Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
    What I've always wondered is, what about the harpsichord makes it so likely to break or need to be removed. Is there some access point behind or under it so it disappears where there's alot of maintenance and tuning going on?
    I doubt it needs to be "tuned." The sound comes from the soundtrack, not the instrument itself.

I also doubt that the keyboard motion was ever correct.

Finally, I've been told the instrument is actually a clavichord--not a harpsichord.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
      I doubt it needs to be "tuned." The sound comes from the soundtrack, not the instrument itself.

I also doubt that the keyboard motion was ever correct.

Finally, I've been told the instrument is actually a clavichord--not a harpsichord.
      Tuning in this sense referring to the components inside that allow it to move like a player piano, not legitimately playing as the sound the coming from it isn't what the keys are playing, as others have suggested. Just used to a multi usage term.

Comment

Is the model you're talking about the patio section infront if the cafe itself? Last I saw the area at night, around October, the patio's sparkplug lights and chamber order still goes in the correct order.
        I noticed this on our last visit!
        It's hard to track them but it sure seems to be the correct firing order!
        1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2
        I love noticing these types of details

Comment

Is the model you're talking about the patio section infront if the cafe itself? Last I saw the area at night, around October, the patio's sparkplug lights and chamber order still goes in the correct order.
          That's it!

Comment

Originally posted by CHL2T View Post

I noticed this on our last visit!
            It's hard to track them but it sure seems to be the correct firing order!
            1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2
            I love noticing these types of details
            Me too!!

Comment

Well
              I learning something new................
              sparkplug lights
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I was told by a POTC CM today the harpsichord was stolen by a maintenance employee. Maybe Westsider can confirm.

Comment

It's a rather strange coincidence that the prop that comes and goes frequently gets stolen. But I suppose it being moved around so much means it could disappear for a time without too many people really wondering

Comment

Today I learned the thing I just called a piano for almost 40 years is a harpsichord lol
                    "Have I gone mad?"
                    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post
                      I was told by a POTC CM today the harpsichord was stolen by a maintenance employee. Maybe Westsider can confirm.
                      ThIs seems like something that could easily be tracked down or at least the employee would be easily tracked down and brought up on charges. It would be like a member of the cleaning crew stealing a sculpture from museum, with all the cameras and records of who is where and when it seems like it would be quite to theist to steal this unless it was offsite and then stolen from offsite which also would means some heads would roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

ThIs seems like something that could easily be tracked down or at least the employee would be easily tracked down and brought up on charges. It would be like a member of the cleaning crew stealing a sculpture from museum, with all the cameras and records of who is where and when it seems like it would be quite to theist to steal this unless it was offsite and then stolen from offsite which also would means some heads would roll.
                        If this is true, and I doubt it is, it's well known and recovered.
                        Matt's 40th Birthday Disneyland Trip. Club 33, Napa Rose, and Adventureland Suite!!! ~~|~~ Katherine's 11th Birthday Dapper Day trip with Club 33 ~~|~~ Matt's Review of the Art of the Craft Tour at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~~|~~ My Spring, 2017 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Fall, 2016 Dapper Day and Club33 Trip Report ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Walt's LA tour with Bob Gurr and Marty Skylar ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Family Firsts Trip Report ~~|~~ Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report ~~|~~ World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party ~~|~~ My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club ~~|~~ My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2011 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

That's what I thought. Assuming the info is true, and I don't know why a CM would lie like that, wouldn't they be able to narrow down who took it and recover it? But obviously if someone did steal it, they must not have been able to recover it, at least not yet. In addition to the fact that I don't think a CM would come up with a lie like that, there appears to be no other reason for the long absence of the harpsichord. So theft, would seem the most likely and reasonable explanation.

Comment

So Buzzy is getting harpsichord lessons?

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
                              If this is true, and I doubt it is, it's well known and recovered.
                              I doubt it as well. The CM who reported it to hbdad may have been repeating a rumor that was born of Attractions' frustration with Maintenance.
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Still it take Disney , long time to replace it ............
                                How long has the harpsichord been missing ?
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I wonder if there was a spiel that was passed around about the harpsichord being stolen by marauders or thieves and over the days of people over hearing each other ( like the post office game as children ) while also being told it's out for maintenance it evolved into "Maintenance Stole It"

Comment

Could actually be missing but it also sounds like the theft conversation could have just been an attraction-specific joke that didn't land. Of course a maintenance worker "stole" it; it's a pirate ride, everything down there is "stolen."

I would like to see it back, though!

Comment

On the subject of theft, I saw this article and was reminded of this thread!

Ex-Disney Employee Who Stole $7,000 in Haunted Mansion Props Receives Sentence
                                      https://insidethemagic.net/2020/02/h...-sentence-tm1/

How heavy is the harpischord again? lol

Comment

The harpsichord is back!

https://youtu.be/Mfi90gExy_4?t=267

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X