Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagleman
    replied
    I grew up with Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm.........
    and I still think of Knott's ,as my 2nd Park !
    IMO

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied
    Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
    Interesting question: If DCA were not located next to Disneyland and stood on its own (like Knotts, Universal, Lego, Sea World, or Magic Mountain), how often would you go?
    At least once, just to see how it is.

After that, depending on what it cost to get in, I'd likely go one day out of a 4 day stay in SoCal.

I realize that the general consensus os that it's not a very good park but there were (and presumably, still are.....) things I like about it.

I doubt if I'd pay more that $50 to get in though.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Interesting question: If DCA were not located next to Disneyland and stood on its own (like Knotts, Universal, Lego, Sea World, or Magic Mountain), how often would you go?
    LOL..........good question-answer for me is not to often
    IMO

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaGirl12
    replied
    Originally posted by Jibrille View Post
    Sad about all the negativity for DCA . Our family loves it. Our favorite rides are Guardians and the Incredicoaster, Cars Land and Monsters Inc are also favs. Our kid loves Grizzly Rapids, Redwood Creek, and the Animation Academy. I was there opening year and I love it so much more now; I was so disappointed back when it launched. We miss Bugs Land, it was a family fav, but we are looking forward to Marvel Land. I adore Ariel too, so I miss her restaurant but at least I still have the ride. I just don't know what to say except positive things :/
    We are among the few (any?) who loved the original park. We've been going since opening and used to love the vibe (I loved hearing CA dreamin' by the Mamas and papas as you walked in the park), but as you can see from my ID, LOL, we're from California. I will admit that a large part of that old love is due to the fact that the park was blissfully empty and my kids could ride at will most of the time. Bugs land was awesome when they were little. The early DCA also had three of our family's favorite attractions: Screamer, ToT, and Soarin'. (IWe even used to like Maliboomer, LOL).

It's still one of my favorite Disney Parks, and I've been to all of them. It has 3 (or 4 when they are running Soarin' over CA) of my favorite Disney attractions:

DCA:
    Guardians
    Incredicoaster
    Radiator
    Soarin' (over CA only)

The most of any other park is 2 for favorite attractions:

DL:
    Space (with Hyperspace or GG overlay)
    Rise

AK:
    Flight of Passage
    Everest

Disney Hollywood Paris:
    Ratatouille

Shanghai:
    Pirates
    Tron

HK:
    Mystic

DisneySea:
    Journey

HS:
    Rise
    RRC

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
    they just started throwing random crap to the wall to see what would stick.
    Originally posted by micromind View Post

Lol....that's a good way to put it, I like it!

Sadly though, it's not far from the truth........
    and the company leadership ,accompanying with huge bonuses....$..... ......$....
    Last edited by Eagleman; 02-14-2020, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied
    Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
    they just started throwing random crap to the wall to see what would stick.
    Lol....that's a good way to put it, I like it!

Sadly though, it's not far from the truth........

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied

There are a few more, if you discount the ''lipstick" applied (several times in some cases): California Screamin', Sun Wheel, Soarin', Swings, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, Animation Exhibit, Hyperion Theatre -- "A rose by any other name..."
    Well there is Soarin' coming up on February 28th, but it's only temporarily.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySpaceAce
    replied
    I usually give Disney a little leeway, but yeah.... they managed to ALMOST get DCA there and then management changed and they just started throwing random crap to the wall to see what would stick.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    I guess I never realized, but the Grand opened a full month and a half before DCA?

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Thunder Trail View Post
    Let's all take a moment of silence to remember Burger Invasion.
    Well , just thinking about a Big Mac,
    I got sick !()!

LOL

Leave a comment:

• Big Thunder Trail
    replied
    Let's all take a moment of silence to remember Burger Invasion.

Leave a comment:

• Jibrille
    replied
    Sad about all the negativity for DCA . Our family loves it. Our favorite rides are Guardians and the Incredicoaster, Cars Land and Monsters Inc are also favs. Our kid loves Grizzly Rapids, Redwood Creek, and the Animation Academy. I was there opening year and I love it so much more now; I was so disappointed back when it launched. We miss Bugs Land, it was a family fav, but we are looking forward to Marvel Land. I adore Ariel too, so I miss her restaurant but at least I still have the ride. I just don't know what to say except positive things :/

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied
    Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
    The best attraction in DCA was Heimlich’s Chew-Chew...really...
    I liked Monsters Inc. and the Muppets. I thought both were well done from both an artistic and operational standpoint.

Plus, they were just plain fun!

Leave a comment:

• bayouguy
    replied
    The best attraction in DCA was Heimlich’s Chew-Chew...really...

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied
    Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    If you put someone in charge of theme parks that doesn’t understand anything about theme parks then you’re going to get mediocre results.
    This^^^^^^^^^^

Even worse is when the only thing they do know is how to fleece the guests and make huge profits.......and the accompanying huge bonuses.........

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    It’s heartbreaking that DCA was on the path to being a truly worthy second gate next to Disneyland and then it just.....didn’t get there. I was more excited for Phase II of the remodel of the park than I ever was for SW:GE, they were right there and then it was just questionable decision after questionable decision and it’s now all just kind of fallen flat.

If you put someone in charge of theme parks that doesn’t understand anything about theme parks then you’re going to get mediocre results. Which is exactly what happened.
    SADLY -That the Truth........

Leave a comment:

• Disney Adventure
    replied
    It’s heartbreaking that DCA was on the path to being a truly worthy second gate next to Disneyland and then it just.....didn’t get there. I was more excited for Phase II of the remodel of the park than I ever was for SW:GE, they were right there and then it was just questionable decision after questionable decision and it’s now all just kind of fallen flat.

If you put someone in charge of theme parks that doesn’t understand anything about theme parks then you’re going to get mediocre results. Which is exactly what happened.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Grizzly Peak, Buena Vista Street, and The Grand are AMAZING.... The rest of the park...

It's kind of like Adventureland and NOS... do we really need the rest?

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by micromind View Post
    seems like a lot of stuff i liked isn't there anymore and whatever (if anything) that replaced it isn't nearly as good.
    x2

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X