Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Disneyland have a Guest Advocacy Department?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Does Disneyland have a Guest Advocacy Department?

Does Disneyland have a Guest Advocacy Department? I have always wondered if they did as I know they do not seem to have much if a customer retention group for AP holder's anymore and Guest Services is only a reactive arm. I know Hospitals often have this for patience. It's basically a group that works on the customers behalf without any directive by management to better the customer experience they are often judged by customer surveys and their success is weighed on the success of programs they create. If management doesn't allow any of their programs they are not blamed for any downturn etc. Basically they are advocates with the directive to improve customer experience and retention beyond normal CS, sale and marketing. They are not there to increase sales or bodies in seats they are simply there to ensure the experience is one where the customer will want to return. If they do not have this department it would seem they would benefit greatly by having one.

Originally posted by coconutcrab
    I am sorry, but in my opinion this is silly. DISN is a (very) for profit corporation. It makes $$$$ as things are, even though some people complain, there are hundreds of thousands of people that keep pumping $$$$ into the corp. WHY would DISN spend salaries on this concept? What would they gain?
    Not only that, they treat their biggest spenders like trash. I asked that same question, why no loyalty program? THEY DON'T NEED ONE. Disney is a drug more addictive than nicotine, alcohol, or heroin. Their guests are loyal to a fault, and no matter what you spend or do, there's 10 people behind you ready to take your place if you ever run out of money.
    Matt's 40th Birthday Disneyland Trip. Club 33, Napa Rose, and Adventureland Suite!!! ~~|~~ Katherine's 11th Birthday Dapper Day trip with Club 33 ~~|~~ Matt's Review of the Art of the Craft Tour at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~~|~~ My Spring, 2017 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Fall, 2016 Dapper Day and Club33 Trip Report ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Walt's LA tour with Bob Gurr and Marty Skylar ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Family Firsts Trip Report ~~|~~ Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report ~~|~~ World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party ~~|~~ My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club ~~|~~ My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2011 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

I am going to go ahead and guess, no.
      "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Basically they are advocates with the directive to improve customer experience and retention beyond normal CS, sale and marketing.

Disney sees no need to improve customer experience and retention beyond what they're doing now. At this point, they're seeing no downswing in attendance or guest spending. Their 'interest' ends with those two factors. I'm sure they want us to have a 'good time' but beyond that they have no interest in improving things. 'Good' is 'good enough'.

They are not there to increase sales or bodies in seats they are simply there to ensure the experience is one where the customer will want to return.

Disney isn't interested in anything that doesn't increase sales or put bodies in seats. They are a 'for profit' company and answer to their shareholders. Do they want us to return? I'm sure they do. But they also know (as Whoever said) that behind every dissatisfied customer there are 100 lined up who are only too eager to plop down their cash and fill up the Parks.

If they do not have this department it would seem they would benefit greatly by having one

I'm sure Disney does have something one could think of as a 'Guest Experience Improvement Dept', but it would still be guided by financial feasibility.
        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I still say......Vote with your Wallet
          imo
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
            Oh, they are. By the THOUSANDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
              Oh, they are. By the THOUSANDS.
              $ , $$$.00
              lol
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I think the view that customers are coming in larger and larger droves is a flawed assumption. Three years ago the parks where much more crowded and I remember many more days hitting max capacity and seeing longer lines, this was with the parks being staffed by more CM's than the skeleton crew they are running now. SW:GE is not much of a crowd suck as often the land seems almost empty. I would argue the petting zoo and BBQ place was populated by near the same crowd volume on many days.

Those that are no longer coming to the park are not always being replaced by others. I know in my social circle where there were once about 30-40 AP'rs 5 years ago has now maybe 25 left. All for various reasons from pricing is too high, to they are bored of the parks and/or their kids have grown up and not longer want to go. The spin that DLC has put on financials in recent quarters have seem to admit as much. Disney is in an expansion mode while their guest volume appears to be retracting. Iger knows he is gone in a couple of years so he wants to leave on a high note of expansion so he can say "look at what I did" with little concern that we may be about enter another "dead period" of DL like we had in decades past. I might have my timelines wrong but Iger seems to be mirroring Eisner's tenure and post years even more than previous thought.

Comment

I doubt they do. Just based on how they thought Star Wars should be represented in the park shows me they didn't talk to any Star Wars fans. They went with whatever metrics they think reflect the fans. Their lame attempt at surveys when you enter the park also shows they don't do enough with guests to figure out the truth.
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

They need one badly

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                      imo
                      This is the only way they listen! 😄

To Starcade 's point, I have seen the same thing. I do not see the replacement guest by the 100s, even the 10s., they certainly have ample demand, but demand is fickle and should never be taken for granted.

We are at the strongest economy in a generation and many things are increasingly competing for the consumer dollar.

Attendance patterns can shift rapidly. I love the parks and I love being in them, but that can shift over time, the sparkle can be lost if people like Chapek continue to take the customer for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                        they are simply there to ensure the experience is one where the customer will want to return.
                        Isn't this Disneyland's entire raison d'etre? Isn't this Disneyland's entire reason for existing? Why would they need a separate unit to attempt to achieve this goal??

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

We are at the strongest economy in a generation and many things are increasingly competing for the consumer dollar.

Attendance patterns can shift rapidly. I love the parks and I love being in them, but that can shift over time, the sparkle can be lost if people like Chapek continue to take the customer for granted.
                          And this is what going on with Bob Chapek and Disney Parks.........
                          they - Take the customer for Granted !
                          imo

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                            Isn't this Disneyland's entire raison d'etre? Isn't this Disneyland's entire reason for existing? Why would they need a separate unit to attempt to achieve this goal??
                            It seemingly used to be but over the last couple of decades they seem to have lost interest in customer retention and it's starting to show.

Comment

Walt was the Guest Advocacy department...
                              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                Does Disneyland have a Guest Advocacy Department? I have always wondered if they did as I know they do not seem to have much if a customer retention group for AP holder's anymore and Guest Services is only a reactive arm. I know Hospitals often have this for patience. It's basically a group that works on the customers behalf without any directive by management to better the customer experience they are often judged by customer surveys and their success is weighed on the success of programs they create. If management doesn't allow any of their programs they are not blamed for any downturn etc. Basically they are advocates with the directive to improve customer experience and retention beyond normal CS, sale and marketing. They are not there to increase sales or bodies in seats they are simply there to ensure the experience is one where the customer will want to return. If they do not have this department it would seem they would benefit greatly by having one.
                                It would be a great idea for DLR customers, but a non-starter for the marketeers running the place. Their M.O. is to find ways to increase profits by giving the customers incrementally less and charging incrementally more -- knowing that for every customer who quits, more are eager to take his place. Big profits and big crowds tell management that they needn't spend a dime on a Guest Advocacy Department.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X