• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Resort Price Increase w/Price Table

Here are the new prices effective 2/11

Single and multi-day tickets:
    Ticket Type Original New
    1 Day – 1 Park $104, 129, 149 (Value, Regular, Peak) $104, 114, 124, 139, 154 (Tiers 1 – 5)
    1 Day – Park Hopper $154, 179, 199 (Value, Regular, Peak) $159, 169, 179, 194, 209 (Tiers 1 – 5)
    2 Day $225 $235
    2 Day with Park Hopper $280 $290
    3 Day $300 $310
    3 Day with Park Hopper $355 $365
    4 Day $325 $340
    4 Day with Park Hopper $380 $395
    5 Day $340 $360
    5 Day with Park Hopper $395 $415
    Annual Passes:
    Pass Type Original New
    Select $399 $419
    Flex $599 $649
    Deluxe $799 $829
    Signature $1149 $1199
    Signature Plus $1399 $1449
    Premier $2099 $2119
    Average Price increases were about 4%.

Park hopper is now $55 instead of $50

Interesting adding a 5th day is still $20, but the effect of price hopper has a distorting effect.

They are likely testing the waters to see how the market responds. Will be interesting to see more information on the new Tier system.
    Last edited by Golden Zephyr; 02-11-2020, 05:36 AM.

To add: Maxpass is $20/day/person or $125 to add to your AP.

I don't think the park ticket increases will be enough to stem the crowds, it's not a large enough increase for most to care.

Comment

WDW already uses a tier system, even on the hoppers. The price you pay per day is based on the price of your 1st day (as selected on a pricing calendar so it behooves you to select a 'cheaper' day as your first park day. I'm glad DL decided to only 'tier' the 1 day tickets. I do think it may make the teeniest difference (but probably that noticeable) as far as people choosing a 'tier 1 day' vs a 'tier 5 day'. $50.00 is a noticeable difference in price.
      Last edited by Stormy; 02-11-2020, 11:05 AM.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Golden Zephyr Thanks so much for taking the time to chart this all out. It's very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
          Golden Zephyr Thanks so much for taking the time to chart this all out. It's very helpful.
          X2.......good jobGolden Zephyr
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Great chart, thanks for making it!

Not too thrilled that Maxpass keeps going up.

Comment

I'm not thrilled about Max Pass prices going up. $10/person per day was a great price. I could stomach it at $15/person per day. But at $20/person per day, for a family of 4 like ours, that's now an extra $80/day of additional cost added onto the base price of the ticket. BOOO!!

On future trips, we'll probably just do Max Pass for 1 day instead of every day of the trip.

Comment

Should have known.....
                When Disney add attractions to fast pass......price of max pass goes up
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I'm going to say something that is perhaps controversial, but I agree with their increase in the pricing on MaxPass. Anyone who has visited the parks on peak days recently knows (1) the Fastpass system is overloaded, and (2) it is basically impossible to ride all the good rides without Max Pass. With demand so high, Disney is either hoping that fewer people will use MaxPass or that they'll at least be able to make more money from it. It's not ideal, but perhaps this is one way to ease the burden of long FastPass lines, which have undoubtedly gotten out of hand in the past few years. I'll be keeping my eye on this to see how it goes.

Comment

Max Pass-
                    Pay to cut in line...........
                    But- Most theme parks have them now!

Fast Lane is Cedar Fair's version (Knott's Berry Farm ) of a virtual queuesystem.
                    For $50, visitors get a wrist band which gives them the ability
                    to get to the front of the line on the park's most popular attractions.

My Opinion, I do not like them
                    they just another way to Money Grab !
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                      I'm going to say something that is perhaps controversial, but I agree with their increase in the pricing on MaxPass. Anyone who has visited the parks on peak days recently knows (1) the Fastpass system is overloaded, and (2) it is basically impossible to ride all the good rides without Max Pass. With demand so high, Disney is either hoping that fewer people will use MaxPass or that they'll at least be able to make more money from it. It's not ideal, but perhaps this is one way to ease the burden of long FastPass lines, which have undoubtedly gotten out of hand in the past few years. I'll be keeping my eye on this to see how it goes.
                      No offense but seriously? I’m tired of the argument that “they had no choice but to raise prices to therefore cut demand due to so much popularity”.

Someone’s been drinking the kool aid I mean mint juleps.

Seriously folks. Facts - attendance was up a SCANT 2% on the heels on TWO HISTORIC additions to their U S parks - new attractions etc . 2%? That’s horrible. So how can you justify your argument that popularity is driving up prices to mute demand. C’ mon.

Further - now that we are forced to constantly “check our phones for ride availability” don’t you see that too as further degrading the experience? Hence the parks eliminating theming etc simply because you won’t notice detail / who has time to? No I don’t like an app running my park experience by forcing me to gaze at my fing phone all day...open and tap my phone and every attraction entrance and allow Disney to track me via location services...

How can anyone think these new ways of controlling our experience is a great thing? A huge part of Disney’s creation was done based on spontaneity and curiosity. With the recent forced uses of the App has ruined and forever changed the way we experience the parks.
                      Last edited by Disneyidol; 02-11-2020, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post
                        Seriously folks. Facts - attendance was up a SCANT 2% on the heels on TWO HISTORIC additions to their U S parks - new attractions etc . 2%? That’s horrible. So how can you justify your argument that popularity is driving up prices to mute demand. C’ mon.
                        By your own admission, attendance has INCREASED, not decreased.

Comment

Pips & Eagleman
                          You are both most welcome

It will be interesting to look at the Tier calendar to see what it all means

Comment

I remember seeing Magic Mountain's version of MaxPass for sale at the ticketbooths .....like 2 decades ago. I thought .... Oh, the day will never come Disney charges for FastPass.

Stupid me!

And I never thought I'd see the day there would be a pricing structure that makes a visit more expensive than other days.

It's become increasingly complicating. Increasingly expensive .... and increasing people's patience as spontaneity goes out the window, and going to a theme park becomes too planned out, from one hour to the next.
                            MY SIGNATURE:
                            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                              Pips & Eagleman
                              You are both most welcome

It will be interesting to look at the Tier calendar to see what it all means
                              TIER.....LOL .....all means $$$$$
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by spinycactus View Post
                                I'm not thrilled about Max Pass prices going up. $10/person per day was a great price. I could stomach it at $15/person per day. But at $20/person per day, for a family of 4 like ours, that's now an extra $80/day of additional cost added onto the base price of the ticket. BOOO!!

On future trips, we'll probably just do Max Pass for 1 day instead of every day of the trip.
                                This is my thought to Maxpass at 20 dollars a day has a big impact on me, family of 4 usually 3 days in the park per trip that's an extra 240 dollars. Yes I know it's an add on I don't need but it really is a game changer for the amount of attractions you can ride and help your day be more relaxing.
                                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                                  Oh, the day will never come Disney charges for FastPass..
                                  Did I miss the announcement that FastPass is being discontinued? And the only option is now the paid MaxPass?

Comment

We have Max Pass on our AP's we used FastPass before that ( I would traverse the park to get them while my wife would wait with the kids in a line somewhere, we had a system lol! ) That being said I am the first to say FP and MP are detrimental to the overall park experience for guest on average. It makes stand by times horrendous for those not able to afford MP's and adds an obstacle for those wanting to get timely FP's. Unfortunately the guests that can barely afford to enter the park and therefore often do not have MP are also the guests that do not get visit as frequently. I would prefer not spending the money and just wait in a normal unobstructed traditional queue with everyone else. Sadly with all the falsely inflated wait times because of F/MP's we feel the only option is to buy the MP's and jump through the hoops before us. Soon my kids will be teens and they are already showing signs of Disneyland being less and less exiting to them so we only have maybe 2-3 years left where they will still enjoy going with their parents so we are in while the family is on board. Because of this closing window though simply avoiding the parks ( voting with our wallets ) is not really an option but after they become fully disenchanted it is seriously something we will consider.

Comment

My one and only complaint is about maxpass going up, and that's because cast members don't get the option for a 125 dollar addon for the year. I'd gladly pay that much versus 20 dollars each time . Gonna have to twice about buying it when i go each time now :/

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                                        By your own admission, attendance has INCREASED, not decreased.
                                        So you feel a 2% increase at its Parks overall is really an increase? 2%? 2% with Galaxys Edge opening? ROTR open at one of their parks during the quarter? 2%?

Thats negligible by any metric considering their capital investments at two of their signature parks.

I recall participating and debating that attendance for the last quarter was tough and the arguers repeatedly cited “fear of crowds”, “delayed plans to visit BC of the enormous pent up fears of gate clogging crowds BC of GE opening”. Well now their PREMIERE one of kind best in class attraction is wide open. Is Disneyland packed as a result? No. Is the boarding group system for ROTR forcing guests to not ride BTMRR? You get what I mean.

I was just at DL 10 days ago. After the 8am boarding group avails - throngs of guests walk right out of the gates at 8:30 am. Oh well that’s great for those of us that get a BG for ROTR but over time - this ticketing system will result in further layoffs and cut backs at the other attractions. Now you can look at the effects of the BG another way. Let’s say they stop the BG system. Will that get guests to stay at the parks more and wait out their ride chances? The BG is exciting to those that get that golden ticket but a total negative let down for those that don’t. Suddenly it makes the rest of the park worth less and value less if the most desired attraction overreaches the importance of let’s say PoTC.

The new price system, the focus on your APP versus the views and queues, the obsession to use MaxPass etc forever alters the guest experience at Disneyland. Don’t you get it? The APP and MaxPass take over the experience and focus the guest on obsessing on the attraction. To me ALL of Disneyland is an attraction. The trains, the rivers, movement, hidden gems, views, all of it. Digitizing the experience by not only MONETIZING the way we wait for attractions dulls the enthusiasm and fascination. While none of us ever want to wait for anything these days - I strongly feel reasonable waiting is worth the experience. With BG’s and Max Pass obsessing it only adds to the guests anxiety over their stay and up’s the importance of some attractions while diminishing others.

While I have and use the MaxPass system on my pass / and when the parks ARE NOT CROWDED then I can almost ride nearly every attraction as a result. But now when I leave I realize I spent an exorbitant amount of time on my phone in their app and not enjoying the parks the way I used to. It’s changed my experience a lot.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X