Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it’s really just the west coast version of DHS.

Comment

Hello DCA 3.0! Just keeps getting better for me every year. Guardians is so much cooler than the old boomer IP. Can’t wait for Avangers campus to replace that cheap kiddie bug land and for them to eventually replace the Hollywood Backlot and adventure trail.

Comment

I have passes and we only end up going to DCA once out of every 5 visits. It’s not that there isn’t anything that we want to do, there’s just so much to do at Disneyland and it’s always so crowded we end up taking the entire day. I think most people feel this way and want to experience Disneyland first and treat DCA as the second day experience.

Comment

Originally posted by eicarr View Post
          Hello DCA 3.0! Just keeps getting better for me every year. Guardians is so much cooler than the old boomer IP. Can’t wait for Avangers campus to replace that cheap kiddie bug land and for them to eventually replace the Hollywood Backlot and adventure trail.
          What should they rename the park after the erase half of the "California" themes?

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

What should they rename the park after the erase half of the "California" themes?
            DPA: Disney Partial Adventure!

Comment

With things like Pixar Pier being a slap dash version of Toy Story Land from WDW, adding Avengers stuff... I feel like they may as well rename DCA to Disney Hollywood Studios West or something.
              "Have I gone mad?"
              "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by eicarr View Post
                Guardians is so much cooler than the old boomer IP.
                I'm not a boomer, but by this logic would you like a majority of Disneyland to be replaced? I mean, Mickey Mouse is an IP that even predates boomers so he should have been gone a long time ago We could turn both parks basically into only 1990s-and-later IPs.

Comment

inside out, is more loud than fun....

CA adventure has a couple really great attractions
                  some very nice shopping and good food variety
                  a nice series of shows and events...
                  Turtle talk with crush is fun... we loved Aladdin

used to be we only entered CA when the lines at Disney were too long... or, for a couple attractions then back to Disneyland
                  now, we spend more time there

(isn't it time to refurbish Tow Mater?)

I love Monsters Inc, if only Ariel had the same immersive environment....
                  RSR, TSM... Soaring (though, preferred soaring over CA, flying into towers and birds seems gimmicky, something Soaring over CA surpassed)

Bugs land, was charming... but the Disney side, still offers more attractions

maybe in years to come there will be more of the quality of Monsters, TSM and RSR

Comment

Still waiting for the next phase of 2012 revamp where Hollywood is layered up (along with the enclosed Hyperion Theater and RocknRollerCoaster), Paradise Pier is further embellished in boardwalks and period architecture, the Country Bears come to Grizzly Peak, etc. That park was starting to work...

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                      Still waiting for the next phase of 2012 revamp where Hollywood is layered up (along with the enclosed Hyperion Theater and RocknRollerCoaster), Paradise Pier is further embellished in boardwalks and period architecture, the Country Bears come to Grizzly Peak, etc. That park was starting to work...
                      Couldn't agree more! Was starting to feel like a true Disney park with quality and charm. HOWEVER, sometimes we have to realize that we might be the minority. Kids today are into trendy, and trendy means $$$. As a business you can't blame Disney. It's cheap to overlay existing rides, gets more crowds in the park (which means more $$$) and is free advertisement. As sad as I am that all rides will be IP based and that CA will never again have a full park theme, at least the ride experiences are still fun. We can't deny that the guardians experience is better than TOT was. The theme isn't but the ride is.
                      I do miss rides like Big thunder, Space mountain etc, they drew more to the imagination.
                      I just wish we could have a mix like Disney Sea seems to get.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X