Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cantina Rules after ROTR opens

Due to GE, being slow to get off the ground, and Smugglers Run, not wowing the audiences as they had hoped, logic points to the idea that the Ogas Cantina is the currently the most popular attraction in GE. My question is, after ROTR opens, will the Cantina rules of 2 drinks and 45 min be lifted as it will no longer be the main interest in GE? It seems like having a place to chill out will be nice with all the madness happening in GE? Any thoughts or WDW experiences would be nice, this also raises the question, will SR continue to operate with no Max Pass?

Probably not since alcohol is not available everywhere in DL like at DHS. Speaking of WDW, while the Cantina is popular its more about the experience less about the drinks so to speak. Whereas in DL its about the experience AND the alcohol. In Florida you can get spiked blue/green milk (which make them MUCH better IMO). ROTR will pull a lot of ppl away from other attractions once open but the Cantina will continue to be popular for the novelty and the drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post
      Due to GE, being slow to get off the ground, and Smugglers Run, not wowing the audiences as they had hoped, logic points to the idea that the Ogas Cantina is the currently the most popular attraction in GE. My question is, after ROTR opens, will the Cantina rules of 2 drinks and 45 min be lifted as it will no longer be the main interest in GE? It seems like having a place to chill out will be nice with all the madness happening in GE? Any thoughts or WDW experiences would be nice, this also raises the question, will SR continue to operate with no Max Pass?
      Last time I was in the Cantina I was able to order three drinks and was offered a fourth. I was in there for almost two hours. I think being at the bar top makes a huge difference in the experience. I've been at a table and it was one and done.

Comment

If they were really interested in cutting down the crowds for Oga’s, they would get rid of the alcohol. That’s the main draw at Disneyland. Of course they want it as crowded as possible, so the alcohol isn’t going anywhere.
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
          If they were really interested in cutting down the crowds for Oga’s, they would get rid of the alcohol. That’s the main draw at Disneyland. Of course they want it as crowded as possible, so the alcohol isn’t going anywhere.
          What they really want is the $$$$$$$ they're making from the alcohol sales.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

What they really want is the $$$$$$$ they're making from the alcohol sales.
            Exactly
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

The big question is wheter they will relax back alcohol options, so guests can buy and consume outside of the cantina, but only in GE's perimeter. While some may not like this option, it would increase sales and decrease demand for the cantina.

To add to the latter question, Maxpass will likely be coming sooner than later, as ROTR is officially opening tomorrow. I could see them doing a test launch in spring, in time for the 1 year anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                The big question is wheter they will relax back alcohol options, so guests can buy and consume outside of the cantina, but only in GE's perimeter. While some may not like this option, it would increase sales and decrease demand for the cantina.
                I think that one's highly doubtful, as it would require them to staff CMs at the SWGE entrances to keep an eye on everyone's cups.

The ACTUAL big question is how long they wait until adding alcohol to the table-service restaurants throughout the park. This happened at MK a few years ago and hasn't been an issue, and it seems inevitable here. Long before Disneyland is selling boozy blue milk at a kiosk, I think they'll be selling "real" mint juleps at the Blue Bayou.

Comment

Disneyland will be selling alcohol all over the place in a few years just like Disney World. No way the greedy mouse is going to leave all that money on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by mandelbrot View Post

Last time I was in the Cantina I was able to order three drinks and was offered a fourth. I was in there for almost two hours. I think being at the bar top makes a huge difference in the experience. I've been at a table and it was one and done.
                    Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching, sir, would you like to overpay for one more drink?

Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                      Disneyland will be selling alcohol all over the place in a few years just like Disney World. No way the greedy mouse is going to leave all that money on the table.
                      At WDW, booze is freely available everywhere except Magic Kingdom. In MK, you can get beer and wine (no liquor) in table-service restaurants only.

Given that, that's why I think the logical next step for Anaheim is to add booze to the Blue Bayou/Cafe Orleans/etc menus.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatAndoski View Post

At WDW, booze is freely available everywhere except Magic Kingdom. In MK, you can get beer and wine (no liquor) in table-service restaurants only.

Given that, that's why I think the logical next step for Anaheim is to add booze to the Blue Bayou/Cafe Orleans/etc menus.
                        It might start there or Cafe Orleans but it will be everywhere else shortly thereafter. Too much money for the Bobs to look the other way. Sadly, they don't care if it becomes a zoo of drunks like food and wine at Epcot. Its always about the dollars, first and foremost.

Comment

Well I just learned something. Selling of alcohol WITHIN Disneyland now! Not sure I like that idea. What’s next? Sales of it throughout the whole park?? Drunk guests start becoming a problem... but Disney allows it because the almighty dollar is more important. A channel I’ll be tuning in, in future threads.
                          MY SIGNATURE:
                          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by mandelbrot View Post

This is more or less what I experienced back in July when I went. My GF and I got a place at the bar top and got 2 rounds and then surprisingly the bartender asked if we wanted a 3rd. We were pleasantly surprised but also confused and told her we had heard it was a 2 drinks only max. She smiled and said, "It's okay, don't worry about that, I can give you a 3rd round." We also were under the impression you could only be in there 45 minutes, but we ended up being in there for a solid 60-70 minutes. I will say we were there on a weekday in mid July and the crowds were non-existent that week, so maybe that also helped.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                              It might start there or Cafe Orleans but it will be everywhere else shortly thereafter. Too much money for the Bobs to look the other way. Sadly, they don't care if it becomes a zoo of drunks like food and wine at Epcot. Its always about the dollars, first and foremost.
                              Alcohol sales have been wide open in DCA for 19 years, and drunk guests haven't become a widespread problem. I spent a LOT of nights at the Mad T Party drinking a LOT of sugary long islands, and never saw the place devolve to a "zoo of drunks."

If it is such a foregone conclusion that booze will be sold widely across Disneyland, why isn't it already being sold across the park? I see it happening eventually, but the fact that it hasn't already happened has to mean something, right? We are now 8 months into daily operation of the cantina; if they were THAT hungry to expand booze sales to elsewhere in the park, don't you think they would have by now?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatAndoski View Post

The ACTUAL big question is how long they wait until adding alcohol to the table-service restaurants throughout the park.
                                While I like the way Disneyland is now, if we needed to have alcohol added to the park (besides GE) then I think this would be the most acceptable way. They could limit the number of drinks customers have, and if they try to bypass it by going to a different restaurant then they'll be paying for another meal too.

I'm very much against customers carrying around (and potentially spilling) beer/wine/margaritas/etc around the park. When I go to places like Seaworld now, it feels so tacky.

Comment

I don't think they are in any hurry to add booze to DL. Since DCA lacks traffic and has plenty of eateries, I'm sure they are happy to drive this type of customer there.

The Cantina would just have been kind of dumb to not have alcohol.
                                  "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X