Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a website to help figure out when your boarding group will be called

http://boardingpassqueue.com/

The idea is to look at when boarding groups were called in previous days. You can figure out if the ride is currently operating better or worse than usual, or if your backup group is likely to be called that day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rotrscreenshot1.png
Views:	814
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	8612979

If I can make a few suggestions if you really want to help people out. Add 3 more columns, 1 earliest time, 2 latest time. 3 average time.

Comment

Gone are the days of just going to the Park, getting in line, and enjoying the day.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to create something helpful like this and sharing it with all of us! Next time I go to the park and have a boarding group, I'll reference this and see how close the estimated time presented got to when my actual boarding group was called, as I enjoy my day.
        Last edited by Blurr; 02-12-2020, 08:40 AM.
        "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams View Post
          Gone are the days of just going to the Park, getting in line, and enjoying the day.
          You do realize there is a substantial number of Disneyland visitors who consider "getting in line" and "enjoying the day" to be completely contrary concepts...right?

Comment

Originally posted by CMARSH View Post

You do realize there is a substantial number of Disneyland visitors who consider "getting in line" and "enjoying the day" to be completely contrary concepts...right?
            Only the ones glued to their mobile devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams View Post
              I agree. Although it's nice someone took their time to create something to help people out, just look at what Disneyland has become. It's a sad day when you need a spreadsheet, timetables, and your phone just to go on a ride. Sort of takes the *Magic* out of the Park.
              We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
              The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post
                just look at what Disneyland has become. It's a sad day when you need a spreadsheet, timetables, and your phone just to go on a ride. Sort of takes the *Magic* out of the Park.
                I laughing _I feel you are right !
                I go to park to relax and enjoy.

It should not be a place , were one get stress out((()))
                why I keep my phone off .........
                IMO
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15 View Post
                  If I can make a few suggestions if you really want to help people out. Add 3 more columns, 1 earliest time, 2 latest time. 3 average time.
                  Definitely been on my mind. I tried to make it easy to see the best and worst times by highlighting them in green and red respectively.

I'm worried an average won't be very meaningful while the variance in call times is still so high and we don't have many data points. For example, if I know boarding group 60 was called at say, 4pm, 4:03pm, and 7pm, is the average of 5:01pm that useful? Also, if a group wasn't called at all some days, how would I factor that into an average?

What might be more useful would be median/quartiles. So for example I might say something like '25% of the time your group is called before 4:05pm, 50% of the time your group is called before 5:20pm, and 75% of the time your group is called before 8pm, and then there's a 15% of not getting called at all'

But until I get more data points and the ride starts performing more consistently, I'd rather avoid doing any fancy aggregation and just present the basic facts.

Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams
                  Every day the ride goes down for at least an hour, often multiple times, and usually it goes down multiple times. On Monday there was a three hour gap between group 79 and 80. I think Disney would let us queue if the the ride working reliably, but I think they're afraid of dealing with a long standby queue while long breakdowns are still common.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillipnotphil View Post
                    Every day the ride goes down for at least an hour, often multiple times, and usually it goes down multiple times. On Monday there was a three hour gap between group 79 and 80. I think Disney would let us queue if the the ride working reliably, but I think they're afraid of dealing with a long standby queue while long breakdowns are still common.
                    Excellent point, sadly this is what guests have to realize about Rise... With how far WDI / Disney pushed the type of tech used, it's not just reliable to even run a full park operating day (8am to 12midnight). I'm still surprised they would risk capacity so much, but just my opinion. I know I'm not a multibillion dollar company.

Thank you for creating the website!!
                    Last edited by CM08; 02-13-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Good show taking some initiative, creating this helps you on your way to 10,000 hours to greatness... but thrill data has this pretty well nailed down also
                      https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/at...theresistance/

Comment

Thrilldata definitely has some cool features that I don't have. On the other hand, their site is not mobile friendly, is much more confusing to read, and it doesn't take into account park operating hours (which have a huge effect on how many groups can be called in a day).

I think if you're curious about long-term trends, that site is useful. But if you just want to know when group 71 is likely to be called, I think my site presents that information much better.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X