to go, reservation only, reservation unavailable, and blocked out for the entire year. You just can't actually make the reservation until just before.

Comment

Before you buy the flex pass, is there any way to determine if you can actually reserve the days you want 30 days from that date of purchase, before you pay for it?
      I assume you would look at the blackout calendar and see if the day is crossed out?

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

That's great to hear and good to know for the future.

What I ended up doing in November was buying a two-day ticket to the parks and then upgrading it to Flex at the end of my visit. I went to the ticketbooth in evening and they said that if I upgraded they would grant me an exemption to re-enter the park, but that I would lose all of my fastpasses stored on my ticket with the upgrade. They suggested I use them then come back out right before the ticket booths clothes to get my full day.

I was a little wily and left my camera bag in a locker when I exited the park at 11:00pm to upgrade my ticket. I was a little shocked when the ticket line took a full 30 minutes, but I explained the situation, telling them that I left my expensive equipment in my locker with the promise I would be able to re-enter the park despite it being a non-flex day. They moved extra fast to upgrade my ticket and get me an exemption to enter the park for the remaining 15 minutes of the park hours (excluding the extra hour Main Street stays open for, which I took advantage of). It was all a little ad hoc but they figured out a way to make it work.

The admission calendar online/in-app tells you which days are good to go, reservation only, reservation unavailable, and blocked out for the entire year. You just can't actually make the reservation until just before.
        I have the Disneyland app but I've never seen any calendar on it for the flex pass. Is there a different app for the flex pass? Or can you only access it if you have a flex pass scaned into your app? If possible I'd like to see how availability is with the pass over the coming months.

Comment

I have the Disneyland app but I've never seen any calendar on it for the flex pass. Is there a different app for the flex pass? Or can you only access it if you have a flex pass scaned into your app? If possible I'd like to see how availability is with the pass over the coming months.
          So I'm having similar issue. On my app, it shows I have the flex pass. But the blackout calendar on my app shows everyday is a good day to go, i.e. No blackouts. I also can't seem to make reservations through the app. I had to make reservations through the website.

Comment

So I'm having similar issue. On my app, it shows I have the flex pass. But the blackout calendar on my app shows everyday is a good day to go, i.e. No blackouts. I also can't seem to make reservations through the app. I had to make reservations through the website.
            That's so odd. I've never had that problem with my daughter's Flex pass. It shows all the days as available (except for the last two weeks of December/first week January), but the ones in green are "good to go" days and the ones in blue are the "reservations only" days. We almost exclusively use the app and have made all our reservations through it.

Comment

I took a screen recording of me navigating the app, but apparently Micechat is stuck in the Stone Age and I can't upload a video directly into a post without first putting it on YouTube.

After clicking the hamburger icon in the lower right corner, I go to ticket and passes. It might just be because my Flex Pass is linked, but I have options to both "Reserve Days" and view the "Admission Calendar". "Admission Calendar" lets me see blockout days for all pass levels if I select them and for specific parks. "Reserve Days" lets me pick my reservations in accordance with the Flex Pass blockout calendar. I tried signing out to view this page without a ticket or pass and it basically made me sign in to see it, so I can't be sure how it works without the pass linked.

If you want to view the Flex Pass admission calendar, just check here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/pas...r-flex-annual/. Note you can pick by individual park so be sure to filter accordingly.

If you continue to have issues with the app not recognizing your Flex Pass, try to unlink it from your app (and perhaps even your account?) and relinking it. I've heard about others having similar problems, though when that failed to work for a small portion of them, they had to have their pass reissued with a different ticket number for some reason.

Comment

Our signature APs expire tomorrow. We grabbed flex APs just in case. Usually we hold APs every other year but the flex AP for our style and sounds like a good value for us.
                Last edited by biggsworth; 01-04-2020, 11:25 PM.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

As of this morning, Disneyland ticket prices have not changed.

Comment

Ne jamais dire jamais! I think if prices are going to increase it'll happen when Disney thinks we've all 'exhaled', not while we're still holding our breaths.
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                      I took a screen recording of me navigating the app, but apparently Micechat is stuck in the Stone Age and I can't upload a video directly into a post without first putting it on YouTube.

After clicking the hamburger icon in the lower right corner, I go to ticket and passes. It might just be because my Flex Pass is linked, but I have options to both "Reserve Days" and view the "Admission Calendar". "Admission Calendar" lets me see blockout days for all pass levels if I select them and for specific parks. "Reserve Days" lets me pick my reservations in accordance with the Flex Pass blockout calendar. I tried signing out to view this page without a ticket or pass and it basically made me sign in to see it, so I can't be sure how it works without the pass linked.

If you want to view the Flex Pass admission calendar, just check here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/pas...r-flex-annual/. Note you can pick by individual park so be sure to filter accordingly.

If you continue to have issues with the app not recognizing your Flex Pass, try to unlink it from your app (and perhaps even your account?) and relinking it. I've heard about others having similar problems, though when that failed to work for a small portion of them, they had to have their pass reissued with a different ticket number for some reason.
                      I updated my app and all is working now! Thanks.

Comment

We decided to give Flex a try for our kids since they do not need discounts or parking. We figured worse case scenario if we had to purchase tickets for them due to days being blocked it would have to happen more than 4x to nullify our savings. We have friends that have been using Flex since the beginning and have yet to be blocked out over the past 9 months or so and they often do not reserve until a couple of days before. 2021 the Flex might reach saturation where it's not longer this convenient but we felt it was worth the gamble this year to save $100 per month.

My question is since we renewed ( they roll in the downpayment they do not waive it like they did years ago ), will we still just use our old existing passes even for our kids who switched to Flex from Sig? I am pretty sure our Signature passes will not require a new card but the Flex I was also assuming would be fine but assumptions as they say?
                        Last edited by Starcade; 01-06-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

My Deluxe Pass is expiring on 1/22/20. So, I renewed to a Flex Pass last Sunday, 1/5/20.

I am a bit surprised that the prices haven't gone up yet this month. Are there any more predictions on this? Will they or will they not go up before the opening of ROTR on 1/17?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Toad View Post
                            My Deluxe Pass is expiring on 1/22/20. So, I renewed to a Flex Pass last Sunday, 1/5/20.

I am a bit surprised that the prices haven't gone up yet this month. Are there any more predictions on this? Will they or will they not go up before the opening of ROTR on 1/17?
                            I have say ,I SURPRISE as well !
                            For some reason Disney is holding back.....
                            But don't forget Disney , can rise the price over night.....at any time
                            imo
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

To be honest I would not be surprised if they pick this weekend as the time to up the price, with everyone distracted with the new attraction opening and the SoCal 3 day tickets now going on sale just in time for the locals to hit up the RotR ride and decide they want to run their 3 day into an AP it would be prime time to make any increase with the least blowback.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                To be honest I would not be surprised if they pick this weekend as the time to up the price, with everyone distracted with the new attraction opening and the SoCal 3 day tickets now going on sale just in time for the locals to hit up the RotR ride and decide they want to run their 3 day into an AP it would be prime time to make any increase with the least blowback.
                                There sure a lot going on this coming weekend......
                                and up the price when with everyone distracted is what Disney would want
                                specially with the New Attraction...( we see )....Interesting time
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                  If Disney does not raise prices this weekend, but instead delays the annual price increase a few months or raises only ancillary ticket prices such as 2-3-4-5 day tickets, do you think that would be a tacit acknowledgment that they have, for now, reached an equilibrium between prices and attendance?

Comment

If Disney does not raise prices this weekend, but instead delays the annual price increase a few months or raises only ancillary ticket prices such as 2-3-4-5 day tickets, do you think that would be a tacit acknowledgment that they have, for now, reached an equilibrium between prices and attendance?
                                    It may very well be.........

It's easy to think that they raise prices every year just because that's what they do but I suspect they actually put considerable thought into when and how much.

If they don't raise enough, they've left money on the table. If they raise too much too many people are priced out and they've again, lost money.

Comment

If I had to guess based on the Disneyland app update today (v5.8) price increases are coming very soon...

They added text to "expire" old tickets and allow you to update them to new ones for the price difference.
                                      They also changed the phrasing from day pricing to "seasons."

(x) = placeholder text that will be changed from the servers.

You can choose from (x) types of 1-Day theme park tickets. Tickets are priced by (x) seasons.
                                      Our 1-Day (x) tickets must be used by (x), but the amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price, so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket.

(x) validity dates continue to be added to the calendar from time to time, so please check back often. The dates assigned to each of these seasons and the number of days in each of these seasons may change from year to year.

Not valid for separately priced activities/events. No credit or refund will be given if a higher season ticket is used on a lower season date. Admission is subject to capacity closures and to other restrictions.
                                      A 1-Day (x) Ticket is valid for one admission to one theme park on any (x) season date.
                                      1-day ticket prices vary by date. The ticket will be valid for one single-day admission on the date you select or on any other date in the same or lower tier. For convenience, valid admission dates will be highlighted in the calendar once you select a date.
                                      Oh yeah, something else coming soon is booking Enchanting Extras via the mobile app (though it's not enabled yet I managed to get an image of it).

Attached Files
                                      Last edited by parrity1; 01-14-2020, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I think a price increase is coming but it may be small unless they see a huge surge starting this weekend then they may do it in parts like a $5 increase then follow it up in June by another $5-10 dollars on average per AP. I seem to remember several year prior to the 60th where they increase our passes very minimally like under $5 dollar increments. Then after the 60th and right before SWGE they got way cocky and bumped things up at a ridiculous rate it felt.

Comment

I am not 100% sure we will get a price increase this year. If you look at 2017 and 2018 on 12/27 and 12/28 for both years, the park actually closed the gates due to being at capacity. In 2019, they stopped selling tickets on 12/27, but from what I can tell they did not close the gates though I could be wrong. But this would mean there was not a repeat of 2017/2018 where the park hit capacity two days in a row. Couple this with the fact that attendance has been down due to over aggressive crowd control tactics for GE and the new SoCal tickets, they appear to be looking for ways to boost attendance and not turn it away with a price increase. They also will be looking to generate more revenue through the Enchanting Extras which is seen in the screenshot by parrity1 a few post above mine. Basically Disney will be adding more after hours special events, meet and greets, VIP tours that you can purchase along with what I am guessing to be new dining packages. Disney World has something similar in place right now, so I can see Disneyland doing the same thing.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X