Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you are in the parks and seated near a celebrity......

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you are in the parks and seated near a celebrity......

We are two tables away from Dustysage. 😃
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Britney Spears and her sons at the DLH during summer of 2016. Ran into them often. Very nice and humble.

Comment

My wife and I are always surprised how often we see celebrities. We call it plaid spotting. lol! in the first week in Dec. we saw Jeff Bezos he had a plaid his kids and 3 of his own security detail but they were like 20' away from him so people were walking right by him and most people didn't;t even know who he was.
      Last edited by Starcade; 01-16-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

May 27, 1972 New Orleans Square Standing next to Hubert Humphrey while listening to the Royal Street Bachelors play "Muskrat Ramble". When they finished their set, he looked at me and said, "Terrific stuff."

This is the song (not from Disneyland) Ya gotta love this "stuff".
        Last edited by Laugh-O-Grams; 01-13-2020, 01:32 PM.
        We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
        The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

If you're in a natural situation next to a celeb just strike up a sincere conversation (not "OMG I'm your biggest fan!!!!"). If they want to carry on the conversation you'll be able to figure it out pretty quickly. You know, just like anyone else you happen to meet in a park atmosphere. They're just people.

Comment

^ Great advice.
            last trip me and the wife saw Billy Zane and his family. Didn’t chat though as he was busy dealing with his daughter.....

Comment

My daughter at her boyfriend saw Mila and Ashton in the Grand Californian and her boyfriend chatted Aston up like he was just another person in the park.....

Comment

Ran into Brent Spiner from Star Trek the Next Generation twice at Disneyland. (Once at the Disneyland Hotel, once in New Orleans Square). Spoke to him at the hotel. He was nice enough so I didn’t want to take too much time. At New Orleans Square he was with a plaid, and clearly didn’t want to be recognized.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I saw Mickey Mouse there, but the line was too long.
                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                    I saw Mickey Mouse there, but the line was too long.
                    I got lucky once on a trip in DCA, when the line was just forming, and only waited about 5 minutes.

Comment

Once we were at the park and LaDainian Tomlinson ( NFL player ) and his family were there and we ended up getting on the same three rides back to back just by happenstance. It was a slow day so even though he was getting on through the exit and we were in line we kept ending up on rides together. On the third ride we they were exiting a right behind us and I turned to him and joked "Ladainian are you following me??" he laughed and said " I am starting to feel like it" I told him that I enjoyed watching him play during his career and hoped he had a great time in the parks. He thanked me saying how much he appreciated that and hoped my family had a great day as well. Other then that we have never really interacted with any of the celebrity we often see as we feel not only are they people like us but their families deserve to have some privacy and go about their day regardless of the fame that they have.
                      Last edited by Starcade; 01-16-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Not in DL, but I was at an LA Kings practice one morning (about two years ago) and a fella next to me start asking questions about the team. The guy had a familiar face, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together right away. As the conversation continued I realized I was talking to Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block. As a child of the 80's and teen of the 90's I remembered their music and recall that group couldn't really go anywhere without being mobbed by the public. It was almost surreal to literally be shoulder to shoulder, talking to a member of that band that was so huge. I didn't bring anything up to him about NKOTB, and our conversation was strictly about the LA Kings.
                        Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Originally posted by coconutcrab
                          Interesting post. Since I am a celebrity, I notice this all the time. Thing is, some of us just don't want to have anything to do with people. We just want to relax and enjoy our DL adventure. Then, the rest of us realize that it is because of YOU that we are in the position we are in. We are very approachable. Please come over (politely) and we will be receptive to selfies or just a chat.
                          Hello coconutcrab. Since you invited us over, will you share who you are?

I have never seen a celebrity in Disneyland (Candlelight Processional excluded), but I've seen a few at Knotts. In the 90s I tended bar at a very popular spot that lots of celebs and athletes visited. The funniest encounter was Axel Rose trying to hide his face so people wouldn't recognize him. He only called more attention to himself and as he was seated next to Slash, it was pointless to hide anyway. I just took their order without fawning and didn't make eye contact with Axel since he obviously wanted to be left alone.
                          "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                            we have never really interacted with any of the celebrity we often see as we feel not only are they people like us but their families deserve to have some privacy and go about their day regardless of the fame of the they have.
                            I agree
                            That how I feel about celebrity...They are people to
                            and they deserve privacy and relaxation , like most us want .

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Well, on one visit, my daughter and I asked for a 1st row on Soarin’ Over California...before entering the 1st row queue, a group came in from a door and walked to the queue we were waiting for...after the group got into the queue, we were allowed to stand in the queue...one of the guest had on a pair of sunglasses and a hat, which led me to feel he was a celebrity of some sort...I heard him talk to another in the group and I kind of recognized the voice...it was Nicolas Cage...he was quite talkative to his guest...hard not to listen to his conversation but I tried my best not to...
                              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

I’ve been to DL so many times ... no doubt a few celebrities have probably crossed paths with me, and didn’t know they were a celebrity. Of course there are varying types of celebrities. I could come across someone who did one episode of Game of Thrones and wouldn’t recognise them. Or a reality tv show I’ve never watched ... and brush up against someone. Or a singer I’ve never heard of. Then ... if I ever came across someone like Kelsey Grammer (Frasier) .... or someone even bigger (films and tv) like Sally Field ... my legs would turn into jelly and have to recompose myself. And maybe just give a polite “hello” and respect their ‘space’ as I would with anyone around me - celeb or not.

I’m just finishing watching all of Game of Thrones within the last few months ... if I found myself in line with Emelia Clarke say Space Mountain ... my legs won’t turn into jelly ... I’d end up just collapsing right in front of her. 😝 I’d be doing more than “bend the knee” 🤣
                                MY SIGNATURE:
                                Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

A few weeks ago at Blue Bayou, I waited in the foyer with, and eventually sat at the table next to Rob Dyrdek and his family. We both arrived at the same time for lunch. Both of us asked to be seated by the water. I don't think anyone recognized him and I didn't indicate I did either. I nodded and said hello as I stood next to him. He nodded back but didn't seem too keen to interact with anyone, so I didn't continue to make any further attempt. He seemed busy enough with his kids anyway. I thought it was funny that I had a celebrity encounter at Blue Bayou but not at Club 33 (that I know of). I have to admit though, in most cases, I probably wouldn't recognize a celebrity in a casual situation anyway. I bumped into a man once, spoke to him briefly and was later asked by someone what it was like to talk to Sean Connery? I was shocked I hadn't recognized him, even with his strong accent!
                                  Last edited by JustSomeGuy; 01-16-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coconutcrab
                                    Interesting post. Since I am a celebrity, I notice this all the time. Thing is, some of us just don't want to have anything to do with people. We just want to relax and enjoy our DL adventure. Then, the rest of us realize that it is because of YOU that we are in the position we are in. We are very approachable. Please come over (politely) and we will be receptive to selfies or just a chat.
                                    With all respect to your claim of being a celebrity, you're not in a position to speak for other celebrities. Some celebs value their privacy and may not be "receptive to selfies or just a chat" when they're at Disneyland.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Geee - Imo........I just do not put great deal of attention on celebrities.

To the high visibility of celebrities' private lives, their successes and shortcomings are often made very public.
                                      like a Tabloid magazines and talk TV shows
                                      and I do not get in to
                                      Last edited by Eagleman; 01-16-2020, 08:40 PM.
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

My girlfriend and I built a lightsaber at Savi's with Jack Black and his son. Jack was the life of the party while we were waiting outside of Savi's, chatting everyone up. He had a big beard and a pretty grimy outfit so my girlfriend wasn't even sure it was him! The topic of discussion was definitely focused on what type of saber is best and what color crystal to choose.

Jack and his son were with some sort of group, looked to be another family (husband/wife + 2 boys), plus a Disney handler of some sort who was showing them where to go and things like that. Jack's son built the lightsaber and Jack looked pretty impressed by the whole experience, especially the surprise voice at the end! Was a pretty fun treat, though we didn't really talk to him beyond answering his question about type of lightsaber (my gf was building a red elemental nature to go with my blue peace and justice!). He seemed like a jolly guy.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X