Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to first day of ROTR! Who’s with me?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to first day of ROTR! Who’s with me?

Curious what people’s strategies are going to be for getting on board Friday. How early are you going to leave to be in the park by 8am? Also, is this week going to be more CM previews or soft opening? I’d kill for an AP preview. Any rumors?

While I won't be there Friday, I will be there the day after (the 18th). As far as plans go, we're just going to play it by ear. Get to the park at opening, scan in and hope for access to a boarding group. If things don't work out, my wife and I will just enjoy the other offerings of the park and try again another day. Good luck to you!
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Just by coincidence we are going to be there Friday and Saturday for NAMM staying at the DLH. We have now built in trying to get on ROTR to our plan lol. I have no plan on how to get on it except for standing in line early.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

All the power to you. I can't do the "first day" of anything if I want to enjoy it, but that is me. Have a great time.
        “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
        so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
        WDW Trips: '81
        EPCOT Trips: '93
        Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Good Luck, all you First-Dayers. And may the Force be with you!!
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I let my pass expire, so I'm going to sleep in the 17th. I might get a new one in several months when all the craziness is over. You guys have a great time!
            Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
            Mark Twain

Comment

We are going give it a week and then try and go at gate opening.

Comment

CM previews end tomorrow. Any clue what’s happening Weds and Thurs??

Comment

planning on going on the 18th, gettng there around 545am

Comment

We are going. Planning on being there at 6am. So excited for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor310 View Post
                      I let my pass expire, so I'm going to sleep in the 17th. I might get a new one in several months when all the craziness is over. You guys have a great time!
                      LOL ----I agree with you........
                      I can wait.....I sure the attraction going be around, for long time
                      and I do not need be the first .
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I’ll be there!! I’m planning on getting there at like 2-3am maybe a little excessive but i’m not trying to wake up early for nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AirBear550 View Post
                          I’ll be there!! I’m planning on getting there at like 2-3am maybe a little excessive but i’m not trying to wake up early for nothing!!!
                          I'm really concerned about getting past security so we can enter the park by 8am.

Comment

Originally posted by LD1984 View Post

I'm really concerned about getting past security so we can enter the park by 8am.
                            I’m a little more worried about scanning tickets. Like sometimes it just takes forever to get in. I mean it’s understandable though because the Cast Members have to take a photo of all the new guests (and they do a great job at goin as fast they can) but the process sometimes just doesn’t allow for many people to get in

Comment

So, on Sunday night it was looking like there would be a So Cal Storm on Thursday, and clearing up by late Thursday Night. But the latest model from this morning's news, indicates that the Rain will start in Anaheim at around 8:00 PM Thursday night, and continue through to 9:00 AM Friday Morning. The main part passing between Midnight & 6:00 AM. Unfortunately there's almost 3 days for it to slow further, which would have a direct impact on Friday morning. I suppose that would likely lessen the crowds, but make it a little more miserable for those who show up early.

Comment

Originally posted by AirBear550 View Post
                                I was planning on doing the same thing.

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post
                                So, on Sunday night it was looking like there would be a So Cal Storm on Thursday, and clearing up by late Thursday Night. But the latest model from this morning's news, indicates that the Rain will start in Anaheim at around 8:00 PM Thursday night, and continue through to 9:00 AM Friday Morning. The main part passing between Midnight & 6:00 AM. Unfortunately there's almost 3 days for it to slow further, which would have a direct impact on Friday morning. I suppose that would likely lessen the crowds, but make it a little more miserable for those who show up early.
                                This is worrying...

Comment

Originally posted by LD1984 View Post
                                  CM previews end tomorrow. Any clue what’s happening Weds and Thurs??
                                  They will be working the kinks out. Ride was out for 2 hours yesterday. I'll be there on Friday! Early. Zzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

LOL ----I agree with you........
                                    I can wait.....I sure the attraction going be around, for long time
                                    and I do not need be the first .
                                    For me, it's not about getting to go on it first. Believe it or not, it's the adventure of it all. I rarely do these first day openings, but it sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be documenting it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

I was planning on doing the same thing.

This is worrying...
                                      Just looked at the weather hour by hour on Friday. No rain from 4am - park closing. So that's good.

Comment

When does the Mickey and Friends parking lot open up? I'll probably just go there when that opens and then wait in line til the park opens and take my chances.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X