This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Pier Ideas

How would improve Paradise Pier, what attractions would you add, characters, etc.?

But keep in mind it must keep to the new theme of Victorian Era.

Re: Paradise Pier Ideas

No so sure it is a new theme, but I have a hard time with a Boardwalk that lacks a decent coaster (sorry I wanted either an actual woody, or an excellent replica of one. I realize the footprint required would be tremendous, and the cost of upkeep daunting, but Screamin' looks to me like a half a$$ version of either steel or wood.) a swinging ship (WDI could have a virtual field day with this... think Pete Magic dragon! Malificent, Mulan... they have some options here) and bumper cars (I don't care about Bug's... I want actual bumper cars). While they're at it bring the carousel out from the corner and do something about the ferris wheel (looks extremely modern). Most of this has been written before but this is a rehash.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I want a classic Funhouse and when I though victorian era themepark I thought of one of those big slides

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
        I want a classic Funhouse and when I though Victorian era themepark I thought of one of those big slides
        Originally posted by techskip View Post

If they built a slide like this I would crap myself with happiness! Bamboo Slide circa 1920's
        http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ruz-73518.html
        Thought you might like this because it shows the giant slide that was at the Pike. It also has a rather extensive list of what I would love to see at Paradise Pier. Pictures are buried within the thread.

sigpic

Comment

I also suggest they have one of those Fortune Teller Machines like in the movie BIG

Comment

How would improve Paradise Pier, what attractions would you add, characters, etc.?

But keep in mind it must keep to the new theme of Victorian Era.
            It can't be done. Can't get there from here.

Sometimes somethings are so wrong you just have to start over.
            A new overall idea. That is being done to the entry of DCA.
            And it desperately needs to be done in this area that proves
            imagineering was brain dead during it's conception.

With the whole carney thrown away, now you can build ANYTHING,
            after all, ANYTHING would have been better.

Little Mermaid would be a Great Theme ~ build ideas upon what they
            already did at Tokoyo Disney Seas. Tokoyo Disney Seas has several
            amazing "lands" next to water, and EPCOT has Several different
            countries next to water. SO DCA CERTAINLY deserves something
            better than that lame theme paradise pier has (victorian or not).
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

sorry it's so small, I didn't expect that :shy:

Comment

Wow, where do we begin? To even start with fixing Paradise Pier you need to toss the things that shouldn't be there to begin with. A clean slate if you will.

So here some thoughts:

-Ariel's Grotto, Catch a Flave, Treasures shop need to go-- ok before everyone jumps on my back, I love the cove bar. But the entire place is really really ugly and serves as a poor entrance to Paradise Pier. They need to redo all of this so it's not an eyesore. Bring the restaurant / bar concept but in a more attractive way.

-CA Screamin -- the queue definitely needs work. One that reflects a funhouse would be fun. Two attractions in one!

-King Triton's Caroussel is really out of place and in a really poor spot. People need to be able to walk around a caroussel and enjoy it from all angles. It just seems to be tucked in the corner as an afterthought. Either move it where more can appreciate it or just take it out completely.

-Maliboomer... either retheme it or take it out.

-Sun Wheel can stay, but it needs a better queue that makes sense.

-Boardwalk games -- remove.

-Orange Stinger -- remove

-S.S. Rustworthy -- remove

-Mulholland Madness -- retheme, enclose.

-Pizza Oom Mow Mow -- redo

-Burger Invasion -- remove

-Sunglasses -- remove

-Jumpin Jellyfish -- remove

-Golden Zephyr -- remove

That's all for now. Personally, Paradise Pier shouldn't be as big of a land as they made it out to be. It should be from CA Screamin all the way to the Sun Wheel. And throw in the space where Ariel's Grotto is in too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                  It can't be done. Can't get there from here.

Sometimes somethings are so wrong you just have to start over.
                  A new overall idea. That is being done to the entry of DCA.
                  And it desperately needs to be done in this area that proves
                  imagineering was brain dead during it's conception.

With the whole carney thrown away, now you can build ANYTHING,
                  after all, ANYTHING would have been better.

Little Mermaid would be a Great Theme ~ build ideas upon what they
                  already did at Tokoyo Disney Seas. Tokoyo Disney Seas has several
                  amazing "lands" next to water, and EPCOT has Several different
                  countries next to water. SO DCA CERTAINLY deserves something
                  better than that lame theme paradise pier has (victorian or not).
                  I don't know if just giving up would be the right answer. I do agree that it was poorly executed, and needs major renovations. If done correctly it could be a lot of fun, have a centralized theme that carries throughout the land, and be unique to DCA instead of a watered down version from another park.

sigpic

Comment

Themed Cast Members and Characters would be a plus too

Comment

a swinging ship (WDI could have a virtual field day with this... think Pete Magic dragon! Malificent, Mulan... they have some options here)
                      Ahhh, Swingin' Mushu would have been awesome (and we'd finally have some Mulan presence in the parks).
                      Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                      : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Themed Cast Members and Characters would be a plus too
                        Like... in Victorian clothing?
                        I think the women would have some problems operating in all that clothing.

I think the orange stinger needs to GO.
                        Everyone in my family loves it, it takes forever to do the spinny thing, I can't even watch it let alone ride it.

Stupid motion sickness.

I think that they should do something with that water. It's kinda... bland.
                        Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

I love the funhouse idea, and think it would be a perfect fit. The problem with the boardwalk theme is in its simplistic attractions from the real world. The midway games, potato bag slide, and what not. It would be nice to see imagineering put a new spin on these classic attractions, like a potato bag slide that does turns as well instead of just having small bumps going down. Stuff of that nature, could be good. What would really put it over the top is the constant theme and immersion of all the details to transport you back in time to that era.
                          You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

yes the orange stingerr needs to go. and something else could be put with calfornia screamin. i heard they have talked about turning it into a villain coaster. would be kinda cool.
                            http://www.myspace.com/SexyFirecrotch27
                            http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=flameboy2727

Comment

I don't know if just giving up would be the right answer. I do agree that it was poorly executed, and needs major renovations. If done correctly it could be a lot of fun, have a centralized theme that carries throughout the land, and be unique to DCA instead of a watered down version from another park.

watered down, ah- hahahaha.

but really, since major renovation is necessary, and so many
                              people agree that the vast majority of attractions need to go,
                              it really would be wiser to start over. Any ONE of the Epcot
                              countries is vastly more interesting and intriguing than the pier,
                              and certainly ANYTHING the quality of Disney Sea and removing
                              the cheap tacky carney theme would be just as important as the
                              rebuilt entrance. Pressler's paradise pier needs to go.
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Not sure if that was meant as sarcasm or agreement, but I take it as agreement.

but really, since major renovation is necessary, and so many people agree that the vast majority of attractions need to go,
                                it really would be wiser to start over.
                                You mean QUIT. It would be easier to QUIT then to be truly original and creative by working within the established theme already set in place. I agree it would be easier to QUIT, but then you are denying the public of a unique Californian experience.
                                Any ONE of the Epcot countries is vastly more interesting and intriguing than the pier, and certainly ANYTHING the quality of Disney Sea and removing the cheap tacky carney theme would be just as important as the rebuilt entrance.
                                I do not doubt that, even though I have never been to either park I am convinced that most additions to DCA will be viewed as vast improvements. However, I hate cloning. I was shocked, and in a way hurt, that the 50th BDay presents for Disneyland were both FLORIDA knock-offs. This relates to the QUIT comment from earlier. Instead of striving to be creative and truly original, Disney settled for what was already established and popular. Sorry, I just felt a little cheated then, and would feel equally cheated now if the decision was made to replace the Pier with similar knock-off cloned attractions from other parks.
                                Pressler's paradise pier needs to go.
                                renovated, reinvigorated, redeveloped, re-themed, but not removed. Make it a unique CALIFORNIA experience, not a reminder of other Disney parks.

sigpic

Comment

but really, since major renovation is necessary, and so many
                                  people agree that the vast majority of attractions need to go,
                                  it really would be wiser to start over. Any ONE of the Epcot
                                  countries is vastly more interesting and intriguing than the pier,
                                  and certainly ANYTHING the quality of Disney Sea and removing
                                  the cheap tacky carney theme would be just as important as the
                                  rebuilt entrance. Pressler's paradise pier needs to go.
                                  No, Pressler's Paradise Pier does not need to go - but it does need to be reworked into something worthy of the name. Paul Pressler built DCA deliberately on the cheap to gain favor from Michael Eisner, and it showed from day one. Walt was a showman who knew what it took to please the public, and Michael and Paul just didn't and don't get it. And they probably never will.

And dropping in "New!!" clones of Florida exhibits, rides or shows (or vice-versa as with Soarin') will not be any real and lasting improvement - they are tweaking Toy Story Midway Mania enough to make it different, but they really have to stop making all the new rides blatant carbon copies of something they've already done. We've long ago figured that one out.

A good original ride or show will be noticed - and it doesn't really need to have a movie tie-in, but it sure seems like Imagineering can't get the project signed off by the Board without one.

--<< Bruce >>--
                                  There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                                    And dropping in "New!!" clones of Florida exhibits, rides or shows (or vice-versa as with Soarin') will not be any real and lasting improvement - they are tweaking Toy Story Midway Mania enough to make it different, but they really have to stop making all the new rides blatant carbon copies of something they've already done. We've long ago figured that one out.

A good original ride or show will be noticed - and it doesn't really need to have a movie tie-in, but it sure seems like Imagineering can't get the project signed off by the Board without one.

--<< Bruce >>--
                                    My thoughts exactly. Another ironic thought. For Walt's 100th BDay Disneyland gave buttons to it's CM's... while WDW had an actual parade!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                                      I think that they should do something with that water. It's kinda... bland.
                                      They need Hippos, Pirate Swords, Guns, and Pixar characters... that would do it!

sigpic

Comment

I would like to see more aged things, I agree with most previous ideas:

No so sure it is a new theme, but I have a hard time with a Boardwalk that lacks a decent coaster (sorry I wanted either an actual woody, or an excellent replica of one. I realize the footprint required would be tremendous, and the cost of upkeep daunting, but Screamin' looks to me like a half a$$ version of either steel or wood.) a swinging ship (WDI could have a virtual field day with this... think Pete Magic dragon! Malificent, Mulan... they have some options here) and bumper cars (I don't care about Bug's... I want actual bumper cars). While they're at it bring the carousel out from the corner and do something about the ferris wheel (looks extremely modern). Most of this has been written before but this is a rehash.

I want a classic Funhouse and when I though victorian era themepark I thought of one of those big slides
                                        Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post

sorry it's so small, I didn't expect that :shy:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X