Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Crowds tomorrow

Hi everyone, frequent lurker/rare poster here. I'm conducting a musical this weekend in Thousand Oaks and was thinking about taking tomorrow to come down to Disneyland (ubering). Not intending to ride Rise of the Resistance necessarily - just planning on coming down and spending the day in DL and/or DCA.

Wondering if any locals have insight as to what the crowds might be like, barring the boarding group situation for ROTR? Thanks much!

I would avoid it. Seriously. Grand opening of ROTT + the largest annual convention going on across the street = chaos. I’d recommend something else if I were you.

Comment

I heard from someone at the park today that security is expecting it to be crazy tomorrow. They are keeping the plaza open all night till it fills up then they will close it and let people from the streets in after the plaza starts to go into the parks. Always expect for the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
        I would avoid it. Seriously. Grand opening of ROTT + the largest annual convention going on across the street = chaos. I’d recommend something else if I were you.
        I AGREE.......and I one going to stay away , from the whole area........
        I also expecting the 5 freeway , in that area - likely also be a Mess !
        Last edited by Eagleman; 01-16-2020, 07:22 PM.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by apolowy View Post
          I heard from someone at the park today that security is expecting it to be crazy tomorrow. They are keeping the plaza open all night till it fills up then they will close it and let people from the streets in after the plaza starts to go into the parks. Always expect for the worst.
          How about this Saturday? We have reservations at Carnation Cafe at 8:10AM. What time do you think we will need to be at the parking lot to ensure we can make our reservation slot?

Rope drop is at 8AM this Saturday, right? Does anyone know when they will start letting people into Main Street?

This is actually kind of stressing me out a bit...
          Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Are you trying to ride rise? I know I'm going to walk over from my hotel around 430 am 5am to get in line sonic can get in the park early and try to get a boarding pass for rise. But if you just enjoying the park not trying to ride rise show up 30- 60 mins early to the parklot. To prepare for parking lot traffic and gate traffic expect the park to be packed for a while till people figure out the schedule for the boarding pass.

Comment

Originally posted by apolowy View Post
              Are you trying to ride rise? I know I'm going to walk over from my hotel around 430 am 5am to get in line sonic can get in the park early and try to get a boarding pass for rise. But if you just enjoying the park not trying to ride rise show up 30- 60 mins early to the parklot. To prepare for parking lot traffic and gate traffic expect the park to be packed for a while till people figure out the schedule for the boarding pass.
              I don’t think it matters how early you are as long as you are inside the park at 8am when the park opens. The app allows everyone in the park the same chance to join a boarding group at that time, regardless how long they were waiting on property. My reservation is at 8:10am, so I do need to be inside the park by 8am anyway. Of course I will probably try to join a boarding group if I am on time for my reservation. Why not, right? But my concern is that I won’t be able to be on time for my reservation.

I guess we are going to have to be at Mickey and Friends pretty early.
              Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X