Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
    How many Disneyland-like ventures were developed in communist China or Cuba or North Korea or Vietnam? Communism, in fact, has turned into one of history's epic fails.
    Funnily enough my wife and I just watched a video on YouTube not too long ago discussing the very brief history and closure of the Wanda Movie Park in China, a park created out of spite against Disney and their creation of the Shanghai Disney Resort built in an attempt to make sure Disney could not turn a profit in the region. One of the many insults they lobbed at Disney was their inability to create/innovate with new types of rides yet when the Wanda Movie Park opened it's small number of attractions featured many Disney clones (Soarin', TSMM, etc). Needless to say, it didn't work out so great for them over there.
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post

Is there hope? Possibly. I predict that certain divisions will have people be promoted from within (like Dave Filoni at Lucasfilm). Certainly some divisions such as Pixar still promote from within. For this to return at the parks, it's going to have to take a major catastrophe in order to shake up the whole product-driven philosophy. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen. Sorry to be pessimistic. I'm not a pessimist by nature. This is just the reality I see at the present time.
      Also, lot's of displaced and unappreciated talent is being quietly gobbled up and empowered by more appreciative and well-funded competitors...

Comment

Originally posted by Theme_Park_Insider View Post
        Also, lot's of displaced and unappreciated talent is being quietly gobbled up and empowered by more appreciative and well-funded competitors...
        Yep. The joke in town for the last 30 years has been "Disney trains the best talent its competition could ever want." They hire the best of the best, then frustrate the talent with legions of micromanaging executives.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yep. The joke in town for the last 30 years has been "Disney trains the best talent its competition could ever want." They hire the best of the best, then frustrate the talent with legions of micromanaging executives.
          Ain't that the truth!

Comment

It's been like Disney have become
            training ground ,
            for
            executives and talent for there
            Competition .
            Amazing
            ,I have to agree with that !
            Last edited by Eagleman; 01-08-2020, 03:34 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
              How many Disneyland-like ventures were developed in communist China or Cuba or North Korea or Vietnam? Communism, in fact, has turned into one of history's epic fails.
              Two actually. One in Hong Kong. And the other in Shanghai.

Ok, I'm being a smart aleck. I'll leave

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X