Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back up Boarding Groups at 8:02

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by Quentin View Post

    Looks like once all the groups are called they just close the ride for the day. Today that happened at 10pm. Two hours before park closing. Seems kinda ridiculous.
    So it’s better to over promise and under deliver?

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post

      So it’s better to over promise and under deliver?
      No, they could’ve opened it up to standby or allowed more backup boarding groups to be reserved for the last two hours.
      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by Quentin View Post

        No, they could’ve opened it up to standby or allowed more backup boarding groups to be reserved for the last two hours.
        It’s a guessing game on how much they can deliver when it comes to boarding groups. There are many days WDW doesn’t complete back up boarding. This is best case, can’t get how that would be better. Then if you just open the queue and it breaks down with thousands you have guests that are even more disappointed. No win. Deal

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by Quentin View Post

          Looks like once all the groups are called they just close the ride for the day. Today that happened at 10pm. Two hours before park closing. Seems kinda ridiculous.
          The last boarding group admitted was 114. I was group 125. I went to City Hall( where there was surprisingly no line) and was told that there was nothing they could do to compensate. It turns out that they had to cancel groups 1-24. I tried nice to the City Hall cast member, and didn't hold him accountable. I'm a passholder, and can come back on another day and try again,

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post
            So it’s better to over promise and under deliver?
            "Over promise and under deliver" was Iger & Chapek's M.O. on Star Wars Land. Why would anything be different now? "Charge more and deliver less" has been woven into TDA's DNA for years -- along with an obvious lack of respect for their customers.
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

            - Walt Disney

            "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

            "It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

              "Over promise and under deliver" was Iger & Chapek's M.O. on Star Wars Land. Why would anything be different now? "Charge more and deliver less" has been woven into TDA's DNA for years -- along with an obvious lack of respect for their customers.
              Figured you’d chime in with something like that !

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post

                The last boarding group admitted was 114. I was group 125. I went to City Hall( where there was surprisingly no line) and was told that there was nothing they could do to compensate. It turns out that they had to cancel groups 1-24. I tried nice to the City Hall cast member, and didn't hold him accountable. I'm a passholder, and can come back on another day and try again,
                You went to City Hall to complain about something that was explicitly stated that you might not get on? I get being disappointed but you clearly knew that could happen.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post
                  You went to City Hall to complain about something that was explicitly stated that you might not get on? I get being disappointed but you clearly knew that could happen.
                  It's sad how much defense of Disney management is predicated on blaming the customers.

                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

                  - Walt Disney

                  "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

                  "It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                    It's sad how much defense of Disney management is predicated on blaming the customers.
                    How am I wrong? Is it not explicitly stated that back up boarding groups may not get on? Please answer without trying to spin. Yes or no?

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      How do you refresh the Disneyland app besides closing and opening it?

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        The app says boarding has concluded. 1 hour before park closing???
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

                        DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                          The app says boarding has concluded. 1 hour before park closing???
                          They stopped just before 10pm
                          Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post

                            You went to City Hall to complain about something that was explicitly stated that you might not get on? I get being disappointed but you clearly knew that could happen.
                            No. I wouldn't describe it as "complaining". I just went there to ask if there was anything they could do to compensate. Something as simple as a "recovery" pass to get on the ride at a later date, for instance. I have every right to do that. I didn't raise my voice, didn't shove my Premiere Pass in anyone's face, and most importantly, I made sure not to direct anything negative at the hard working person behind the counter. Is that okay with you?

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post

                              No. I wouldn't describe it as "complaining". I just went there to ask if there was anything they could do to compensate. Something as simple as a "recovery" pass to get on the ride at a later date, for instance. I have every right to do that. I didn't raise my voice, didn't shove my Premiere Pass in anyone's face, and most importantly, I made sure not to direct anything negative at the hard working person behind the counter. Is that okay with you?
                              Doesn’t need to be ok with me. You can do whatever you’d like. I just personally wouldn’t try to get anything at all knowing I was in a backup group that explicitly stated I may not get to board.

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                So if you don't have a cell phone, can you go on it at all?

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Is there lines in the esplanade this morning?

                                  Here’s hoping the passes last longer than 60 seconds today.

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    The lines are not bad, at 7am they were all the way back to DCA but there are only like 10 lines and someone is directing traffic in between, it’s going fast and very smoothly.

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Originally posted by MychaelP View Post
                                      I find it stupid that they do boarding groups. Why do they let Radiator Springs get to almost 4 hour waits at times of extreme crowds. Why not let people get in a standby line if they want to and paid almost $150? I'm personally waiting a few months, but not sure why they would not want large lines. At least let people who are huge fans decide if they want to wait or not. Could still do fastpass for early morning arrivals easily
                                      ANd also the Queue line is not that long to support a 4+ hour wait. Maybe 2 hours. Boarding groups are the way to go right now. It will die down eventually. Once all the APers have ridden it.
                                      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        I did not sweat the ROTR action today? does anyone know how long the confirmed boarding groups were open? And how long the backups stayed available ! Would like to track daily in this thread as many people will be looking to go in the coming days! Better then the 120 seconds like yesterday? How is the ride performing so far today in the first hour? Has boarding started for today? Or is it 9 am?

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post
                                          I did not sweat the ROTR action today? does anyone know how long the confirmed boarding groups were open? And how long the backups stayed available ! Would like to track daily in this thread as many people will be looking to go in the coming days! Better then the 120 seconds like yesterday? How is the ride performing so far today in the first hour? Has boarding started for today? Or is it 9 am?
                                          Looks like boarding started a little before 8:30, and passes were gone about as quickly today.

                                          https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/at...theresistance/
                                          Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X