Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ghost ridden Smugglers Run, If so what happened?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Has anyone ghost ridden Smugglers Run, If so what happened?

A comment on another thread got me thinking... On TSMM and Buzz you can basically choose to just ride through it like a dark ride if you wish. I know it would require for all in your crew to want to go along but has anyone ever ridden Smuggler's Run and simply just sat in the seats and not put in any input? Or has anyone even just not pulled the handle to jump to light speed when prompted?

If so does the ride go into passive mode or does it just crash and shut down ending the ride prematurely or do you just ricochet off everything until the ride ends?

I am just curious if anyone knows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbikEDS7Mjs&t=318s ...a group went through without touching anything and recorded it. The MF flew itself, jumped to light speed, even got one coaxium and went through the whole story. Very low score.
    Last edited by sailor310; 02-06-2020, 01:55 PM.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

Comment

exactly as in the video. family and i did the same during reservation period. whats even more interesting is , I was able to land just pilots in the cabin with a friend and i.... and engineers and gunners become automated. Honda even says a line "only two of you? Well i guess that will do" or something like that.

Comment

What about single riders who want to just sit back, but are with a group who do man controls?
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor310 View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbikEDS7Mjs&t=318s ...a group went through without touching anything and recorded it. The MF flew itself, jumped to light speed, even got one coaxium and went through the whole story. Very low score.
          Excellent I was hoping this was the case.

Comment

I'm glad yo asked that, I don't want to "let people down" but, sat in the back first time and was not impressed and, I was very good at hitting the buttons without looking at it all the time, corner of the eye kind of thing but, did not feel I had much of an adventure...
            some screaming, some shooting...

I guess I expected it to be like a cross between Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours... it wasn't
            it was more like sitting in a movie in an earthquake behind someone in a big hat... while someone else yells at their kids

Comment

I don't touch anything while riding the ride. It actually, to me, makes the experience better. I still like Star Tours better though.
              "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "‚Äč This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X