Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mickey and the Magical Map...time to go!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GwenRowan
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post
    Ugh - this shows time was up years ago. Like right after it debuted 😜
    I have to agree, we loved Aladdin and saw it several times

the Magical Map... reminded me of CASP
    trying too hard and, and weirdly lacking
    or the Mickey dance party...

make it loud and lively and.. people will love it, right?
    no matter it if makes no sense and is just a rearrangement of earlier programs

in fact, dance party fell further by taking the marvelous variety of Disney theme music and making it sound all the same...

it was fun to watch the audience, mostly.. not engaged, looking around to see if they were the only ones...
    and drifting away...

something people can't do at magical map without feeling conspicuous

Leave a comment:

• DarthAP
    replied
    I haven’t seen Mickey and the Magical Map since 2014 and recently, I watched the show, completely forgetting how good the show was. It reminded me of an updated version of Animazement. I could see an update with characters from Frozen, Moana, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I'd definitely be OK with Disney removing the Fantasyland Theatre and expanding Fantasyland with new attractions! That would be amazing, and I'd be much happier with that than Star Wars Land. However, with that being said, I'd only want this to happen if another venue was made for stage shows. I would LOVE for them to bring back the Space Stage, where all Disney stage shows used to perform back in the 70's & 80's. Open it up to an outdoor theatre again and bring back the glory of it all.
    Just curious - we have the Hyperion Theater at DCA and a certain minor thing called Fantasmic at DL plus the minor scale stuff at Princess Fantasy Faire. Is there really a need for another venue for stage shows?

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I would LOVE for them to bring back the Space Stage, where all Disney stage shows used to perform back in the 70's & 80's. Open it up to an outdoor theatre again and bring back the glory of it all.
    Seeing any kind of a new state of the Art ,STAGE in not in the near future !
    SADLY - Chapek have slash Entertainment Budgets
    I for
    bringing back the glory of it all too .
    But Bob Chapek is not -IMO

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFunGuy
    replied
    I'd definitely be OK with Disney removing the Fantasyland Theatre and expanding Fantasyland with new attractions! That would be amazing, and I'd be much happier with that than Star Wars Land. However, with that being said, I'd only want this to happen if another venue was made for stage shows. I would LOVE for them to bring back the Space Stage, where all Disney stage shows used to perform back in the 70's & 80's. Open it up to an outdoor theatre again and bring back the glory of it all.

Leave a comment:

• nickdean707
    replied
    I'd highly recommend that anyone that is in favor of it staying watch one of these videos.
    Both of these shows in Hong Kong and Paris were inspired by Magical Map, but have more characters, higher production value, and better effects.
    I'm in favor of an updated or a new show.
    Mickey and the Magician https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-t5OwG_YQ8
    Mickey and the Wonderous Book https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k3YVAsQvos

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    IMO-putting on New stage shows
    really is not Bob Chapek "thing"
    and
    entertainment , is at a new low at Disney Parks .

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    We saw it once about 6 years ago and my both my girls have never wanted to go see it again in those 6 years. I ask them a couple of times a year if they are interested and they never want to see it. They feel it's a one and done show and would see something new but they are over "the Map show."

Leave a comment:

• zugzug15
    replied
    The lack of costume changes for different scenes has always bothered me about this show. Why are the dancers still wearing a germanic looking outfit when they are under the sea and in Hawaii with Stitch?

Leave a comment:

• CM08
    replied
    I wish they could at least fix the animation... it has 'stuttered' since day one, as if a slow loading YouTube video.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post
    ... I would think you would prefer what’s there now as compared to some money-grabbing concept Cheapak could come up with.
    I would prefer the sort of high quality expansion of Fantasyland that Zorro advocates in his post above. But it's sadly true, the best we could hope for under the 2Bobs would be Cheaptastic.

Leave a comment:

• kbilzy33
    replied
    If I were a DLR bean counter, I'd wonder if producing a new stage show AND a Christmas stage show would allow hype to be brought back to the theater insomuch that the sales of food and beverage and merchandise would then see a raise. You could even throw the Christmas show on Fastpass if you really wanted to sell more Maxpass. Anyways, that'd be interesting...

Leave a comment:

• Ttgal4
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Right on both counts. From the "Wonder Bra theater" to today, that space has been a poor excuse for a Fantasyland attraction.
    Disneyland has enough attractions and far too few venues for entertainment. Although I enjoy the current show and would be sad to see it go, I would hope they continue using it as a stage for a new show. What a waste it was as a princess meet and greet. Turning it back into a theater was one of the few changes I’ve agreed with these last few years. I would think you would prefer what’s there now as compared to some money-grabbing concept Cheapak could come up with.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post

I understand your sentiment, but at the same time there are multiple opportunities to enjoy live entertainment throughout Disneyland and DCA. The Fantasyland Theater is simply redundant.
    I do agree.....
    I never been that crazy , about the Fantasyland Tent like Theater anyway........

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    ...Get rid of the theater and you would have all the space you need. Actually, you'd also have to get rid of Chapek! LOL
    Right on both counts. From the "Wonder Bra theater" to today, that space has been a poor excuse for a Fantasyland attraction.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Or put on a GOOD SHOW.....worth seeing
    I understand your sentiment, but at the same time there are multiple opportunities to enjoy live entertainment throughout Disneyland and DCA. The Fantasyland Theater is simply redundant. Most of the time when I walk by or observe it from the DL Railroad, the theater is either unused or there is a show playing to a mostly empty house (purely anecdotal on my part so maybe during the height of the summer or the holiday season it could be different). Still, I see it as a waste of valuable real estate. It should be razed to allow for a Fantasyland expansion. People have long been calling for attractions/themed areas for Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Tangled, Cinderella, etc., etc. Get rid of the theater and you would have all the space you need. Actually, you'd also have to get rid of Chapek! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    I'll go one step further and say retire the whole Fantasyland Theater to make way for a proper Fantasyland expansion. Probably not what most people around here want to hear.
    Or put on a GOOD SHOW.....worth seeing

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    I'll go one step further and say retire the whole Fantasyland Theater to make way for a proper Fantasyland expansion. Probably not what most people around here want to hear.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFunGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Antonio Lopez View Post
    (MISINTERPRETED THIS THREAD) I don’t know if this IS an unpopular opinion- I LOVE The Magical Map! Sure the graphics on the map itself seemed dated, but I’d much rather update the show scenes then get rid of it entirely! Such a magical way to wait for a fast pass ;/ would be a shame if it was removed for nothing to replace it
    I would totally be fine if they changed and updated the show scenes! I even thought I read somewhere that this was supposed to happen from time to time, to keep it fresh. Not sure why it's never been done.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFunGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Wiley-Drake View Post
    No way!!! Mickey & the Magical Map is an AWESOME show and needs to STAY!!! It always has a large crowd in the theater and the show has such great energy and songs. The only change I might make to the show is to add Lilo to the Lilo & Stitch scene. The dancers are all so great and full of energy and it makes you feel good seeing the show. Fantastic has been around for years so why can't Mickey & the Magical Map stick around. Keep it forever as far as I am concerned!
    I respect your feelings on the show. But the dancers to a new variety stage show could be just as great (if not better) and full of energy, as well. And if done correctly, bring in big crowds! I would even be OK if they changed, "the map", with different songs and dance numbers.

As for Fantasmic!, that show should have never been touched and "up-graded" as they did. The original show that lasted for nearly 25 years was PERFECT just the way it was. For me, they ruined it when they changed the musical score and some of the show scenes. The old saying is true, "if something is not broke, don't fix it!"

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X