Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mickey and the Magical Map...time to go!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey and the Magical Map...time to go!

On May 25th, "Mickey and the Magical Map" will celebrate it's 7th year at the Fantasyland Theatre. As much as I enjoy this show (for what it's worth), I think it's time Disney gave us something new & fresh. Back in the 80's and 90's, Disney was always good about changing their stage shows every 3 or 4 years. In addition to giving us an elaborate Christmas stage show, as well, during the holidays. Perhaps "those days" are gone now, but it sure would be nice if we received an all-new variety stage show. Or even bring back one of their classics like, "One Man's Dream" or "Show Biz Is..." Has Disney lost the imagination to create something new on stage? I suppose having, "the map" is better than not having anything at all. So for that reason alone, I'm grateful. What do you think?
    DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Ugh - this shows time was up years ago. Like right after it debuted 😜

Comment

No way!!! Mickey & the Magical Map is an AWESOME show and needs to STAY!!! It always has a large crowd in the theater and the show has such great energy and songs. The only change I might make to the show is to add Lilo to the Lilo & Stitch scene. The dancers are all so great and full of energy and it makes you feel good seeing the show. Fantastic has been around for years so why can't Mickey & the Magical Map stick around. Keep it forever as far as I am concerned!

Comment

(MISINTERPRETED THIS THREAD) I don’t know if this IS an unpopular opinion- I LOVE The Magical Map! Sure the graphics on the map itself seemed dated, but I’d much rather update the show scenes then get rid of it entirely! Such a magical way to wait for a fast pass ;/ would be a shame if it was removed for nothing to replace it
        Last edited by Antonio Lopez; 02-09-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post
          Ugh - this shows time was up years ago. Like right after it debuted 😜
          LOL...I wouldn't go that far. For years, there wasn't any type of stage show at the Fantasyland Theatre. So when they created, "the map", it was very refreshing to see live theatre again on that stage!

DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Wiley-Drake View Post
            No way!!! Mickey & the Magical Map is an AWESOME show and needs to STAY!!! It always has a large crowd in the theater and the show has such great energy and songs. The only change I might make to the show is to add Lilo to the Lilo & Stitch scene. The dancers are all so great and full of energy and it makes you feel good seeing the show. Fantastic has been around for years so why can't Mickey & the Magical Map stick around. Keep it forever as far as I am concerned!
            I respect your feelings on the show. But the dancers to a new variety stage show could be just as great (if not better) and full of energy, as well. And if done correctly, bring in big crowds! I would even be OK if they changed, "the map", with different songs and dance numbers.

As for Fantasmic!, that show should have never been touched and "up-graded" as they did. The original show that lasted for nearly 25 years was PERFECT just the way it was. For me, they ruined it when they changed the musical score and some of the show scenes. The old saying is true, "if something is not broke, don't fix it!"
            DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Lopez View Post
              (MISINTERPRETED THIS THREAD) I don’t know if this IS an unpopular opinion- I LOVE The Magical Map! Sure the graphics on the map itself seemed dated, but I’d much rather update the show scenes then get rid of it entirely! Such a magical way to wait for a fast pass ;/ would be a shame if it was removed for nothing to replace it
              I would totally be fine if they changed and updated the show scenes! I even thought I read somewhere that this was supposed to happen from time to time, to keep it fresh. Not sure why it's never been done.
              DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

I'll go one step further and say retire the whole Fantasyland Theater to make way for a proper Fantasyland expansion. Probably not what most people around here want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                  I'll go one step further and say retire the whole Fantasyland Theater to make way for a proper Fantasyland expansion. Probably not what most people around here want to hear.
                  Or put on a GOOD SHOW.....worth seeing
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Or put on a GOOD SHOW.....worth seeing
                    I understand your sentiment, but at the same time there are multiple opportunities to enjoy live entertainment throughout Disneyland and DCA. The Fantasyland Theater is simply redundant. Most of the time when I walk by or observe it from the DL Railroad, the theater is either unused or there is a show playing to a mostly empty house (purely anecdotal on my part so maybe during the height of the summer or the holiday season it could be different). Still, I see it as a waste of valuable real estate. It should be razed to allow for a Fantasyland expansion. People have long been calling for attractions/themed areas for Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Tangled, Cinderella, etc., etc. Get rid of the theater and you would have all the space you need. Actually, you'd also have to get rid of Chapek! LOL

Comment

...Get rid of the theater and you would have all the space you need. Actually, you'd also have to get rid of Chapek! LOL
                      Right on both counts. From the "Wonder Bra theater" to today, that space has been a poor excuse for a Fantasyland attraction.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

I understand your sentiment, but at the same time there are multiple opportunities to enjoy live entertainment throughout Disneyland and DCA. The Fantasyland Theater is simply redundant.
                        I do agree.....
                        I never been that crazy , about the Fantasyland Tent like Theater anyway........
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Right on both counts. From the "Wonder Bra theater" to today, that space has been a poor excuse for a Fantasyland attraction.
                          Disneyland has enough attractions and far too few venues for entertainment. Although I enjoy the current show and would be sad to see it go, I would hope they continue using it as a stage for a new show. What a waste it was as a princess meet and greet. Turning it back into a theater was one of the few changes I’ve agreed with these last few years. I would think you would prefer what’s there now as compared to some money-grabbing concept Cheapak could come up with.

Comment

If I were a DLR bean counter, I'd wonder if producing a new stage show AND a Christmas stage show would allow hype to be brought back to the theater insomuch that the sales of food and beverage and merchandise would then see a raise. You could even throw the Christmas show on Fastpass if you really wanted to sell more Maxpass. Anyways, that'd be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post
                              ... I would think you would prefer what’s there now as compared to some money-grabbing concept Cheapak could come up with.
                              I would prefer the sort of high quality expansion of Fantasyland that Zorro advocates in his post above. But it's sadly true, the best we could hope for under the 2Bobs would be Cheaptastic.
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

I wish they could at least fix the animation... it has 'stuttered' since day one, as if a slow loading YouTube video.

Comment

The lack of costume changes for different scenes has always bothered me about this show. Why are the dancers still wearing a germanic looking outfit when they are under the sea and in Hawaii with Stitch?

Comment

We saw it once about 6 years ago and my both my girls have never wanted to go see it again in those 6 years. I ask them a couple of times a year if they are interested and they never want to see it. They feel it's a one and done show and would see something new but they are over "the Map show."

Comment

IMO-putting on New stage shows
                                      really is not Bob Chapek "thing"
                                      and
                                      entertainment , is at a new low at Disney Parks .
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I'd highly recommend that anyone that is in favor of it staying watch one of these videos.
                                        Both of these shows in Hong Kong and Paris were inspired by Magical Map, but have more characters, higher production value, and better effects.
                                        I'm in favor of an updated or a new show.
                                        Mickey and the Magician https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-t5OwG_YQ8
                                        Mickey and the Wonderous Book https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k3YVAsQvos

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X