Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many more months before ROTR has a regular queue?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How many more months before ROTR has a regular queue?

How many weeks/months will it be before RISE gets rid of its boarding groups/apps and goes to a regular queue like every other attraction in the park? I'm guessing late spring, early summer.

Originally posted by au82 View Post
    How many weeks/months will it be before RISE gets rid of its boarding groups/apps and goes to a regular queue like every other attraction in the park? I'm guessing late spring, early summer.
    Making a guess
    I think Disney is going to do the boarding groups/apps
    for long time.......for this is a new attraction
    it could be a year.......it is any body guess.
    Not even ,Disney does not have a time table for how long !
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I say a year or longer. I don't see a point in time where it gets a break from popularity. Unless they can get more people on it I don't see anything changing.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

Not happening until boarding passes are readily available long after the park opens and they can process more boarding passes consistently.

Comment

3-4 years.
          "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

My guesses:
            -When they finally 'finished' the ride
            -When it stops breaking down
            -When everyone has already ridden the ride at least once
            -When the next new ride opens in Disneyland and/or DCA
            -When the next Star Wars movie comes out. [Bonus points if its Episode X]
            -Not soon enough
            -Never, welcome to the new pioneering ride method in Disney Parks!

This ride has made me very pessimistic. Honestly, I have no clue.

Comment

Maybe early fall 2020 when Avengers Land opens.

Comment

Eight at Disneyland.

Twenty-24 at Walt Disney World, because if the Bob's don't cheap out, WDW should be packed as Disneyland was during its outstanding 50th Anniversary under its excellent park leader, Matt Ouimet. (I'd guess & I hope they let WDW's 50th run a little long--up to Dec. 31, 2022, since its first full year ENDED the day before Oct. 1, 1972.)

Comment

Follow-up question...when do you think the boarding pass will not be an insane lottery / early morning rush? (well aware the answer will be never, ha)

Comment

Follow-up question...when do you think the boarding pass will not be an insane lottery / early morning rush? (well aware the answer will be never, ha)
                    Well
                    I DO HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU !
                    "INSANE"
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

8 months, 19 days, 10 hours, and 5.3 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by spinycactus View Post
                        8 months, 19 days, 10 hours, and 5.3 minutes.
                        Why October 16th?

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Why October 16th?
                          That was a joke. I was looking into Madam Leoda's crystal ball and that's the answer she gave me. Haha

Comment

I think just a few more months (like you said late spring or early summer).

However, the boarding groups are limited to help ease the demand on the ride (since it is currently not reliable enough to run constantly). Thus, if they are waiting to open the stand-by line until the attraction can handle it, then it could be much longer (till the end of the year?). Instead of opening the stand-by, they might just expand the number of guests in a boarding group and/or assign more groups to get more guests through yet still control demand. When I went, the queue space was not completely filled and went pretty quickly. So I think boarding groups are capable of processing more guests if needed (they are just not at their full potential).
                            Last edited by Jesser-pie; 01-27-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

The virtual queue will go away when the ride can be reasonably depended on to run all day at capacity without significant downtime. As long as it is so unreliable, the virtual queue allows them to hide operational problems and minimize guest outrage. Better to disappoint people by running out of boarding groups or by not calling their boarding group than to disappoint them by letting them sit in an enormous line that stops moving for hours at a time. Also, they don't want to deal with the headache of managing an enormous line that stops moving for hours at a time (bathroom passes, food & drink, overflowing trash cans, guest rage).

Until RotR runs like a normal ride, they're not going to let people form a normal queue for it.
                              Last edited by GreatAndoski; 01-28-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

About 57 weeks I think.
                                "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "‚Äč This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

The more I think about it, early/mid summer would be when they would start a regular queue (unless the ride keeps breaking down). Lines will be three hours plus but you'll see more visitors committed to spending the day in the park

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X