Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA's Red Car Trolley Return Date?

Wikipedia currently has April 1, 2020. I recall looking on Disneyland.com and that date matched for the return of the trolley. But Disney was quick to get rid of that, Wikipedia did too for a while, but now Wikipedia says the reopening is scheduled for April 1, 2020. The trolley closed last year on April 1, 2019. So is this likely to return in April?
    An Aspiring Walt Disney Imagineer.

Originally posted by rld275501 View Post
    Wikipedia currently has April 1, 2020. I recall looking on Disneyland.com and that date matched for the return of the trolley. But Disney was quick to get rid of that, Wikipedia did too for a while, but now Wikipedia says the reopening is scheduled for April 1, 2020. The trolley closed last year on April 1, 2019. So is this likely to return in April?
    April 1st schedule will be up at Midnight PST. You can find out then for sure but its not supposed to open until Avengers Campus opens in summer.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

What I would like to know is, will Disney bring back the "Red Car News Boys" once the Trolley is back? It's true, once the Trolley left, the show lost it's luster! But it's always been a great little variety show, and would love for it to return.
      DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Checked the April 1st schedule. RCT is still on the refurb list so we'll definitely see it again when Avengers Campus opens.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
        Indy Ride Count: 2211
        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
          What I would like to know is, will Disney bring back the "Red Car News Boys" once the Trolley is back? It's true, once the Trolley left, the show lost it's luster! But it's always been a great little variety show, and would love for it to return.
          I miss the SHOW more - "Red Car News Boys"
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I wasn’t a fan of the techno newsy beat in 1930s time period, but I might be over critical and only saw it like 8 years ago. I do miss the trolly! It’s my avatar for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
              I wasn’t a fan of the techno newsy beat in 1930s time period, but I might be over critical and only saw it like 8 years ago. I do miss the trolly! It’s my avatar for crying out loud.
              Geee
              I recall the "OLD"
              Pacific Electric red trolley cars in the 50's....when I was very little in Long Beach CA.
              so it was nice bring back from history attraction features replicas.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Geee
                I recall the "OLD"
                Pacific Electric red trolley cars in the 50's....when I was very little in Long Beach CA.
                so it was nice bring back from history attraction features replicas.
                Great that you remember them. It's weird to think that the PE had more track miles than there are freeway miles! They were ubiquitous in and around LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                  Great that you remember them. It's weird to think that the PE had more track miles than there are freeway miles! They were ubiquitous in and around LA.
                  I surprise ,I do remember them.........Being that little
                  also recall Long Beach was a Big Navy town as well ......
                  But your right.......and Today many of the area routes is use for transporting now......
                  like the Blue Line.......amazing how old I'M
                  I now part of History as well ....good or bad ?
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Yes, I think the Expo line now goes to Santa Monica using the Red Car track. There was a website that had a lot of old pictures, you can probably google old red car tracks or something. You can just scroll around On google maps and see where the old tracks were (weird building angles and tunnels etc).

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                      Yes, I think the Expo line now goes to Santa Monica using the Red Car track. There was a website that had a lot of old pictures, you can probably google old red car tracks or something. You can just scroll around On google maps and see where the old tracks were (weird building angles and tunnels etc).
                      Well they still got Buildings were the stations was on PCH.........such as Huntington Beach and Newport Beach
                      they now landmarks ,Balboa Pavilion is one of them
                      PE Red Car lines

that used to criss-cross Los Angeles , Pacific City ceded enormous power to railroad magnate HENRY R.HUNTINGTON
                      , and thus became a city of Huntington Beach CA. whose name has been written into corporate sponsorship, and like much of the history of Southern California
                      Last edited by Eagleman; 02-20-2020, 09:54 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X