Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is the Fantasmic! dragon broken?

We watched Fantismic! the 14th. I haven't seen it in a while, but there used to be a huge animatronic dragon that sprayed fire and set the river on fire. Friday night all we got was a projection of a dragon on a water screen. Is this the new normal, or has the dragon broken down?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

This is usually a major refurb month for fan, I'd imagine it's just getting a refurb and will be back soon.

Comment

Murphy is still a regular part of F!...hopefully just a temporary glitch.

Comment

History Note:
        Murphy ( Murphy Law) D
        ragon had initial problems before a scheduled debut date and was unable to operate on said date.
        The new dragon premiered on September 1, 2009.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Thanks gang! Part of my confusion was that back in the day, when Murphy would break down, it would be all over this site. Perhaps it's because he didn't slump over in the middle of a show like last time.
          Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
          Mark Twain

Comment

I've seen Fantasmic! twice in the last 2 weeks and both times there was no "real" dragon. In the "good ol' days", they just kept Maleficent up during the entire scene, and she was the one who set the river on fire. I prefer that over the weak projection dragon they're using now, because you can barely make it out.
            DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

We see how long .........
              hopefully just a temporary glitch....
              but can not help think ,this can be show cut-back= time will tell
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

That damn dragon never works. When it first debuted I thought it was going to be amazing, but now I think I prefer the old dragon head on a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                  That damn dragon never works. When it first debuted I thought it was going to be amazing, but now I think I prefer the old dragon head on a stick.
                  Since they got the new (2017) dragon, there have been a lot less issues.

Comment

As of 2/28 the Dragon is back and full functional! Hasn't been breathing fire due to wind conditions on show nights, but she's never looked so majestic! ^_^

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X