Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Awards and Recognition

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 15, 2020) – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the largest single-themed land expansion in Disney history and is already proving wildly popular as guests live their own Star Wars adventures in a galaxy far, far away. Guests join a climactic battle between the Resistance and the First Order in Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and take control of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. And while exploring this expansive new land, they can sample galactic food and drink, enter an intriguing collection of merchant shops and encounter some of their favorite Star Wars characters.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has been recognized by several prestigious organizations for excellence in design and execution.
    • Academy Award-winning® composer John Williams was nominated for a Grammy by The Recording Academy in the Best Instrumental Composition category for “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Symphonic Suite.”
    • The land earned two Thea Awards from the Themed Entertainment Association. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge won Outstanding Achievement – New Park Land, and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run won Outstanding Achievement – Attraction.
    • The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions honored the land with three Brass Rings during its annual awards gala in November. Savi’s Workshop won for Best Hard Good Item; Droid Depot won for Best Visual Merchandising; and the lovable Porg won for Best Plush Item.
    • The Toy Association nominated the Custom Astromech Units in Droid Depot for 2020 Creative Toy of the Year. These buildable droids were inspired, in part, by young Anakin Skywalker tinkering with C-3PO in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.”
    • Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was named to TIME’s list of World’s Greatest Places 2019, recognizing destinations that are breaking new ground and leading industry trends.

These accolades and awards speak to an entirely new kind of Disney experience happening every day inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

--------------------------------

"prestigious"...right.
    Last edited by Jar.Jar.Abrams; 01-18-2020, 07:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
    * Statistics is the art of never having to say you’re wrong.

* 99.9% of people involved in auto accidents ate carrots within 60-days before the accident.

* Among people born in 1839 who later dined on carrots, there has been a 100% mortality rate.

I would personally like to award Galaxy's Edge my own 'Nothing Burger' award.

Comment

Agree with all three "Brass Rings". Absolutely love my Savi's Workshop Lightsaber (still bring it with me) and building/playing with the droid has been a blast. Still haven't decided what personality chip I want to install into it but I did find an excel sheet online of all bluetooth points in the land that will cause your droid to react, which is neat. Finally, I just love Porgs in general and have a not-so-healthy amount of them around the house and the Galaxy's Edge iteration is probably my favorite because it's a hybrid puppet/plush.

It's not mentioned but I've also really been enjoying the Holocron's since I picked one up last weekend and the collector in me wants to obtain/trade Kyber Crystals for all the possible Jedi/Sith voices I can. In particular, I discovered one of the possible Green Kyber Crystals you can pull turns your Holocron into a "Yoda 8 Ball" where you can ask it a question and get a response from Yoda, which not only sounds like fun but will help my wife and I when we are feeling indecisive about where to eat in the parks, haha!

In all, I love what the land has to offer (I especially love that they went "out there" with the ambitious concept of canon-izing the land itself) but feel like where they really killed it is with the merchandising, even if the price point of entry is a little bit high (but you still get what you pay for.. other custom sabers online will offer you less for more money). I guess I just fall into the perfect category for it.
      "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

LOL 😝
        It’s easy to win awards with THEA and IAPPA when there’s diddly competition! It’s a small industry, with very few new projects that sprout up year to year.

Is there a Moon Zappa “barf out” gif somewhere??

and is already proving wildly popular as guests live their own Star Wars adventures in a galaxy far, far away.
        So wildly popular ... the complete lack of crowds in the first several months of opening were just figments of our imaginations!

But go on Disney with your exaggerations and LIES. I’ll keep laughing at you!
        Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 01-17-2020, 03:01 PM.
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

The credibility of "industry awards" for Star Wars Land and the Millennium Falcon ride (especially Time Magazine's placement of Star Wars Land on its list of the "100 Best Places in the World to Visit") was debunked in this thread and this one.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 01-17-2020, 03:29 PM.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            The credibility of awards for Star Wars Land and the Millennium Falcon ride (especially Time Magazine's placement of Star Wars Land on its list of the "100 Best Places in the World to Visit") was debunked in this thread and this one.

How many times ?
            I seen awards for Star Wars Land , on the computer news
            over and over.......for months LOL
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

How many times ?
              As time goes on, people become smarter and see through the phony publicity companies try.

* side note: Notice how ads have people with smiley, happy faces within the ads? I’m sure I’m not the only one who notices this! Middle 20th century would have been a golden age for it. It’s to suggest us mindless commoners need happy faces to —convince— (and poof pieces in Internet media!!) to get us to buy whatever they are trying to peddle!

MY SIGNATURE:
              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

As time goes on, people become smarter and see through the phony publicity companies try.

* side note: Notice how ads have people with smiley, happy faces within the ads? I’m sure I’m not the only one who notices this! Middle 20th century would have been a golden age for it. It’s to suggest us mindless commoners need happy faces to —convince— (and poof pieces in Internet media!!) to get us to buy whatever they are trying to peddle!
                Don't trust Happy Faces ?
                (I laughing) yep...need happy faces to sale !
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

How many times ?
                  I think that’s because it’s an impressive land

Comment

The land of lost opportunities.

Comment

I haven’t been on rise yet but the land itself is still dull to me. If you don’t want to spend money , there isn’t much to do, which is odd for such a LARGE land.

Plus, to me, it’s really ugly and still very static.

Maybe rise will wash over all this. Hopefully.

Comment

Disneyland win the award for largest price increase,last year..... .....

( Geeeeee , I now have hit 30000
                        Posts about that )
                        Last edited by Eagleman; 01-18-2020, 04:53 PM.
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X