Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boarding system is really slow today, the worst out of the last 3 days, it’s already 7pm and they’re barely on 64, there’s like 120 groups. Yesterday I was group 53 and I was notified at 1:45pm
    Last edited by MAC1986; 01-19-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

The ride had to have broken down at least three times today. It was stalled at group 27, 29, and 64 for more than an hour for each instance. When the ride is moving at a healthy pace it can accommodate 12-16 new boarding groups per hour. Today it has been averaging 6.

Comment

It looks like group 81 only is boarding now precisely the last group today. Confirmed looks like the attraction had a rough day.
        Last edited by biggsworth; 01-19-2020, 08:45 PM.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Did the ride close for the day? It’s not showing any groups under boarding now?

Also I would like to discuss the best place to stand in the AM based on people who have played and what they have experienced. The LA times article from Saturday morning explained a group of girls who claimed to have found a cell tower to improve their chance of getting in.

Is the Optimal strategy to stage on the putter edge of the brim and wait for 8 AM, or could we even go to the extent of scanning in and then leaving the park and getting away from the resort entirely just to reserve the group? Possibly the Starbucks WiFi on Katella? I just can’t imagine being on Main Street with thousands of others is the best way to play this.

All thoughts appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post

Also I would like to discuss the best place to stand in the AM based on people who have played and what they have experienced. The LA times article from Saturday morning explained a group of girls who claimed to have found a cell tower to improve their chance of getting in.

Is the Optimal strategy to stage on the putter edge of the brim and wait for 8 AM, or could we even go to the extent of scanning in and then leaving the park and getting away from the resort entirely just to reserve the group? Possibly the Starbucks WiFi on Katella? I just can’t imagine being on Main Street with thousands of others is the best way to play this.

All thoughts appreciated
            We were on Main Street both mornings and got BG 12 & 6 I'd say it's all luck.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

Rise was open for a total of five and a half hours on Sunday, for a total of eleven and a half hours of downtime on an 08:00 to 24:00 park operation.

Last BG called was 81 an hour before the fireworks and then the ride was closed for the night and handed off to Facilities so they can try and get at least 9 hours of work done. The ride system is a beast and not cooperating with Facilities.

City Hall was UGLY pretty much all day. Friends in the Hall said Guest Relations management was totally unprepared for this weekend.

This website sums it up each day in graph format. https://www.thrill-data.com/graph/result

Comment

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post

All thoughts appreciated
                Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

We were on Main Street both mornings and got BG 12 & 6 I'd say it's all luck.
                I have no idea how cell towers work, but if they're carrier-specific you might happen to have the best one! I saw someone who said their phone had better/faster connectivity over by the Matterhorn area. I think as long as you're out in the open and not obstructed by buildings or walls, your chances are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Sadly, that's as predicted. No surprise there.

No surprise as well the number of people who continue to deny reality and insist that "it's a great success."
                  We rode on Saturday.

My family enjoyed it. Disney has moved the bar. It’s ambitious and they have largely succeeded in what they set out to do creatively. Some of the practical effects, like Laser blasts, could have been better. And some of the animatronics looked a bit fake and lifeless (like the scene with the legion of storm troopers and Kylo Ren at the end.). But, mostly, we did get the sense we were on a starship in the middle of the action. The preshow was very well done and convincing as was the exit to Batuu. I agree that the ride itself was a success. I’m glad we got up at the crack of dawn to ride it.

That said, it will be a while before we attempt to ride it again. Too much hassle. Too stressful. We are huge Disney and Starwars fans. And local passholders. I wouldn’t recommend this this to most people, yet. Nobody should plan a vacation around this ride. Assume that you will not get on, and will enjoy the rest of the park relatively uncrowded. If that’s not enough reason to visit the park, then please consider waiting until Disney works the bugs out and the crowds die down enough that even folks arriving after ropedrop still have a chance to ride.

Who knows when that will be...
                  Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post
                    animatronics looked a bit fake and lifeless (like the scene with the legion of storm troopers and Kylo Ren at the end.).
                    I was actually very surprised by that, in particular the last Kylo Ren. When the piece of the ship drops down in front of him, it seems like he stops moving before it falls. Out of all the time and money they spent on this, I don't know why they couldn't have added maybe 2 seconds to his animation to make it not appear like he suddenly stops waving his arms.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

I have no idea how cell towers work, but if they're carrier-specific you might happen to have the best one! I saw someone who said their phone had better/faster connectivity over by the Matterhorn area. I think as long as you're out in the open and not obstructed by buildings or walls, your chances are better.
                      Disney uses ATT. If that’s you’re carrier your phone will work best.

Comment

Is it best to have the app open on the ROTR page or does it not refresh automatically at 8? would that make it better to be on the main page and then click on the ROTR page right at 8 to then select "join boarding group"?
                        Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by wlc View Post

I was actually very surprised by that, in particular the last Kylo Ren. When the piece of the ship drops down in front of him, it seems like he stops moving before it falls. Out of all the time and money they spent on this, I don't know why they couldn't have added maybe 2 seconds to his animation to make it not appear like he suddenly stops waving his arms.
                          Right. And I was expecting that the "legion of stormtrooper" towards the beginning would be moving a bit to show some life, but while I was watching them I didn't notice any motion. Unless it was so subtle I didn't catch it.

Nitpicking. Overall, it was still a great experience. And the ride has "good bones." I'll bet it's going to improve over time. As will Galaxy's Edge. If Disney is willing to keep investing to make it so.
                          Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Once one is successful in obtaining a Boarding Pass for Rise, what is the actual Boarding Pass? Is it your park ticket? Is it a special Boarding Pass QR code on your phone?

Does your whole party have to enter Rise at the same time, or can a party of 4 split up, as long as they each enter Rise during the 2 hour window?

And once the hype dies down and Boarding Passes are available past park opening, will one be able to obtain a Boarding Pass for Rise, with a Park Hooper, after entering DCA as their first park?

Comment

It's a scan bar on your phone and all the tickets are linked there. They are 4 sperate tickets. Not sure if you need to be together and no idea about DCA entry.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

Comment

Today both parks open at 9:00. Can one get a boarding pass for Rise, after entering DCA with a park hopper as their first park of the day?
                                Last edited by Chadanooga; 01-21-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I looked at the app at 9:02 am and the boarding groups were gone already. I am guessing they were gone in a minute again? one thing of note they are actually starting off with boarding group 1 at least and at gate opening it appears. Cutoff is BG 71 today.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                  NYE 2011 trip report
                                  Leap year 24 hour report
                                  New DCA trip report
                                  NYE 2012
                                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                                    I looked at the app at 9:02 am and the boarding groups were gone already. I am guessing they were gone in a minute again? one thing of note they are actually starting off with boarding group 1 at least and at gate opening it appears. Cutoff is BG 71 today.
                                    AMAZING -again "Gone Already".
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I’m not sure if they made it passed normal Boarding Group #71 today (Wed). Ride broke down for 4+ hours been 1:30-6pm.

Comment

I'd love to know what is causing a 4-hour or longer breakdown. My guess is that something physically breaks, necessitating a practical repair of some sort. I would think (and admittedly this is only a guess), that a sensor blip or some sort of show timing issue would cause the ride to shut down for safety purposes. Evacuate the guests (maybe), then a minimal amount of downtime would be required to reboot any software that needed to reboot, reset positions of the ride vehicles, etc. Cycle everything through once or twice, reopen to cheers and excitement of guests in line, and then you're ready to go. Hardly a 4-hour ordeal.

This happened often on Splash during its first year or so. Something would cause a log-position sensor to send an erroneous signal to the computer that a log wasn't where it was supposed to be. The ride would shut down, sometimes an evacuation was needed (sometimes not). If there was an evacuation, the ride would cycle through a bit, then would reopen. Usually, it was down for hours only if something physically broke.

Comment

• I was there talking to employees during the 4 hour failure and they said that it had an unexpected domino effect of failures. They kept trying to reboot part of the ride and it would fail after brief tests. They had to a major powerdown of the whole system and restart parts of it indepently afterwards. Its amazing this ride works at all. So many things have to occur in unision.
                                          Last edited by iAMiRONMAN; 01-23-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X