Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else would like Star Tours Classic?

I was on Star Tours for the umpteenth time and still would prefer to ride the original movie. There's just something about the new ones that aren't as fun. They're not cohesive and it feels like the motion effects are not as pronounced.
    I think it would be fun to revert one of the star speeders back to the original Star Tours for those of us who preferred that version of the ride. Do you think it would be possible?

I really think our pilot Rex made that ride, C-3PO is great and all but his lines are just not as iconic.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC1986 View Post
      I really think our pilot Rex made that ride, C-3PO is great and all but his lines are just not as iconic.
      This is exactly how I feel. Star Tours 2.0 is great. Especially the ending on Naboo. But without Captain Rex it really does feel like it’s missing something.
      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

I for
        Star Tours Classic
        ,long with Captain Rex !
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Count me in! Bring back the original iconic journey (upgraded) along with Pee Wee/Rex. And move it to the remaining attraction pad in Star Wars Land.

Comment

I’m in; I find the randomization gimmick jarring. Currently (since it is themed to TROS), it avoids this problem, but it’s only temporary.
            Your false dichotomy bores me.

Comment

What if the original star tours returns to 2 simulators and the other 2 a removed. Star tours 2.0 opens up in star wars land where it belongs and the real estate from those 2 removed simulators + the star tours shop could be a huge chunk of real estate for a new ride in tomorrowland.

Comment

I actually don't miss the old version at this point. I would like however for them to get a little more innovative with Star Tours. The new TROS story i nice as it flows together really good and ties into a movie. A lot of times the normal scenes don't make any sense and are just mashups. I would like them to film multiple story lines you could get instead of copy and paste scenes from different movies. An easy thing to do would be to come up with 4 different pilots for the different simulators and give them 2-4 different story lines. I tihnk that would be an easy thing to do and cheap!
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

The funny/sad thing is, with just some reformating of the original film, you could make one of the shows the original star tours. The biggest issue would just be getting rex back, which, I don't think would happen. I'd think they would just come up with a means for 3PO to be hidden away, and just have rex appear as a 3D image.

Perhaps add a second "drop screen" behind the first, and captain Rex shows would have the first go down but the second stay up, with an image of him and the normal screen visuals appearing rear projected.

Comment

I know this is probably your first flight and it's... mine too.

Comment

I was literally just saying this to a friend of mine as much as I enjoyed my last trip this past Sunday I still think the original voyage with Rex and the trench run etc. was so much more enjoyable, no 3D glasses which also made it better because your peripheral vision wasn't distorted so you could feel more part of a team with your fellow passengers etc. The storyline was far more cohesive as well now it's like " Light speed.....wooomp we are in a battle oh no! then whoosh light speed again....wooomp another ( you guessed it battle!) repeat.
                      Last edited by Starcade; 01-30-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I don't mind the new version, but Rex was much funnier. I wish they would bring him back.

Comment

REX ....was a big part of the show
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

interesting...
                            I thought some of the motion effects were more realistic but
                            have been on Star Tours a few times when the "jump' to hyperspace was dull

I completely agree with you on story... the new set up is a disjointed collection of cuts from movies

the original Star Tours had an effect of drawing you into the story more and without the attempted personal touch of picking someone from the passenger list to make a "rebel spy"
                            to me, that effect wastes time we could be spending on the adventure and really, only vaguely amuses those who do not know the "spy"

it's like when the people in the grocery store have been told to make a personal connection with shoppers and instead of a clean well stocked store with easy to find prices and short check out lines, they chat you up in a really lame way.... trying for a.... personal touch....
                            as some young ones complain, like Jedi training academy, it means, everyone else, was not mentioned/chosen..
                            though with long "agenda" JTA, that might be a blessing

I wondered it it was because Star Tours was new that I remember it being more effective
                            but them Soaring went global and I realized, our experiences were in the hands of people who are less sensitive to effects and timing...

throw a lot of stuff at the guests and make it LOUD

throwing us around a lot, is not necessarily more immersive

Peter pan slams the vehicle against the wall and does a couple whip-lash stops
                            TSM throws us side to side (meaning friends with back problems can't ride anymore)
                            even the Tiki room is so loud I use ear plugs and have over heard people complain

so a slap dash Star Tours that is not as evocative as earlier versions.... is no surprise
                            still fun, but not as immersive as the timing in earlier versions

the entry is not as nice either
                            the robot scanning guests is loud and annoying, and yelling "move along" at people who would rather move along but are standing in line... does not add to the interest or enjoyment

there is a new abrasiveness that is a match for the character yelling on smugglers run, the Imperial rant from the stage in GE...
                            the "I dont't know what to do" from JTA... it is interesting to watch the faces of the audience... they are not enjoying it...

Last edited by GwenRowan; 02-15-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                              Count me in! Bring back the original iconic journey (upgraded) along with Pee Wee/Rex. And move it to the remaining attraction pad in Star Wars Land.
                              As much as I loved the original, I'd rather there be something new there as opposed to a 33 year old ride I've been on a million times.
                              "Have I gone mad?"
                              "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

I am so tired of the majority of trips on Star Tours being the sequel trilogy. It needs to go back to being truly randomized scenes. I love the prequel and original trilogy destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post

As much as I loved the original, I'd rather there be something new there as opposed to a 33 year old ride I've been on a million times.
                                  Funny - I go to Disneyland precisely to see (up to) 66-year old rides I've been on a million times. Vive la difference!

Comment

I still for

Star Tours Classic and bringing back REX
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I still miss riding the original Star Wars 1.0 (1987). I grew up riding the classic Star Wars with it's 'lived-in' grim and well detailed queue unlike the current one that is clean and less detailed.

I always prefer the classic Star Tours, I wish I can ride it now.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                                      Save
                                      Sav

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post

Funny - I go to Disneyland precisely to see (up to) 66-year old rides I've been on a million times. Vive la difference!
                                        There's a difference between being on old rides that still function, in the same spot they've always been and resurrecting an old ride to put in a brand new land.
                                        "Have I gone mad?"
                                        "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X