Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Oga’s should have had a Balcony!

After finally visiting Oga’s Cantina at Galaxy’s Edge… I must say the building could have been designed better. To me, the biggest missed opportunity was an indoor/outdoor, partially shaded balcony on a second floor.
    The balcony could have looked out over Galaxy’s Edge and down onto the courtyard outside the entrance to Oga’s, or even better, out over the Millenium Falcon! While on the other side, the balcony could have been open to and looked down into the cantina itself.
    This additional space could have more than doubled capacity as well as creating unique views and an outdoor venue. Couple this with a larger food menu and I feel the Oga’s experience would feel a bit less lacking.

If they had one, it would probably end up being AP-exclusive. :P

Kidding! It sounds like a nice idea. If not just for looks/views, but to increase the capacity of the Cantina in any way. I see no immediate or obvious drawbacks other than maybe trying to get people to leave, especially at night when fireworks are happening or folks want that relaxing view of GE's mountain range. Any upstairs portion may be better off utilizing a second, smaller bar space too so that the CMs aren't carrying those drinks up and down all day.
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Additionally; the bridge that connects the Oga's building to the Dok-Ondar's building could be used as a 2nd entrance to Oga's, perhaps to the balcony area only, which could be considered a separate sit down restaurant. Or the bridge could simply be utilized for additional seating for the proposed 2nd floor.
      I'm honestly not sure if the bridge is a faux structure, or if it's load bearing.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the bridge was originally meant to have a stunt show happen on it before it was cut? Maybe someone else can confirm but I know I've seen footage of the actor's practicing online somewhere. If this is true, then there's definitely some kind of structural access up there and the ability to walk across it, though it may just be simple backstage ladders and corridors right now.
        "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

This would have been great. One of the things I like about the JC’s line is that upstairs offers a nice view of Adventureland.
          One less angry fan at the park is a plus in my book. Bye!

Comment

I think the only thing that would be a negative is when somebody inevitably spills a drink the crowds below will not be amused.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
              I think the only thing that would be a negative is when somebody inevitably spills a drink the crowds below will not be amused.
              Has this been an issue at Carthay or Alfresco Tasting Terrace? I suppose it depends on the design of the balcony.
              One less angry fan at the park is a plus in my book. Bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

Has this been an issue at Carthay or Alfresco Tasting Terrace? I suppose it depends on the design of the balcony.
                Hasn't been an issue at Club 33 to my knowledge, and that balcony could easily lose a drink or food item over the edge.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X