Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Place Closed to the General Public: Alfresco Tasting Terrace

Sad news everyone. As of January 7th, the Alfresco Tasting Terrace will now be exclusive to annual pass holders. This is one of my favorite locations in the parks and I always stop in for a few drinks when I visit. I’m really sad about this change.
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/din...ning_gmap_1243
    All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
    Trip Reports:
    From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

AP sales and renewals must be lagging for management to dangle this enticement -- that, and a pre-AP-price-increase gambit.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

This is saddening for me to hear as a brand new AP-er who never drinks. I feel like I am now somehow both stealing and wasting this location from Guests who would otherwise enjoy it. Hopefully sales drop enough for them to reverse course on the decision.
      "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
        This is saddening for me to hear as a brand new AP-er who never drinks. I feel like I am now somehow both stealing and wasting this location from Guests who would otherwise enjoy it. Hopefully sales drop enough for them to reverse course on the decision.
        I agree........
        I also see as
        pre-AP-price-increase gambit.

But find it being another SAD chapter
        the way this COMPANY is going....."O" well
        don't drink anyway....
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

They blew it when they closed the Vineyard Room.
          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
            They blew it when they closed the Vineyard Room.
            I agree ,,,for those guest ,who into California fine wine
            ( I one does not drink)
            But face the fact ......D C A is not really NOT
            California Theme

I also feel
            Disney
            policy "
            BLEW" it with the
            "dangle enticement".
            Last edited by Eagleman; 01-03-2020, 08:08 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Finally an exclusive perch at which to stare down upon the peasants.

Comment

I'm not a teetotaller, but the only time I've had a drink in the parks in my entire life is when a sommelier recommended a pairing with my dinner at Wine Country Trattoria. I am an AP and I hate the idea of closing an area off to the general public just to sell (arguably fewer) drinks to a smaller subset of guests. If Disney is trying to entice me with AP exclusives, they shouldn't turn it into a zero sum game. I don't understand this decision at all.

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if this new AP 'perk' presages an AP price increase in the not so distant future. Gotta make it worth their while, no?
                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                    Hmmm, wonder if this new AP 'perk' presages an AP price increase in the not so distant future. Gotta make it worth their while, no?
                    "In order to keep up with demand for our ever-increasing AP offerings, we are now increasing the price of a Signature Pass from $1200 to $2000. Free parking will now be a $500 add-on. We no longer offer AP magnets or pins due to increased labor costs. Do enjoy your 15% discount at our new restaurant that is reservation only, though!"

Comment

Is this a place people go to? I've been up there once ever. This sounds more like a way to advertise it exists.
                      Last edited by biggsworth; 01-04-2020, 03:48 PM.
                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      My company had a special night at the park
                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                        Is this a place people go to? I've been up there once ever. This sounfs more like a way to advertise it exists.
                        This is what I think too. It seems pretty dead there last I looked.
                        "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                          Is this a place people go to? I've been up there once ever. This sounds more like a way to advertise it exists.
                          Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post

This is what I think too. It seems pretty dead there last I looked.
                          It looks like Disney has done a great job in creating demand, but I wonder how many people are there "just to check it out" before never going back there. Some people are not happy about the change, but they seem to be fewer in number than those at the terrace.

How ironic is it that we are now paying tribute to the terribly themed heritage of DCA's Sunshine Plaza when it needed more than a billion dollars to fix?

Comment

It says AP holders can bring guests, so I'll gladly take any non passholder in if you grab me a drink too. It's a win/win!
                            My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

One of the signature drinks is named Drop In...If You Dare. Honestly I hope this is an omen of good things to come and not just a nod to the past (which I'm still slightly bitter about).
                              Last edited by IzzyInWonderland; 01-06-2020, 11:10 AM.

Facebook me!
                              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

It seems Disney is trying to entice those AP renewals. Catering to a valued customer segment.

Comment

IMO
                                  Disney is trying to entice those AP renewals- for soon there going be a "Price Hike" .
                                  I recall they did same last year !
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

"yet another"??? What does this make? Like two? No biggie.

Comment

It's really not that exciting up there. Over the last year I feel like it was often closed when I was nearby or half empty if I went upstairs. The theory about creating demand by making is faux-exclusive is on point. For relaxing with a nice drink, the bar downstairs at Carthay Circle is infinitely better anyway. Or there's Lamplight Lounge if you want to be outside.

Comment

this makes me sad... but not for the reasons everyone here has been listing. That location has been dead for a long a time and was this hidden gem if you knew about it. It was a location to get a drink from a full bar without having to wait in the long lines of the cove bar or the carthay lounge. This is totally a marketing to move to say "Hey this place exists!" I am not looking forward to the lines for this place now.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X