Are they letting in people before 8am now?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iAMiRONMAN
    Im just not the hero type
    • Jun 2019

• bluesolarflare
    MiceChatter
    • Sep 2016

Dont believe so. Boarding groups today started getting called after 9am

Comment

• iAMiRONMAN
      • Jun 2019

I thought they were opening the front gates before 8am? Was that just an opening weekend thing?

Comment

• bluesolarflare
        MiceChatter
        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
        I thought they were opening the front gates before 8am? Was that just an opening weekend thing?
        They are allowing people onto Main Street before 8am. Areas are roped off as usual before the park opens. This is to allow people to get scanned into the park so that they can attempt to get a boarding group when the virtual queue opens up at park opening.

Comment

• biggsworth
          MiceChatter
          • Apr 2009

Today should be interesting since the park opens at 9.
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
            Beach Expert
            • Sep 2006

Kids are back in school today. People are at work. I will be surprised if boarding passes are not available for most of the day.

Comment

• bigcatrik
              MiceChatter
              • May 2012

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              Kids are back in school today. People are at work. I will be surprised if boarding passes are not available for most of the day.
              Gone almost instantly again today.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/at...theresistance/

Comment

• TimJohn47
                New MiceChatter
                • Mar 2019

I just checked the app at 9:07 and the attraction had already reached capacity for the day. Unless that is the standard answer given if one is outside the park, it seems almost suspicious that on a school/work day the ride is already full for the entire day less than 10 minutes into the day. Suspicious in that capacity might be purposefully cut down considerably to try and hobble through the day with as much uptime as possible?

Comment

• Blurr
                  Fastest Bot in the Galaxy
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by TimJohn47 View Post
                  I just checked the app at 9:07 and the attraction had already reached capacity for the day. Unless that is the standard answer given if one is outside the park, it seems almost suspicious that on a school/work day the ride is already full for the entire day less than 10 minutes into the day. Suspicious in that capacity might be purposefully cut down considerably to try and hobble through the day with as much uptime as possible?
                  While it's true they are probably running at lower capacity, it's also worth pointing out that today the park is only open for 12 hours instead of 16, which means there were probably less boarding groups offered today than say, yesterday to begin with.

Comment

• CMARSH
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post

Gone almost instantly again today.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/at...theresistance/
                    I'm confused...where on that link does it detail boarding group reservations capacity? I'm sure you're right, I just don't see where you're pulling that from on the thrill-data website. Thanks.

Comment

• TimJohn47
                      New MiceChatter
                      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Blurr View Post

While it's true they are probably running at lower capacity, it's also worth pointing out that today the park is only open for 12 hours instead of 16, which means there were probably less boarding groups offered today than say, yesterday to begin with.
                      True, and I get that. That would assume that without the boarding groups, a real line would be 12 hours? That's where the head scratching comes into play. Is the ride really so popular and only able to handle such a low capacity that it's really a 12-hour wait on a school/work day? Maybe so. I guess it can be argued that if you factor in all the down time for Splash and Indy during their first few days/weeks of operation, a very limited number of people were actually able to ride. It just didn't seem like it since waiting in line back then meant actually waiting in line, and you could always get in line unless the attraction was down.

Comment

• bigcatrik
                        MiceChatter
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by CMARSH View Post
                        I'm confused...where on that link does it detail boarding group reservations capacity? I'm sure you're right, I just don't see where you're pulling that from on the thrill-data website. Thanks.
                        The second chart down the page labeled "Rise of the Resistance Group Selection" shows a green dot for posted park opening time, a yellow dot for when the Guaranteed Boarding Groups are filled and a red dot for when the Backing Boarding Groups are closed. If you hover over a dot it pops up the details, but since everything has been happening almost instantly you have to zoom in (press the fourth icon down the right side of the chart to enable it) to not see them all as overlapping. I see that today they didn't put a yellow dot so all we see is that the park opened at 9 AM and the Backup Boarding Groups filled up at 9:01 AM.

EDIT: I checked again and they added the yellow dot right on top of the green dot (9:00 AM) but the red dot is still at 9:01 AM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	thrill-data_20200121.png Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	8611203
                        Last edited by bigcatrik; 01-21-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• iAMiRONMAN
                          • Jun 2019

There were giant lines to get in the park by 7:30am today (Tues).
                          Attached Files

Comment

• rezpeni
                            MiceChatter
                            • May 2011

I'm going tomorrow to make my first attempt at riding this. What time should I plan to be at the front gates by? Also any other tips regarding the app? Some people say keep refreshing or use cell signal instead of wifi? Any help appreciated guys

Comment

• Blurr
                              Fastest Bot in the Galaxy
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by rezpeni View Post
                              I'm going tomorrow to make my first attempt at riding this. What time should I plan to be at the front gates by? Also any other tips regarding the app? Some people say keep refreshing or use cell signal instead of wifi? Any help appreciated guys
                              I used data instead of Disneyland's wi-fi, which I didn't want to risk using with thousands of other people all trying to connect to it at once. We arrived at the front gates at 5:30am on Saturday but the line in the esplanade was manageable and didn't back up to DCA till a little while later. I'm told they open the gates to the park and let people in to Main Street once the line backs up to the other park, my guess on a weekday would be that you are okay if you can be in line for the gates by 8am (assuming they open at 9)

As for tips? Make sure your entire party is scanned in/linked together in the app once you're inside. Log in in advance and explore it a little, get yourself familiar with where the greyed out "Join Boarding Group" button is before they go live so that you know where to be once they do. I opened my app right when the passes went live and navigated to the "Join Boarding Group" option but if you have others in your party who are willing, they can download the app as well and log in with your credentials and try at the same time as you for your entire group (in case maybe one of you has a faster phone or wants to try being on the actual "Join Boarding Group" page and refreshing instead of waiting to open the app right when they go live). Make sure you allow the app to send you notifications too, so you know when your group is called.

If you get assigned a "Backup Boarding Group", don't despair yet. The day I was there they managed to get well into the 100's in terms of groups and I am seeing via Twitter that they are doing even better today. The only thing that can really stop you from getting in as a backup are extended/frequent downtimes.

That's all off the top of my head. Hope you get to experience it!

Comment

• iAMiRONMAN
                                • Jun 2019

At 7:15am today (Wed) lines were notably shorter than Tuesday.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X