Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DEBATE LOUNGE MOVED

2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

Which effects on Rise of the R. will break down & be infrequently or never repaired?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of fascinating breakdowns, I feel like I may be in a minority that would actually like to see the second Kylo Ren figure go down while I'm riding every once in a while. I like the true ending and the figure/effects (that look way better in person), don't get me wrong (it's superior) but I'm kind of a sucker for Kylo Ren's Tie Silencer and I was geeking out to see it return for the B-mode ending of Rise. I also think it's great that they actually have a show "plan B" in case the second Kylo is having issues instead of needing to simply shut the attraction down for an extended period of time during the day and can get things up and running again during the next real downtime or overnight when they hand things off to maintenance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7yVcss9Ag
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

it is an astute observation

there are several targets in Buzz Lightyear that have not worked for quite some time

there were more than a few that did not work in Small world

though I suppose it may be less obvious in ROTR

Comment

Originally posted by successor View Post
        I don't think some of you should look at this thread in a negative way. ALL Disney rides have issues at one point or another, some more than others. I find ride breakdowns fascinating. Why would Fin stop moving, what are the reasons behind that. It's 2020 and still animations like Fin and Ren break down regularly, but why? It's a very interesting subject and I for one would like this conversation to continue.
        Successor,
        your post reminded me of a thread in a forum of another Disney fan group.
        It's 198 pages about what's not working on WDW's Everest attraction!

LINK--sorry the link hasn't been working for me. It's on WDW Magic:
        https://forums./threads/expedition-e...-watch.171808/

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
          Which cool effects on Rise of the Resistance will be the first to break down and only be repaired occasionally or possibly never?
          That kind of passive/aggressive question is like asking: When will you stop beating your wife? .

Comment

Originally posted by Rammikin View Post

That kind of passive/aggressive question is like asking: When will you stop beating your wife? .
            The objection an attorney would bring is that this "assumes a fact not in evidence." However, opposing counsel might offer proof that this has happened with pretty much every other Disney ride ever. So that evidence, while circumstantial, tends to show the likelihood of Disney letting this happen again in the future. We're the jurors though, and we get to decide whether we believe the circumstances. From the looks of things, most view this as a fait accompli.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
              The objection an attorney would bring is that this "assumes a fact not in evidence." However, opposing counsel might offer proof that this has happened with pretty much every other Disney ride ever. So that evidence, while circumstantial, tends to show the likelihood of Disney letting this happen again in the future. We're the jurors though, and we get to decide whether we believe the circumstances. From the looks of things, most view this as a fait accompli.
              Exactly. Considering the notorious budget cutbacks that have been the hallmark of the Chapek management regime, the chance that RotR ride effects won't break -- and when they do, that they will be promptly repaired -- is low.
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

Comment

The more interesting question to ponder: what GE junk will end up in the Mission Breakout queue?

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                  I see where he's going, you only have to walk to Splash Mountain to see it. How many animatronics, effects and lights don't work? They work a few months after a refurbishment then fail again. Has the barefoot pirate or the clavichord returned to the POTC? The effects in ROTR are cool to see but how far will the suits let it collapse before they allow maintenance back in?
                  My opinion is the first thing to drop won't be an effect, it will be the number of CMs needed for the show scenes. It will become controlled paths and roped areas.
                  The barefoot pirate is back! Saw him today!

Comment

Do you think Rise of the R. will be =ly well maintained at WDW & at D.land?

I raised this before, but am interested in more comments on this, especially from those of you who frequently visit both American Disney resorts.

I'd guess that they'll both be well maintained while Disney is putting these attractions near the center of their advertising,
                    and (hopefully) all of WDW will be in great shape during its 50th, as Disneyland was in 2005 for its 50th.

After the 50th I wonder if Disneyland's will be better maintained because of its proximity to Burbank and all the AP holders who visit more frequently and notice & complain more when things are broken.

Comment

Here's a link to an SNL sketch, "Debbie Downer at Disney World,"
                      but by encouraging Disney to keep everything running well, we'd actually give Debbie less to complain about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfE93xON8jk

Comment

I wouldn't surprised if the "Frogger" Laser Cannons wouldn't eventually go by the wayside and be put in a permanent retracted state to avoid the stop/go process of the vehicles.

Comment

the limited movement of the storm troopers in the star destroyer hanger will always be a low priority fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams View Post
                            I wouldn't surprised if the "Frogger" Laser Cannons wouldn't eventually go by the wayside and be put in a permanent retracted state to avoid the stop/go process of the vehicles.
                            I really do hope that never happens. I loved this part of the ride and the movements adds to the feeling of escaping and avoiding the danger that is already following.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post

I really do hope that never happens. I loved this part of the ride and the movements adds to the feeling of escaping and avoiding the danger that is already following.
                              They were retracted and not moving or firing when I rode it at 10:20 this morning...........
                              Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 02-26-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

They were retracted and not moving or firing when I rode it at 10:20 this morning...........
                                Can confirm it was this way for me when I rode yesterday. Also as the lead car it moved backwards before forwards and did a little jiggle near the last cannon. Not sure if the rear car also does this in this alternate set of movements aka "B mode" in the gun room.

Considering they're having trouble keeping all the ride vehicles in rotation every day I'm not surprised they aren't doing the gun vehicles right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

Originally posted by Theme Park Chat View Post

Can confirm it was this way for me when I rode yesterday. Also as the lead car it moved backwards before forwards and did a little jiggle near the last cannon. Not sure if the rear car also does this in this alternate set of movements aka "B mode" in the gun room.

Considering they're having trouble keeping all the ride vehicles in rotation every day I'm not surprised they aren't doing the gun vehicles right now.
                                  Well this is disappointing, and didn't take long. This is precisely the reason I wanted to ride it soon after it opened.

Comment

At first when it starting moving backwards I thought the ride was going to break down. Then when the car started jiggling, I felt like I was riding Luigi's Roadsters. The whole thing was very odd.
                                    The B-Mode for that room is very underwhelming, especially since they just display an empty outer space instead of ships and explosions. And if that's the B-Mode for the room, it's interesting it still wastes time (again, the car goes backwards, stops, and jiggles before then proceeding) in there instead of having you speed through like we suspected. Maybe it would have thrown off the sequencing for the rest of the ride and they have to still keep the cars in that room for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure why wouldn't design it to allow that though (I do hear it's a "smart ride system" ).
                                    Last edited by Theme Park Chat; 02-26-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

At first when it starting moving backwards I thought the ride was going to break down. Then when the car started jiggling, I felt like I was riding Luigi's Roadsters. The whole thing was very odd.
                                      The B-Mode for that room is very underwhelming, especially since they just display an empty outer space instead of ships and explosions. And if that's the B-Mode for the room, it's interesting it still wastes time (again, the car goes backwards, stops, and jiggles before then proceeding) in there instead of having you speed through like we suspected. Maybe it would have thrown off the sequencing for the rest of the ride and they have to still keep the cars in that room for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure why wouldn't design it to allow that though (I do hear it's a "smart ride system" ).
                                      I would of thought the cars should face windows and still have shooting effects... cannons could stay in one spot, just use lighting and sound. Of course it's better if they move but I mean "B mode" could be pulled off easily.

Comment

Originally posted by CM08 View Post

I would of thought the cars should face windows and still have shooting effects... cannons could stay in one spot, just use lighting and sound. Of course it's better if they move but I mean "B mode" could be pulled off easily.
                                        I rode this morning and the cannons were up and running again!

Comment

I rode this morning and the cannons were up and running again!
                                          Yay! I felt like it was way to early to give up hope. I was getting flashbacks with similar rumors regarding the tipping over of the mini tractors in RSR. It's just way to early in the game to think big effects are already being turned off.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X