Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP to our fellow Disneyland fan, Kobe

I saw Kobe sitting (unlike me) courtside with his daughter at the Nov. 17, 2019, Lakers vs. Hawks game. Will Farrell & Keven Hart were also there, but Kobe was who the fans were excited about.

I've never seen a parent & their kid have more fun watching a sporting event. He spent the game laughing with her and pointing things out on the court. Other players including LeBron & Dwight Howard came over to say hello.

He was a Disney freak who frequently visited Disneyland, an Oscar winner, and a rare player to have had 2 #s retired: 8 & 24.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0-8.png Views:	0 Size:	399.6 KB ID:	8611703
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-26-2020, 12:33 PM.

Kobe was my idol, I loved him and he’s always been a big part of my life, I will always remember seeing him at Disneyland after he won the 2009 NBA championship. I will will miss him, may him and his daughter find each other in the next life and find peace.

Comment

He spoke Italian fluently, took a beautiful pop star to his high school prom, trash talked Michael Jordan, won 5 NBA championships AND an Oscar, and took his kids to Disneyland MANY times. He packed a lot of life into his 41 years!

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
        he spoke italian fluently, took a beautiful pop star to his high school prom, trash talked michael jordan, won 5 nba championships and an oscar, and took his kids to disneyland many times. He packed a lot of life into his 41 years!
        sad day........................
        Kobe Bryant, 41
        20 years with the Lakers
        also Kobe Bryant’s 13-year-old daughter was also killed
        in a helicopter crash on Sunday morning

My Prayer is with all Family's
        killed in helicopter crash !
        Last edited by Eagleman; 01-26-2020, 03:40 PM.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

(See my first post on this thread.)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	200126194501-03-kobe-gianna-byrant-restricted-exlarge-tease.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	8611729Click image for larger version

Name:	OIF.n57j5v6Ym0DVZugQkQ0G1A.jpeg
Views:	739
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	8611730

Comment

Sad day.
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

Talk about a surreal moment - the Kobe news broke just as I was getting on It's a Small World. I then spent the next 10 minutes on a ride where a song is being sung about happiness and joy reading about Kobe and trying to figure out if it was true or not finally to be confirmed by multiple news sources.

Comment

A clip of Kobe speaking three languages at one press conference--there are many clips of Kobe speaking Italian & Spanish on YouTube:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2t0ytNHGQc

Comment

Got wind of the story as we were in line for Space Mountain yesterday, when I saw his daughter was with him as a father that part really got to me. One by one you could see people in line checking there phones and being a bit shocked when they saw what had happened.

Comment

He was a HUGE Disneyland fan.

Lots of great pictures posted by the Daily Mail of a recent visit to Disneyland in October. Our family had seen him and his family a number of times in the park and at a reserved event for fireworks in front of the castle. They note that he and the family would visit the parks "up to four times a month".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gic-crash.html

He was a passholder and would often have a VIP tour guide with him.

A great family man and fellow Disneyland fan like us all! May he be at peace and condolences to his family, so sad and so shocking.

Comment

RIP Kobe, Gigi, and all who were aboard. As someone mentioned up above Kobe certainly packed a lot of living into his 41 years. Prays for all the families dealing with this tragedy.

Getting sad news when you're at DL is, well, I guess surreal is the best word. The same thing happened to me & BFF when Robin Williams took his own life. We were in line for Toad and thought my son was pranking us.
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                        He was a HUGE Disneyland fan.

A great family man and fellow Disneyland fan like us all! May he be at peace and condolences to his family, so sad and so shocking.
                        I agree
                        (I learn this week , he live near by us ....... Newport Beach CA )
                        SAD he was person who gave back to the rest of us ...he will be miss

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I just wanted to post some pictures of him and his family in the park.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X