Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Disneyland raise their prices again?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When will Disneyland raise their prices again?

    When do you think Disneyland's next price increase will happen? I thought they might increase the prices before ROTR but I guess they were afraid due to Smugglers Run's opening being such a flop. But since thats past I think this spring or maybe just before the Avengers campus opens but most of the passes will be blocked then so I can see Disney worry that any price increase might cause the Avengers opening to flop. But then again I don't see them not increasing prices this year but I can't think of when they can do it and cause minimal damage. So what do you think?
    18
    This winter
    16.67%
    3
    Spring
    50.00%
    9
    Summer
    27.78%
    5
    Fall
    5.56%
    1

  • #2
    Another point I failed to mention is Disney's problems in China. With Disney closing its doors there that has to put tremendous pressure on them here. Will they cut services and raise prices here to help with the ongoing losses in parks, merch and box office there?

    Comment


    • #3
      I think they definitely were hoping for a larger turn out this past month then they got and this might have put the price increase on hold. I expected them to do it in early January but they didn't leading me to believe the lower crowd levels are real indicators of the trend of guest volume going down not up year over year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Starcade View Post
        I think they definitely were hoping for a larger turn out this past month then they got and this might have put the price increase on hold. I expected them to do it in early January but they didn't leading me to believe the lower crowd levels are real indicators of the trend of guest volume going down not up year over year.
        Do you think its possible they may not have any increase this year? AP or day ticket.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't foresee a price increase this year. I believe the last price increase had some adverse effects.

          With that said, don't put anything past this current generation of Wall Street money grubbers.
          “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
          so many years of our own lives.”


          DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
          WDW Trips: '81
          EPCOT Trips: '93
          Tokyo DL Trips: '86

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stovk View Post

            With that said, don't put anything past this current generation of Wall Street money grubbers.
            $ You can bet your bottom Dollar $ !
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
              Do you think its possible they may not have any increase this year? AP or day ticket.
              Originally posted by stovk View Post
              I don't foresee a price increase this year. I believe the last price increase had some adverse effects.

              With that said, don't put anything past this current generation of Wall Street money grubbers.
              My Guess:
              It's going to happen this year, like it always does. Probably twice.

              The first increase will happen before Avengers Campus opens, with that being used as the 'official reason'. The second one will happen in the Fall/Holiday/new fiscal year, with the official reason being blamed on "crowds"

              I loathe inflation.

              Comment


              • #8
                Wrong thread.
                Last edited by Theme Park Chat; 02-07-2020, 11:44 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I thought Disney would have rise the price at the beging of the new year......
                  Now, I think they waiting
                  Avengers Campus to open........we see
                  But parks look like they did rise the price on Items and Food
                  as well cutting operation down , such as Entertainment
                  imo
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

                    Do you think its possible they may not have any increase this year? AP or day ticket.
                    Possible? Yes... Likely? Even more so ( they will, is what. meant.)
                    Last edited by Starcade; 02-11-2020, 12:49 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

                      Do you think its possible they may not have any increase this year? AP or day ticket.
                      Its a good question, Chapek is in a quandary. The economy is strong in the US, but attendance is a bit softer than they'd like after the last round of increases. He's getting blown out in China with a possible 2 month 2 park closure and broader risk if the contagion spreads. SW:GE is finally hitting a stride and the debut of droits and kinetic life is really helping the land (much to Chapek's chagrin). However, the new Star Wars trilogy is in of itself is weaker than it should have been (mostly poor writing and plot mostly) and Disney is looking to regroup the storylines to forget a lot of what was put out there and focus on the future with things like The Mandalorian.

                      Now Chapek's natural instinct would be the usual cheap outs, up-sells, and price increases... but we might be near at market top for Disney pricing at the moment. Rise of the Resistance is a hit, but that alone is not enough to raise prices. Marvel Campus is more of a shopping experience but as a consumer products guy, Chapek considers shopping to be a D or E level attraction, he doesn't "get" rides.

                      If there are price increases this year they'll be modest, but I'd guess they will wait until the effects of the coronavirus on the broader global economy are known before they make a move.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                        If there are price increases this year they'll be modest, but I'd guess they will wait until the effects of the coronavirus on the broader global economy are known before they make a move.
                        You may be right
                        IMO...there still be cut backs...in operation ...........
                        We have wait and see.......already the coronavirus effect Many Business globally.
                        which by itself will hit Disney hard..........
                        Note:
                        I even heard , were many movie theaters have close .......so it not just going to the parks.
                        Last edited by Eagleman; 02-08-2020, 10:46 PM.
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ask and you shall receive-

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CM08 View Post
                            Ask and you shall receive-
                            So, 2 new price tiers and a $5 increase overall per park.

                            Can't say I'm surprised they increased, I'm shocked they only increased it that much... hopefully no second increase later this year.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This modest increase is a testing of the waters. He knows the quandary he's in, so he wants to see how the market responds to this price increase. If attendance is strong regardless, expect another increase this year. They don't want to overshoot the mark and have negative customer reaction or an attendance drop off like they did before.

                              haha you can always count on Chapek!!! I knew he wanted it. The man just can't resist a cash grab. There are a lot of 4% increases which I guess he thinks is just an inflation adjustment. Splitting additional tiers is interesting adjustment. Further monetizing differences in the park. The lowest value days are the cheapest, like a mid week in September, while Saturday's remain the highest.



                              Last edited by Golden Zephyr; 02-11-2020, 06:29 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                When I started this thread last week I felt like there was a chance, but then I thought no, with the economy possibly going into a recession due to widespread fear of a global pandemic, nobody would be that greedy and stupid. Nobody except Chapek I guess.. Its time for a new poll.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Disney is out of their mind!!! 5 price tiers??? What is this, a concert?

                                  The increases aren't even that bad for the single day tickets. But 5 tiers?

                                  Really was hoping they'd finish 2020 with the current prices as a show of goodwill. Guess I was the one out of my mind.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Who in this group, or really any Disney fan is going to care? We’re still going to show up in droves and pay more for less. Why? FOMO. Disney is a pro at selling the idea that you’re totally missing out if you don’t come and do XYZ. Rise of the Resistance is operating at maybe 1/3 capacity and yet BGs are gone within a minute of park opening. Who else is going to pay for Shanghai and Hong Kong to be closed for months?

                                    I honestly believe that we’ll see another price increase before long - possibly after Avengers Campus opens. The one and only way I see this stopping is people voting with their wallets but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Tramp’s Lady View Post
                                      Who in this group, or really any Disney fan is going to care? We’re still going to show up in droves and pay more for less. Why? FOMO. Disney is a pro at selling the idea that you’re totally missing out if you don’t come and do XYZ. Rise of the Resistance is operating at maybe 1/3 capacity and yet BGs are gone within a minute of park opening. Who else is going to pay for Shanghai and Hong Kong to be closed for months?

                                      I honestly believe that we’ll see another price increase before long - possibly after Avengers Campus opens. The one and only way I see this stopping is people voting with their wallets but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
                                      You do realize last summer nobody showed up for the biggest expansion at Disneyland in over 20 years. Where was the FOMO then?
                                      Last edited by tarheelalum; 02-11-2020, 08:33 AM.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

                                        You do release last summer nobody showed up for the biggest expansion at Disneyland in over 20 years. Where was the FOMO then?
                                        That wasn't FOMO it was FOSILFEH (Fear Of Standing In Line For Eight Hours). But seriously it had to do more with Disney aggressively pushing block out dates in order to curb the crowds because their expectations for crowds were much higher than they were.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X