Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Most reliable ride?

With Rise of Resistance unofficially joining the the club of attractions with consistent breakdowns(Space Mountain, Golden Zephyr, Indiana Jones, to name a few), this makes me wonder, which Disneyland or DCA rides are the complete opposite, where they experience very few breakdowns?

I'm aware that anything in the resort can easily have issues or breakdown. And this is not meant to be a snide jab at ROTR. I'm just wondering what attractions run the smoothest?

Do the canoes count?

You would think it would be a simple Fantasyland dark ride, but I've been evacuated from Pinocchio's, believe it or not. Even Winnie the Pooh breakdowns are more common than I would guess based on my own experiences. Golden Zephyr consistently breaks down though? I don't even know how that happens.

I'm going to place my bet on King Arthur's Carousel, followed closely by Dumbo. I have never once heard of any of those rides going down unintentionally (that is, other than for refurbishment or fireworks).

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
      With Rise of Resistance unofficially joining the the club of attractions with consistent breakdowns(Space Mountain, Golden Zephyr, Indiana Jones, to name a few), this makes me wonder, which Disneyland or DCA rides are the complete opposite, where they experience very few breakdowns?
      Golden Zephyr doesn't break down often. It closes when it gets too windy to run (which happens often). Ditto for Tea Party and rain.

It's a Small World is VERY reliable. I can't recall ever seeing it shut down unexpectedly.

Autopia's pretty bulletproof. Mark Twain, Columbia, Jungle Cruise, Buzz, Mansion.

Guardians and MFSR are both highly reliable in the sense that they have triple- or quad-redundant ride systems, so it's hard for the whole attraction to go down.

Comment

I think the canoes would count.

Main Street horsecars?

Rides with multiple independently-powered vehicles: Storybook Land Canal Boats; Disneyland Railroad; Autopia; Tom Sawyer Island Rafts...

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
          That depends on what period of DLR history you're talking about. Before the Pressler regime's budget cutbacks, Space Mountain, to cite just one example, didn't have consistent breakdowns. CM staffing was further reduced in response to last summer's under-performance of Star Wars Land.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Anecdotally, I have found these fairly consistent (namely I have not often or even never have encountered not being able to ride these due to an unscheduled breakdown):
            Pirates
            HM
            All of the Fantasyland dark rides/small rides
            IASW
            DLRR
            Star Tours
            The river boats
            Jungle Cruise
            APs
            Burning Cabin
            Splash Mountain
            Star Wars
            Fantasy Faire
            Smoking
            Pirates
            Souvenir Popcorn Buckets, apparently.

Happiness is not letting these things consume you. A close second is seeing it consume others.

Comment

Might want to sort by category. It would be a challenge for something like Dumbo to be matched up against BTMRR for example.
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

I'd say the Sword and the Stone attraction, but they had to close down all of Fantasyland once after I was able to pull it out...

Comment

Canal boats.

I've been walked off Alice, and in line for both PP and Snow White when they went down. Was going to go on Pinnochio last week when guests came streaming out of the entrance saying it was down, and it still was an hour later.

I was also in line for the JC recently when it seemed to go down. A 15 minute line turned into 40, and they came over the announcements cracking jokes, then ultimately annoucing a delay. When the boats restarted, there were just 3, all stacked up. After they all launched, there was a wait until they returned. I could then see both the boat in front of us, and the one behind during the actual voyage, and we were stuck at Trader Sam with the one behind waiting to unload a long time. It was at night, so was actually kinda cool.

Omnimovers seem pretty reliable, but I don't have any first person info.
                  Last edited by greenalfonzo; 01-20-2020, 02:06 PM.
                  "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by GreatAndoski View Post

It's a Small World is VERY reliable. I can't recall ever seeing it shut down unexpectedly.

Mark Twain, Buzz, Mansion.

I would have agreed on all of these until the last two years. In the last two years we've personally experienced the following:

- I have been on IASW when the ride was stopped for 15 minutes while they added more water. We just stopped and after about 5 minutes at least they turned the music off.

- We were on Mark Twain when it broke down we were just on our way out and and were about inline with HM when they stopped for 5 min. then we reversed back into port.

- We've gone to HM only to be turned away due to a ride closure with no known time on when it would be ip agin. ( it was up about 90 min. later.)

- We have seen Buzz broken down about 2-3 times over this time as well but since my wife and are not fans and our kids are only middle it wasn't a big deal and actually a welcome occurrence.

The one ride I have never seen down ( though I am sure it happens ) is the Canal Boats.

Last edited by Starcade; 01-22-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

These post have been very interesting!

While I have never been evac off a ride, the notable rides that have flat out stop for several minutes was HM and IASW.

I also remember waiting in the loading area of Space. My family almost made it to the end of the line, when the ride stop.

Comment

Canoes are pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatAndoski View Post

funny you say that, our last trip right after New Years we were in line for Small World and noticed only one side was running. As we got near our boat we heard maintenance say they were looking for a baby shoe with a bell that fell in the water. We got on our boat and they shut the ride down just a couple of boats behind us, we were able to finish our ride. It was closed for at least the next hour.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyKrayzie View Post

funny you say that, our last trip right after New Years we were in line for Small World and noticed only one side was running. As we got near our boat we heard maintenance say they were looking for a baby shoe with a bell that fell in the water. We got on our boat and they shut the ride down just a couple of boats behind us, we were able to finish our ride. It was closed for at least the next hour.
                            That's pretty amazing service, if it was shut down for just the shoe. You'd think they'd just wait until after it closes for the night, then courtesy mail it. Not like a baby could wear a wet shoe. But I guess one of the main causes of shut downs is dropped items.

We've had two cases of toddler shoes lost in the water. Both times due to little feet stuck through fence bars around the moat. Not on rides, fortunately. The CMs seemed very practiced with retrieval techniques.
                            "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Disney Princess Fantasy Faire is broken down every time we pass by. We were even evacuated once. Kidding

Comment

Tarzans Treehouse seems pretty reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerDiz View Post
                                  Canoes are pretty solid.
                                  Canoes are pretty reliable , as long they do not tip over~"'~lol
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                                    Tarzans Treehouse seems pretty reliable.
                                    And yet: Tarzan’s Treehouse at Disneyland Closed Indefinitely Due to Broken Bridge from Guest Jumping

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard once about Jungle Cruise breaking down.

Comment

The Trains are very reliable. Also I've never seen Monsters Inc broken down. I would have said Haunted Mansion a few years ago but the past couple of years it has been having more and extended down time. And not just for loading and unloading the disabled. I was on it in October 2018 and we had to walk off the ride. But it wasn't abad experience by any means.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X