Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mando/Baby Yoda Coming to Galaxies Edge, if so does the timeline mean nothing?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Mando/Baby Yoda Coming to Galaxies Edge, if so does the timeline mean nothing?

So I've seen rumors that Mando and Baby Yody (the child) might be added to Smugglers run within the next year. If so does this mean the timeline means nothing since Mando show takes place 20-30 years before Galaxy Edge Time line. I don't care but wondering does anyone else care if this happens about breaking the timeline? Also did they choose the wrong time to set the land considering a new show with two characters who barley talk are being considered for a long over the sequel series with 3 movies?

More of a discussion on were/are the wrong characters being focused on now because of the timeline? Should the timline just go? Do you want the land to be forced in one time or have different attractions for each era?
    Happy Halloween!!!

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I don't care but wondering does anyone else care if this happens about breaking the timeline?
    If I'm honest, I don't. Bring us Mando and the Child!

This is the way...

Comment

I'd rather have Dr. Smith and the robot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
        LOL! "Oh, the pain, the pain..."

Comment

It was inevitable that they'd eventually start to ease out of the timeline restrictions they placed on themselves. It was always kind of foolish.
          "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
            ...did they choose the wrong time to set the land considering a new show with two characters who barley talk are being considered for a long over the sequel series with 3 movies?

More of a discussion on were/are the wrong characters being focused on now because of the timeline? Should the timline just go? Do you want the land to be forced in one time or have different attractions for each era?
            You're wondering this now? It was obvious this direction was a mistake years ago.

Also, this is the way.

Comment

The mandalorian isn't really a big deal since the've already referenced Baatu on the show. How old is the child? He could still be a child during the timeline. I'd be more concerned with Darth Vader showing up.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I hope they get out of the timeline. The role playing aspect is silly. I want Darth Vader in SWGE and kylo Ren. As well as all the characters from Star Wars. I love Star wars. All of it!!!!
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                  How old is the child? He could still be a child during the timeline.
                  He's 50 in the show as a baby essentially, so it's likely he could be a child still.

Comment

If they give me a chance to hold BY, I couldn't care less about timeline. Just take my money and give me The Child. Add Daddylorian and I'm never leaving.

Comment

tl;dr it doesn't seem to break the timeline.

Originally posted by wlc View Post

He's 50 in the show as a baby essentially, so it's likely he could be a child still.
                      Doing some Star Wars timeline math (someone correct me if I'm wrong please), Galaxy's Edge is roughly 25 years after The Mandalorian season 1.

If anyone wants to see the math of that: Season 1 is 9 ABY (After Battle of Yavin) and Galaxy's Edge is in between The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker which themselves are 34 and 35 ABY.

So assuming Baby Yoda survives the show, he'd be 75 in Galaxy's Edge. The Mandalorian's age in Galaxy's Edge would be 28 years (the year-to-date of the Purge we see in flashbacks) + however old we think he is in that flashback (5?). So The Mandalorian would be in his early to mid 30's. As long as they're not worried about committing to their survival in the show by including them in the land, it doesn't seem to break the timeline.

I'm all for including them personally. I think it would make the ride more exciting, that's for sure. Star Tours is way more fun now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                        Or maybe Eeyore can go over to GE and be sad he couldn’t get a boarding group.

Comment

Foolish. The Mandalorian would never let anyone get their picture with Baby Yoda.

Comment

I really, really, really wish they’d stop calling him Baby Yoda! Since it’s not Yoda, himself! Give the species a name for christ sake! It’s only been 40 years when the green, funny eared creature debuted in Empire Strikes Back in 1980, and all the movies, tv shows, novalizations, etc since then..... and Lucas Film STILL can’t explain Yoda’s origins?

GET ON WITH IT! 😡
                            Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 01-25-2020, 05:05 AM.
                            MY SIGNATURE:
                            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I’ve always been partial to the classic trilogy era, myself. That said, I think they should’ve kept the time frame a bit vague, so everyone could more or less play in their favorite era. Star Tours often jumped between eras even in the same ride, and it was never a problem.
                              that said, sure bring on Mando and Baby Yoda. And any other characters who can add life and color to the area. It’s all about fun anyway.
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Wait! A meet and greet with The Child? Now THAT I'd stand in line for!!!!

But seriously, I didn't realize that SWL had a 'timeline'. I just figured it was an unspecified time 'in a Galaxy far, far away' from the 'known' planets mentioned in the movies.

Without a HUGE backstory, exactly when IS it supposed to be?
                                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                                  I really, really, really wish they’d stop calling him Baby Yoda! Since it’s not Yoda, himself! Give the species a name for christ sake! It’s only been 40 years when the green, funny eared creature debuted in Empire Strikes Back in 1980, and all the movies, tv shows, novalizations, etc since then..... and Lucas Film STILL can’t explain Yoda’s origins?

GET ON WITH IT! 😡
                                  My son told me that it's one of those "Who is the person in 'You're So Vain'" things. Lucas supposedly has said that Yoda's origins will never be explained. I kinda like it that way. Although I DO want to know who is/was So Vain!!
                                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

My son told me that it's one of those "Who is the person in 'You're So Vain'" things. Lucas supposedly has said that Yoda's origins will never be explained. I kinda like it that way. Although I DO want to know who is/was So Vain!!
                                    That was fine when there was just one of them. But now a second of that species has been introduced. And like all babies ... there’s a mother and a father. Could be siblings, etc. Season 2 of the show should at least give the baby a name. Even Yoda had a name. They can’t be too mysterious!
                                    MY SIGNATURE:
                                    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

That was fine when there was just one of them. But now a second of that species has been introduced. And like all babies ... there’s a mother and a father. Could be siblings, etc. Season 2 of the show should at least give the baby a name. Even Yoda had a name. They can’t be too mysterious!
                                      Reincarnation.

Actually, there already was a female Yoda in Episode 1.
                                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post

Reincarnation.

Actually, there already was a female Yoda in Episode 1.
                                        That character was called Yaddle.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X