Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Story vs Pixar Pals/Mickey and Friends parking

I just noticed that the Toy Story Parking looks pretty good. I have a few questions...

With my AP parking can I park at Toy Story anytime or only when the structure is full?

How is the disability access? From the photos I have seen it looks pretty good.

Does the disability access fin Toy Story ill as quickly as the structure disability seems to fill?

How is the best way to approach the Toy Story lot?

Due to health reasons I have not been to Disneyland for almost a year and I would like to get back, I hope I can with a month or so. Also I need to get a new annual pass.

Thanks

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

With my AP parking can I park at Toy Story anytime or only when the structure is full?
    A: You can park at TS anytime that lot is open sometimes they will send you to adjacent lots such as Pumbaa

How is the disability access? From the photos I have seen it looks pretty good.
    A: For the none parking garage lots last time we park there they would have a separate bus for poplin Wheelchairs etc. that would allow for longer load times to help accommodate. The busses have lowering ramps for those that need the assistance.

Does the disability access fin Toy Story ill as quickly as the structure disability seems to fill?
    A: I am not sure about this, though I have seen them place all those needing assistance in one bus and depending on the group they may have to wait on the bus a lil longer than normal to wait for it to fill.

How is the best way to approach the Toy Story lot?
    A: If your coming from the south simply follow the signs and it will guide you to the Pumbaa ( much closer ) or the Toy Story lot with signs and cones. Another option is to exit Katella from the south or Harbor from the north and drive directly to the lot but they may be in a period of diverting to Pumbaa so be prepared to be diverted if you go straight TS just incase.

Last edited by Starcade; 01-23-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Back when I lived in Irvine, I would exclusively use the Toy Story lot. Approaching from the south, the easiest thing to do is exit I-5 on Chapman Ave or State College Blvd, cut west to Harbor on Chapman or Orangewood, and then go north on Harbor to the Toy Story lot. That way you're making right turns onto Harbor and into the lot, instead of driving with the masses (on Katella or Disney Way) and waiting for left turn arrows to get onto Harbor and into the lot. Even on busy days, this was a great way to "sneak in" and avoid the bulk of "resort area" traffic, and avoid the risk of getting forced into Pumbaa (which is closer than Toy Story but has lousy tram service). When you leave, head east on Katella and you're back at the 5 in no time.

The bus ride from Toy Story takes a few minutes longer than the tram ride from M&F/PP, but in my experience, EVERYTHING else (waiting at toll booths, driving from toll booths to parking spot, walking from parking spot to bus, waiting to board bus, walking from bus to esplanade) takes less time at Toy Story. Plus, at the end of the night, you're riding back to the lot in a heated/cooled bus, instead of a windy open-air tram that you had to wait in a long line for.

Considering your questions about disability access, it's also notable that it's a very short walk from the disability parking to the bus stops, and since it's a flat lot, there's no elevator to deal with and wait for.

I don't know where you're coming from, but if you're approaching from the west on 22, it's easy to get to Toy Story; just exit Harbor and drive straight up. Approaching from the north is trickier, because M&F/PP is so easy to access from southbound I-5, so it's harder to justify the extra driving to get to Toy Story. That said, if you were coming from the north and wanted to go to Toy Story, I would either exit Harbor and drive south, or overshoot and exit Orangewood, then take Orangewood to Harbor (a couple miles longer but much less traffic and fewer stoplights).
      Last edited by GreatAndoski; 01-23-2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatAndoski View Post

Considering your questions about disability access, it's also notable that it's a very short walk from the disability parking to the bus stops, and since it's a flat lot, there's no elevator to deal with and wait for.

I don't know where you're coming from, but if you're approaching from the west on 22, it's easy to get to Toy Story; just exit Harbor and drive straight up. Approaching from the north is trickier, because M&F/PP is so easy to access from southbound I-5, so it's harder to justify the extra driving to get to Toy Story. That said, if you were coming from the north and wanted to go to Toy Story, I would either exit Harbor and drive south, or overshoot and exit Orangewood, then take Orangewood to Harbor (a couple miles longer but much less traffic and fewer stoplights).
        I use a mobility scooter. How is the bus transport for scooters?

I am coming in from the North, I usually take 57 to Ball over to the structure... How would it be to make my way to the TS lot from there?

Thanks,

Andy

-
        What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Originally posted by CUatDL View Post

I am coming in from the North, I usually take 57 to Ball over to the structure... How would it be to make my way to the TS lot from there?

Thanks,

Andy
          Each bus provides a ramp for those who use a mobility scooter. The bus driver will assist in getting you onboard and in place before they allow the other guests to board. If you're taking the 57, I recommend taking it one exit further to Katella, make a right, and then follow the signs to Toy Story (Disney Parks) Parking. Signage is extremely apparent and you shouldn't have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by CUatDL View Post

Thanks,

Andy
            To elaborate on the above, the Toy Story lot shuttles are actually Anaheim city busses driven by Anaheim city bus drivers (not Disney CMs), so they have the ramps and securing straps of a "normal" bus.

If you're on southbound 57 and want to go to Toy Story, I would take the Orangewood exit, turn right (westbound) on Orangewood, turn right (northbound) on Harbor, and turn right into lot. Less traffic than exiting Katella, fewer stoplights, and no waiting for left turn arrows.

When you're leaving, take eastbound Katella back to the 57.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X