Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones Adventure refurbishment

When is Indiana Jones Adventure supposed to go down for refurbishment? I can’t find anything definitive. I’m going to be at Disneyland Resort in a couple weeks and I’m already really bummed about The Haunted Mansion being down, but IJA being down also would be really annoying. I haven’t been to DLR in two years and I probably won’t be back again for two years because we’ll do WDW next, so I’d really hate to miss IJA. And this would be the first time my son would be tall enough to go on and he’s been super excited for two years to get to experience it.

I understand that attractions go down for refurb, but this is starting to feel like we’ll get there at night and our first day in the park the next morning they’ll announce that it’s going down for refurb that day. Now part of me thinks that’s kind of funny, but most of me sure doesn’t. I’m just shocked that nothing has been reported so I’m hoping someone here has heard something.

Dates haven't been announced or even rumored, you're not missing anything.

Comment

If your days are listed on the Disneyland Calendar and they don't show Indy's refurb as listed, then it should be open. Disneyland never does a surprise refurb without notifying the guests first. Only in the case of a major breakdown, would they immediately shut the ride down unexpectedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
        If your days are listed on the Disneyland Calendar and they don't show Indy's refurb as listed, then it should be open. Disneyland never does a surprise refurb without notifying the guests first. Only in the case of a major breakdown, would they immediately shut the ride down unexpectedly.
        Excellent point, well done Spongeocto4! I’m feeling fairly confident now that it will be up when we’re there. I wonder if they’re waiting for the RotR hype to die down a bit before they go shutting down IJA? As of now there’s a lot of Guests that are not getting to experience RotR even though they’re actually in the park, so not having IJA as well would probably result in a lot of complaining Guests.

Thanks for the replies, I knew there’d be micechatters with some good insight!

Comment

Does anyone know if Disney has made any headway with the refurbishment during the closure?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
            Does anyone know if Disney has made any headway with the refurbishment during the closure?
            The ride was not under refurbishment and there wasn't any date given when it was supposed to start. The closest we had was the announcement for the plans to refurbish it, but due to disneyland having 3 other rides going through extensive refurbishment (haunted mansion, snow white, and the carousal), Disney was probably gonna wait a few months after re-opening those rides for the fall season before starting to refurbish Indi, which changed thanks to the closures.

Comment

I would say Indiana Jone's refurb will take place in 2021 if not later.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X