Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We want 6 says at the park!!!

Hi everyone,

Me and my family are heading to Disneyland from Utah in March. My siblings all live in San Diego so they plan to meet us there. The only problem is, not everyone can come on the same days! We currently have 5 day park hoppers but we’re needing an extra day at the park to get to hang out with everyone at the park. I have called Disney and gotten mixed answers. 1. The only option is to buy one more day at full price. 2. I can upgrade our ticket while we’re there at the ticket booths. The people I’ve called and spoke to at Disney have all been quite rude about it, like we shouldn’t be lingering that long haha but it’s the only way we can accommodate and see everyone at the park while we’re there. Does anyone know which is true? I’m kind of shocked at how we’ve run into this road block with Disney of all places. Any advice or answers are much appreciated!

Is it possible to buy two 3-Day Park hoppers to get your 6 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Sbanner801 View Post
      Hi everyone,

Me and my family are heading to Disneyland from Utah in March. My siblings all live in San Diego so they plan to meet us there. The only problem is, not everyone can come on the same days! We currently have 5 day park hoppers but we’re needing an extra day at the park to get to hang out with everyone at the park. I have called Disney and gotten mixed answers. 1. The only option is to buy one more day at full price. 2. I can upgrade our ticket while we’re there at the ticket booths. The people I’ve called and spoke to at Disney have all been quite rude about it, like we shouldn’t be lingering that long haha but it’s the only way we can accommodate and see everyone at the park while we’re there. Does anyone know which is true? I’m kind of shocked at how we’ve run into this road block with Disney of all places. Any advice or answers are much appreciated!
      A 5 day hopper with Max Pass is $470; plus a 1 day peak priced day with MaxPass is $214. TOTAL = $684
      A 5 day hopper with Max Pass can be upgraded to a Flex Pass with MaxPass for a total of $699.

Soo basically you can upgrade to Flex for not much more. And you get discounts on merchandise so you might be able to get some savings by buying all your souvenirs at the end of you trip once you have upgraded.

Comment

Maybe it’s time to get a travel agent’s advise and expertise to crack this code.
        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

This has always been my pet peeve. Parkhoppers only going up to 5 days. I live in Chicago, so my visits to California/Disneyland are not too often. I'd love at least 7 or 8 days. Some people do not understand that. They tell me 5 days should be enough. Well it has to be. Otherwise, I must consider jumping from a parkhopper to an Annual Pass. Day tickets added on to a parkhopper is just too expensive, as is the Annual pass, unless you are planning two trips within a 12 month period. I think Disney should at least offer 7 days hoppers.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by BECCA1007 View Post

A 5 day hopper with Max Pass is $470; plus a 1 day peak priced day with MaxPass is $214. TOTAL = $684
            A 5 day hopper with Max Pass can be upgraded to a Flex Pass with MaxPass for a total of $699.

Soo basically you can upgrade to Flex for not much more. And you get discounts on merchandise so you might be able to get some savings by buying all your souvenirs at the end of you trip once you have upgraded.
            Good idea! My concern about doing that would be that one of my wanted days would be a 'reservation day' and I couldn't get a reservation. Wonder if there's a way to check whether a specific day's reservations are full before you upgrade?
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

Good idea! My concern about doing that would be that one of my wanted days would be a 'reservation day' and I couldn't get a reservation. Wonder if there's a way to check whether a specific day's reservations are full before you upgrade?
              Depending on when you are going, I wouldn't worry much about reservation days, especially if only one day is not a "good to go" day. My sister and a few friends have flex passes, and they have never NOT gotten their reservations. We even went at 2pm on D23 weekend. And Weekends in October. And RotR opening weekend. Who knows if that might change and all of the sudden things are different and reservations become challenging, but right now, it's been ok. We are about to try for Easter, so that'll be a good challenge, haha.

Comment

Disneyland doesn't want to sell multi day tickets beyond 5 days. Their old argument (lie) was to prevent fraud but that hasn't held any water since they started taking pictures. The truth is they want you to buy an annual pass. They want to get their hooks in you. They know since you spent a bit more money to get the pass, you will want to get your money's worth and come back again within the year. They sell to sell again. The multiday tickets are a one off and repeat business off of them is poor. They make a lot more money off of passholders.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

Is the reservation day the LAST day you would be going? You will want to use the parkhopper tickets for at least a day in order to use your magic morning entitlement, but if you aren't concerned about the discount savings over the full length of your trip upgrading on the last day works just fine which might allow you to skirt around needing a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                    Disneyland doesn't want to sell multi day tickets beyond 5 days. Their old argument (lie) was to prevent fraud but that hasn't held any water since they started taking pictures. The truth is they want you to buy an annual pass. They want to get their hooks in you. They know since you spent a bit more money to get the pass, you will want to get your money's worth and come back again within the year. They sell to sell again. The multiday tickets are a one off and repeat business off of them is poor. They make a lot more money off of passholders.
                    They used to have more then 5 day tickets, sadly they did away with them unless you are from Australia/new Zealand. Sadly people that travel to Disneyland from the USA get screwed.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X