X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n2drhorton
    replied
    Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
    Still waiting for the next phase of 2012 revamp where Hollywood is layered up (along with the enclosed Hyperion Theater and RocknRollerCoaster), Paradise Pier is further embellished in boardwalks and period architecture, the Country Bears come to Grizzly Peak, etc. That park was starting to work...
    Couldn't agree more! Was starting to feel like a true Disney park with quality and charm. HOWEVER, sometimes we have to realize that we might be the minority. Kids today are into trendy, and trendy means $$$. As a business you can't blame Disney. It's cheap to overlay existing rides, gets more crowds in the park (which means more $$$) and is free advertisement. As sad as I am that all rides will be IP based and that CA will never again have a full park theme, at least the ride experiences are still fun. We can't deny that the guardians experience is better than TOT was. The theme isn't but the ride is.
    I do miss rides like Big thunder, Space mountain etc, they drew more to the imagination.
    I just wish we could have a mix like Disney Sea seems to get.

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied
    Still waiting for the next phase of 2012 revamp where Hollywood is layered up (along with the enclosed Hyperion Theater and RocknRollerCoaster), Paradise Pier is further embellished in boardwalks and period architecture, the Country Bears come to Grizzly Peak, etc. That park was starting to work...

Leave a comment:

• GwenRowan
    replied
    inside out, is more loud than fun....

CA adventure has a couple really great attractions
    some very nice shopping and good food variety
    a nice series of shows and events...
    Turtle talk with crush is fun... we loved Aladdin

used to be we only entered CA when the lines at Disney were too long... or, for a couple attractions then back to Disneyland
    now, we spend more time there

(isn't it time to refurbish Tow Mater?)

I love Monsters Inc, if only Ariel had the same immersive environment....
    RSR, TSM... Soaring (though, preferred soaring over CA, flying into towers and birds seems gimmicky, something Soaring over CA surpassed)

Bugs land, was charming... but the Disney side, still offers more attractions

maybe in years to come there will be more of the quality of Monsters, TSM and RSR

Leave a comment:

• wlc
    replied
    Originally posted by eicarr View Post
    Guardians is so much cooler than the old boomer IP.
    I'm not a boomer, but by this logic would you like a majority of Disneyland to be replaced? I mean, Mickey Mouse is an IP that even predates boomers so he should have been gone a long time ago We could turn both parks basically into only 1990s-and-later IPs.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySpaceAce
    replied
    With things like Pixar Pier being a slap dash version of Toy Story Land from WDW, adding Avengers stuff... I feel like they may as well rename DCA to Disney Hollywood Studios West or something.

Leave a comment:

• C. Andrew Nelson
    replied
    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

What should they rename the park after the erase half of the "California" themes?
    DPA: Disney Partial Adventure!

Leave a comment:

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied
    Originally posted by eicarr View Post
    Hello DCA 3.0! Just keeps getting better for me every year. Guardians is so much cooler than the old boomer IP. Can’t wait for Avangers campus to replace that cheap kiddie bug land and for them to eventually replace the Hollywood Backlot and adventure trail.
    What should they rename the park after the erase half of the "California" themes?

Leave a comment:

• Zanadros
    replied
    I have passes and we only end up going to DCA once out of every 5 visits. It’s not that there isn’t anything that we want to do, there’s just so much to do at Disneyland and it’s always so crowded we end up taking the entire day. I think most people feel this way and want to experience Disneyland first and treat DCA as the second day experience.

Leave a comment:

• eicarr
    replied
    Hello DCA 3.0! Just keeps getting better for me every year. Guardians is so much cooler than the old boomer IP. Can’t wait for Avangers campus to replace that cheap kiddie bug land and for them to eventually replace the Hollywood Backlot and adventure trail.

Leave a comment:

• Mastersarge
    replied
    Well, it’s really just the west coast version of DHS.

Leave a comment:

• Flarson
    replied
    While I also loved the concept of the California when Walt arrived, unfortunately people under appreciate the art that was included. That said I love the GotG ride, and can understand that Pixar pier is what kids can comprehend, not a time that is almost 100 years before they were born. I guess I view it as enter the park like how Walt started, (and please keep it that way), but that from there go off into lands of imagination and Storytelling that Walt Disney embodied.

Leave a comment:

• rld275501
    replied
    Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
    I have not been since the change to Pixar Pier. What music are they playing now in that area? I really liked the old pier side music. It was like being in Boardwalk Empire but family friendly.
    They are playing music from Pixar films, such as "Touch the Sky" from Brave, and "Down to Earth" from Wall--E, and finally, You've got a friend in me." Those are all I really hear.

Leave a comment:

• brian11811
    replied
    I have not been since the change to Pixar Pier. What music are they playing now in that area? I really liked the old pier side music. It was like being in Boardwalk Empire but family friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Disney California Adventure
    Park being use, as Marking tool and a Bill Board !
    imo

Leave a comment:

• rld275501
    replied
    Originally posted by Quentin View Post

I think they’re talking about how the vision for DCA 2.0 laid out in the 2012 redo has been abandoned. With guardians of the galaxy replacing tower of terror, Pixar pier replacing paradise pier etc.
    yes, you are correct. Pixar Pier honestly reminds me of a DCA 1.0 style fix. I like to call present DCA, DCA 1.5

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Originally posted by Theme_Park_Insider View Post
    I really like DCA, it's got the best food out of the two, by far. Just drop "California" and call it "Disney Adventure Park" or whatever. Why does everything have to be themed within an inch of its life?
    Oddly enough, Disney had a kid magazine in the 90s-00 called Disney Adventures.

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied
    I remember when DCA meant Don't Come Again.

Leave a comment:

• Theme_Park_Insider
    replied
    I really like DCA, it's got the best food out of the two, by far. Just drop "California" and call it "Disney Adventure Park" or whatever. Why does everything have to be themed within an inch of its life?

Leave a comment:

• DisneyPilot
    replied
    Meanwhile I love DCA.

HATED the park when it first opened..,still did nothing for me during the 2.0 transition...now thoroughly enjoy what it has become and is becoming just as much as Disneyland Park.

To each their own.

Leave a comment:

• MRaymond
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
    D C A = has become BRANDLAND.......amusement park
    With Pixar and Marvel, I've been calling it AcquisitionLand for a long time.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X