Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will Disney's losses in China effect park operations at Disneyland.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Chapek started serious budget slashing in response to the lack of summer crowds at DLR -- but when the crowds returned, he didn't restore the CM staffing, live entertainment, in-service ride vehicle numbers, parking structure staffing and other customer service items to their pre-cutback levels. By the same token, it's doubtful that his latest round of budget-slashing will be fully reversed after the Asian parks reopen.
    IMO
    I'M doubtful the slashing will be fully reversed , for Long ,Long Time
    with the ,today Leadership at Disney
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I don't see why this whole China thing would affect Disneyland. I think any issues happening over here are due to SW crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Emrakul View Post
        I don't see why this whole China thing would affect Disneyland. I think any issues happening over here are due to SW crowds.
        Because the parks* are under the same branch, alongside the Cruises, Non-Park Travel Properties and Disney Stores. Meaning the overall revenue of this division is down, with the 2 resorts being closed. Hence, why its hitting stateswide.

*Tokyo Disney Resort is owned by the Oriental Land Company, but Disney still receives revenue via the liscensing.

Current comparison to the closure of Tokyo Disney Resort from the 2011 Earthquake Closure:

Number of days Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Ambassador Hotel, and Toyko Disneyland Hotel were closed: 35 Days (AKA 5 weeks)

Number of days TDR's Cirque de Soleil were closed: 43 Days (AKA 6 weeks, 1 day)

Number of Days Tokyo DisneySea and TDS Hotel Mira Costa were closed: 48 Days (AKA 6 weeks, 6 days)

Current number of days Shanghai Disneyland has been closed: 28 Days (AKA 4 weeks)

Current number of days Hong Kong Disneyland has been closed: 27 Days (AKA 3 weeks, 6 days)

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Current number of days Hong Kong Disneyland has been closed: 27 Days (AKA 3 weeks, 6 days)

Wasn't HK closed also due to riots? Did they reopen it?

Comment

The Diamond Princess is showing that the Coronavirus spreads exponentially fast in a cruise ship. It is very likely that people just hold off on cruises, planes, hotels and themparks this summer. People might just Stay-Cation this time around.

Comment

World Travel Market ,will be down.........what I read on the News
              Now there concern for the Summer - Olympic Games in Tokyo
              they still hoping........
              Sound like many Family's going be taken a different type vacation's....
              than going to parks.
              Last edited by Eagleman; 02-22-2020, 09:21 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
                The Diamond Princess is showing that the Coronavirus spreads exponentially fast in a cruise ship. It is very likely that people just hold off on cruises, planes, hotels and themparks this summer. People might just Stay-Cation this time around.
                First of all none of us know where this situation is going but clearly it’s getting worse. Me and my family literally spray ourselves/hands with Purrell after touching ANYTHING at Disneyland as it is. I myself throw all my clothes into the washer when I get home. The resort is a frickin’ Petrie Dish as it is - clearly ALL PUBLIC spots will most certainly get affected as this drags on each day.

You’d think that as Disneyland upgrades things like restrooms etc they’d remove the stupid door handles or surface exposure points since 30-50,000 people can be at DLR on any particular day. One thing they could do today is remove those stupid AIR HAND DRYERS that have been proven to be clinically dangerous for making bacteria and e-coli airborne. Gross!

I personally hear that this next week things are gonna get bleaker as the international community seriously steps up travel restrictions and more and more isolations.

Comment

Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
                  And that could be anywhere if this thing keeps spreading. Just image if Disneyland has a situation where a person goes to the parks and stays for a few days while they are infected and gives it to a bunch of people. Some people don't show any symptoms so you can't tell if they are sick. There has been other viral breakouts there in the recent past but once something like the coronavirus hits the media, the parks will become a ghost land. Pretty much any place where people are crowded together will also. And that will cost a lot of businesses a lot of money and seriously hurt our economy.

I had planned to take my family to Tokyo Disneyland this fall but with so many people getting infected in that part of the world, there is no way we are going anywhere near there this year. We have been considering buying the signature passes again at Disneyland since Tokyo is a no go, but I want to wait a while to see how this coronavirus plays out here before I spend thousands of dollars on passes. I'm concerned this could get much worse here and if so, I don't want to my family to be in a crowded theme park in close proximity to thousands of other people every day for a week.
                  Last edited by tarheelalum; 02-23-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

.......My Concern would be Family First..........than money or any parks
                    Situation clearly it’s getting worse.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Emrakul View Post

Wasn't HK closed also due to riots? Did they reopen it?
                      HK was never shut down from the riots. The park's attendance plunged from the riots.

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post
                      You’d think that as Disneyland upgrades things like restrooms etc they’d remove the stupid door handles or surface exposure points since 30-50,000 people can be at DLR on any particular day. One thing they could do today is remove those stupid AIR HAND DRYERS that have been proven to be clinically dangerous for making bacteria and e-coli airborne. Gross!
                      Today's Disneyland Restrooms are built with a 20 year life expectancy. This is why DCA 2.0 did not update the park's opening original restrooms.

So at least DCA's should be renovating soon!
                      Last edited by Spongeocto4; 02-23-2020, 03:48 PM. Reason: Last minute post editing

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post
                        Why is the door to the Plaza Inn restrooms never open? And why did they completely get rid of paper towels in the GE restrooms? Those are the two most obvious issues for me.

Comment

AIR HAND DRYERS does not work for me.......clinically dangerous
                          getting to point to bring your own towels I((((((""""
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Speaking of air dryers, I just got back from DL, and OMG, whose bright idea was it to install new air dryers in the Adventureland bathroom RIGHT ABOVE THE SINKS?? So every time I try to wash my hands I get blasted directly in the face by disgusting germy air and water droplets from people's hands who are drying their hands right above me. Absolutely disgusting!! I use that restroom all the time but now I might have to try and avoid it just because of this boneheaded decision.

Comment

Summaries of the 2018 University of Connecticut study...

Here's The Gross Truth About Bathroom Hand Dryers

Hand Dryers in Public Bathrooms Are Spreading Bacteria Everywhere
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                DANG-RIGHT.......
                                Disney saving money on
                                paper towels
                                Same time spreading Bacteria Everywhere(((((...this is WRONG !
                                other study found that hot air dryers had the capacity to increase the bacterial count on the skin, and that paper towel drying decreased skin bacterial count.
                                This is corroborated by another study which found that the mechanical action of paper towel drying removed bacteria, something air dryers cannot do.

I sure Disney "PR" spin ....is how they saving the trees
                                Last edited by Eagleman; 02-24-2020, 08:50 PM.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Updated Closure numbers:

Current number of days Shanghai Disneyland has been closed: 32 Days (AKA 1 month, 1 day)

Current number of days Hong Kong Disneyland has been closed: 31 Days (AKA 1 month)

Both Shanghai and Hong Kong are both approaching Tokyo Disneyland's record of 35 days closed. Tokyo DisneySea still holds the record of longest emergency* park closure, with 48 Days

*Not counting River Country permanent closure or the seasonal closures of Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach.
                                  Last edited by Spongeocto4; 02-24-2020, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coconutcrab
                                    I agree with Poster #2. Also, I really don't understand why the speculation? NO BODY here knows what DISN will do...speculation will just start rumors.
                                    Welcome to.....nah, forget it. Don't want to get sent to the litter box.
                                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Classic cheap Chapek move. Install air dyers to save money on paper towels. Who cares if people get sick as long as Disneyland saves a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                                        Classic cheap Chapek move. Install air dyers to save money on paper towels. Who cares if people get sick as long as Disneyland saves a buck.
                                        I hadn't seen this yet, are there still paper towels in the restrooms? If not, this would be a catastrophic mistake especially at this point.

Hand air dryers are highly hazardous air transmission vectors, they should be removed everywhere. I imagine the backlash to this if there is a breakout here in the states will be severe.

When will this dark era of Chapek end!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

When will this dark era of Chapek end!?!
                                          Another Cheap Out , Budget-Slashing
                                          for the Guest's........

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X