Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability procedures for ROTR

I'm planning to go to DL and ROTR on Monday, and since one person in my group has a disability, I wish to know the procedures for handicapped guests (specifically ones in ECVs). I assume getting a boarding pass is the same as normal, but what happens at the entrance to the attraction? Do ECV guests use the fastpass or normal queue? Do they transfer at the shuttle or in the main loading area? Are there any parts of the ride that they miss out on (like they do for the Star Tours queue)? From what I see there aren't any stairs in the queue, so they might just take the normal entrance like MFSR.

In order to ride RotR, guests in ECVs need to join the virtual queue and get a boarding pass like everyone else; no special procedures. Once your boarding group is called, I honestly don't know if an ECV would be sent thru the standby or fastpass queue (I assume standby, but not sure). Either way, you remain in the ECV thru all 3 preshows, and don't miss any component of the overall show experience. The transfer happens when boarding the primary ride vehicle, and then the ECV will be waiting for you at the unload station at the end of the ride.

Comment

I rode Sunday and there was an ECV in our group. You can go all the way through the queue and then through the first two phases of the attraction. You transfer at the last phase and then your vehicle is waiting for you at the end of the attraction. I use a mobility device (although not an ECV) and the transition was seamless, more so than on most

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X