Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quentin View Post

No, they could’ve opened it up to standby or allowed more backup boarding groups to be reserved for the last two hours.
    Here is what I see happening if that happens, and feel free to tell me if I am wrong, the park gets flooded with mostly APs that hang out in Galaxys edge waiting for the boarding passes to run out and then the line extends to 4 to 6 hours and then the workers at the ride, security, first aid, gate, city hall don't get to leave till 4am, and have to come back for another shift the next day.
    And that is if everything goes well. Ride breaks down an hour after close and there are 2000 in line being told to leave is a social media nightmare. Disney has so much logistics to deal with behind the scenes that it is mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by pyttius View Post
      Forgive me if this was already asked and answered (I’m playing catch-up on my break), but why did they wait to go live with the boarding passes at 8am? Seems like it would have been fair to let those that waited all night get into the app as their tickets were scanned into the park. Just about everyone knows how much this ride goes down, why not just give boarding passes with all of them having the disclaimer that a boarding group will not guarantee access to the attraction?
      How would that be fair you ask? If one could not get there so early to camp out, then why should they be denied a spot?

The whole process was fair. It was fairly clear you did not need to get there at midnight as one person on Twitter did and wound up in like group 105. DL advised you had to be in the park at 8. There is no right way to do it, but this process was good. And for anyone saying they didn't know, DL had many extra cast members out in the park in the morning answering any and all questions regarding the app and how it would work. They even passed out papers that said what to do.

I appreciate Guest Relations sticking to their guns and not giving anyone anything for not getting on the ride. It is the same if you showed up for let's say Indy, and it was down all day. Are they expected to compensate you in any way. NO!!!
      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

I immediately attempted to join a boarding group at 8am, and I got group 62. At 12:30, they are boarding group 37, so I am confident that we will be able to ride. According to the app, groups higher than 75 are standby.

FYI, the park is otherwise not crowded, and we have done basically every other major ride already and had a nice breakfast. And, I actually feel the red green milk is pretty decent. My wife hated it.
        Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
          And for anyone saying they didn't know, DL had many extra cast members out in the park in the morning answering any and all questions regarding the app and how it would work. They even passed out papers that said what to do.
          I can confirm this is true. Cast Members were out in force all morning (even roaming at 5:30am when we arrived), talking to Guests, handing out pamphlets and explaining in detail what needed to be done in order to secure the ability to ride.
          "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

This morning we walked into the park at 7:50 am and got boarding group 6 at 8 am. What's crazy was the line at City Hall extended all the way to the front gates shortly after.
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

What’s the boarding pass situation today? Any live updates

Comment

Originally posted by disneyland55 View Post
                Seen pictures online of the lines to get in today. I'd assume they went fast again.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post

Doesn’t need to be ok with me. You can do whatever you’d like. I just personally wouldn’t try to get anything at all knowing I was in a backup group that explicitly stated I may not get to board.
                  It becomes a little more understandable when the ride just kinda stops letting people in and empties out two hours before park closing. I always thought it was weird at Studios, too.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMetroid567 View Post

It becomes a little more understandable when the ride just kinda stops letting people in and empties out two hours before park closing. I always thought it was weird at Studios, too.
                    Well in that scenario all of the backup boarding groups have been called so that argument doesn’t even work because the person would have gotten on.

Comment

The thrill-data.com graph shows regular and backup boarding groups filling up instantly at 8 AM. Haven't seen any confirmation, but I've been following the situation in Florida on their pages and their system has been rather accurate.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/at...theresistance/

Comment

Well in that scenario all of the backup boarding groups have been called so that argument doesn’t even work because the person would have gotten on.
                        This is false. 9oldmen was group 125, and they called group 114 before closing the attraction 2 hours before park closing. It says that right in his first post. All the backup boarding groups were not called, and they closed the ride early. They even canceled the first 24 groups.

If I were them, I would just keep the ride open from 10pm to closing for any groups that were canceled. The fact that the ride can't handle crowds bigger than WDW's version tells me that the extra month and a half of prep time did not make any difference in the ride operation.

Comment

No, I mean at DHS we would stop calling boarding groups at right around 2 hours before park close even if there were remaining backup boarding groups. One time we even stopped calling groups like 3 hours before a 10pm park close. So the ride was empty save for the few people who still needed to redeem their boarding groups.

I think the mentality is that you're guaranteed a 2 hour window, and by calling a guest with under 2 hours till close, your full window is cut short. I can't imagine a guest would actually complain about that though. Then again, it would suck to get called to a boarding group with less than 30 minutes until park close and not make it in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

It's sad how much defense of Disney management is predicated on blaming the customers.
                            Wouldn't you be scared of retaliation if they were signing your paychecks? He personally knows of a leaker who was fired. If Disney knows who he is, he's probably terrified of losing his job if he's doing anything less than offering unrelenting praise.

Comment

All boarding groups and backup groups were gone within about a minute.

From the looks of things, they were calling group 29 from 10:30 to 12:30pm. Not a good sign for anyone beyond group 90, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flarson View Post

Here is what I see happening if that happens, and feel free to tell me if I am wrong, the park gets flooded with mostly APs that hang out in Galaxys edge waiting for the boarding passes to run out and then the line extends to 4 to 6 hours and then the workers at the ride, security, first aid, gate, city hall don't get to leave till 4am, and have to come back for another shift the next day.
                                And that is if everything goes well. Ride breaks down an hour after close and there are 2000 in line being told to leave is a social media nightmare. Disney has so much logistics to deal with behind the scenes that it is mind boggling.
                                That's exactly what would happen if these boarding groups weren't a thing.

Comment

Boarding groups moving very slowly today.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                  NYE 2011 trip report
                                  Leap year 24 hour report
                                  New DCA trip report
                                  NYE 2012
                                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Call it a month ago

There will be some very happy guest........
                                    and There will Many "tick off" guest, with this attraction as well
                                    Disney App
                                    Boarding System !
                                    IMO
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                                      Call it a month ago

There will be some very happy guest........
                                      and There will Many "tick off" guest, with this attraction as well
                                      Disney App
                                      Boarding System !
                                      IMO
                                      You could say the same thing of any process they put in place lol. If it were just a normal queue you’d get people that would like that and then people that would have preferred a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMetroid567 View Post

No, I mean at DHS we would stop calling boarding groups at right around 2 hours before park close even if there were remaining backup boarding groups. One time we even stopped calling groups like 3 hours before a 10pm park close. So the ride was empty save for the few people who still needed to redeem their boarding groups.

I think the mentality is that you're guaranteed a 2 hour window, and by calling a guest with under 2 hours till close, your full window is cut short. I can't imagine a guest would actually complain about that though. Then again, it would suck to get called to a boarding group with less than 30 minutes until park close and not make it in time.
                                        Oh I see. Seems to be what is happening here seeing when they have stopped the last two days.
                                        Last edited by Yamamoto364; 01-19-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Wouldn't you be scared of retaliation if they were signing your paychecks? He personally knows of a leaker who was fired. If Disney knows who he is, he's probably terrified of losing his job if he's doing anything less than offering unrelenting praise.
                                          Except for the fact that I don’t give them unrelenting praise. There have been many things I don’t care for.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X