Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will Disney's losses in China effect park operations at Disneyland.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

I hadn't seen this yet, are there still paper towels in the restrooms? If not, this would be a catastrophic mistake especially at this point.

Hand air dryers are highly hazardous air transmission vectors, they should be removed everywhere. I imagine the backlash to this if there is a breakout here in the states will be severe.

When will this dark era of Chapek end!?!
    Most restrooms still do have paper towels, for now at least. The Adventureland restroom has removed all paper towel dispensers, save for one, right near the baby changing station. I used that to dry my hands but at that point it doesn't do much good since your face gets assaulted with air and water droplets from other people while you're at the sink.

And reading current news, it looks like the dark era of Chapek is just beginning.

Comment

https://abcnews.go.com/International..._live_hero_hed

If the article is true, we need to get ready. Of course, this could also be a calculated move to tank the markets and profit off of it.

Although I would never put anything past the fraudsters on Wall Street and their puppet masters, I think preparedness is a wise choice.

Comment

As of Today, Shanghai Disneyland will tie with Tokyo Disneyland(the park) in number of days closed with 35. Its' also on track to become the longest resort closure in company history, by tomorrow.

Hong Kong Disneyland is also close to becoming the 2nd longest resort closure, as well. HKR will have been closed for 34 days, as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
          As of Today, Shanghai Disneyland will tie with Tokyo Disneyland(the park) in number of days closed with 35. Its' also on track to become the longest resort closure in company history, by tomorrow.

Hong Kong Disneyland is also close to becoming the 2nd longest resort closure, as well. HKR will have been closed for 34 days, as of today.
          They will be lucky to reopen it by summer.

Comment

aaanndd another one.

Tokyo Disneyland is now closed until March 15th at least.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XliEU5MzbBI

Comment

Originally posted by parrity1 View Post
              aaanndd another one.

Tokyo Disneyland is now closed until March 15th at least.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XliEU5MzbBI
              I had bad feeling about Tokyo Disneyland this morning .......on the news
              Japan schools are close as well.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If attendance starts to drop...will a deal spring out of no where to get locals to come for a day or two?
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I think we are in uncharted territory here. Given the spread, its not inconceivable to see Disneyland Paris and the US parks close depending on the severity. I would imagine Disney Cruises is also going to be feeling the pinch.

It is not going to be a good quarter for Disney. I feel for all the CMs that are being impacted as well as all those facing the virus.

Comment

I think we are in uncharted territory here. Given the spread, its not inconceivable to see Disneyland Paris and the US parks close depending on the severity. I would imagine Disney Cruises is also going to be feeling the pinch.

It is not going to be a good quarter for Disney. I feel for all the CMs that are being impacted as well as all those facing the virus.
                    YOU sadly right.......
                    Just listening on the news this week
                    I know ,speaking for myself ,it feel like I been in "uncharted territory" concern's
                    in what been going on.......
                    But we have to take it One Day at Time .........my Friend
                    and Pray....and hold each other up!

Geeee I think of my brother in Arizona
                    He works in a hospital.....

Last edited by Eagleman; 02-27-2020, 08:59 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I fear you might be right. We canceled our plans to go to Tokyo Disneyland a few weeks ago due to the virus. So I started thinking about buying sig passes again for the family to go back to Anaheim later this year. But as time goes on I'm becoming more hesitant to buy passes now due to the potential spread of the virus here. We are going to wait until just before we go this fall to buy, if we go at all. Obviously nobody wants to spend thousands of dollars to go somewhere if going there significantly increases your families risk of getting a potentially deadly virus. Crazy times we live in.

Comment

Its' official. Shanghai Disneyland Resort has broken Tokyo Disneyland Resort record. And now SDR has the longest resort closure in Disney History (36 Days and counting).

Shanghai Disneyland(the park) now has the record for the 2nd longest park closure in Disney History. Currently the longest park closure is TokyoDisney Sea with 48 days.

Comment

Now there are increasing reports of people who have had coronavirus who recovered, getting sick again. That is NOT good. I don't know what that means for the Asia parks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the TDS record surpassed by Shanghai.

For our own dear Disneyland, hopefully there will not be a need for closure, but only time will tell how things progress this spring and summer.

If crowds don't manifest, it could be a very tough year for Parks and Resorts.

Comment

If crowds don't manifest, it could be a very tough year for Parks and Resorts.
                            It is already...........
                            A lots events already or going start soon to be cancel in the southland........
                            again What heard ,I the News.

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

As of today, Hong Kong Disneyland now holds the record of becoming the 2nd longest resort closure(1 day behind Shanghai Resort's current growing record) and 3rd longest park closure in company history.

Comment

So what’s a person to do to avoid picking up bacteria in a bathroom? You should still dry your hands, as not drying them after washing them helps bacteria to survive on them. Paper towels are the most hygienic way to dry your hands. For this reason, use of paper towels is already routine in health care settings. You may also wish to avoid jet air dryers, which have also been associated with the spread of germs in bathrooms. And remember that your chances of picking up a serious pathogen in a restroom are small. Direct contact with other people is much more likely as a means of acquiring infection.

Blaming Chapek for air dryers in Disneyland is a bit ridiculous. Right or wrong they are everywhere. I seriously doubt he personally made the decision. I was at a Home Depot yesterday and they only had air dryers...no towels. Obviously Chapek was to blame. With that said, hand towels should he offered in all restrooms.

Comment

Why are the parks closing? It seems like a stupid question, because of course it's due to Coronavirus. But probing a little deeper, I'm not confident I know of the answer.

Are the parks closing as a preventative measure to hinder the spread of the disease? Or are the parks closing because it just isn't worth keeping it open when everyone is fearful or travel restricted?

I'm sure cast members as well as guests in Asian countries (not just China) have had it impact their lives. The last thing Disney wants is the PR of being a breeding ground for the disease, or to be informed that one of their cast members unknowingly pass it on to guests.

I am curious how much of a role the sheer profitability of operating the parks has played a role. Disneyland famously was closed a couple days of the week, and I seem to remember some saying that the park operated at a loss on some of its less busy days.

I certainly don't think profitability is the only consideration they had when closing the parks, but they must have recognized some convergence of PR issues and profitability as motivating factors. I'm not convinced they are taking massive hits to their parks division just out of the goodness of their hearts.

If we understand the exact relation between these two issues, then we might understand just what it will take to reopen the parks, whenever that day comes.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                    Why are the parks closing? .

Directed to do so by the governments?

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                      Why are the parks closing? It seems like a stupid question, because of course it's due to Coronavirus. But probing a little deeper, I'm not confident I know of the answer.

Are the parks closing as a preventative measure to hinder the spread of the disease? Or are the parks closing because it just isn't worth keeping it open when everyone is fearful or travel restricted?

I'm sure cast members as well as guests in Asian countries (not just China) have had it impact their lives. The last thing Disney wants is the PR of being a breeding ground for the disease, or to be informed that one of their cast members unknowingly pass it on to guests.

I am curious how much of a role the sheer profitability of operating the parks has played a role. Disneyland famously was closed a couple days of the week, and I seem to remember some saying that the park operated at a loss on some of its less busy days.

I certainly don't think profitability is the only consideration they had when closing the parks, but they must have recognized some convergence of PR issues and profitability as motivating factors. I'm not convinced they are taking massive hits to their parks division just out of the goodness of their hearts.

If we understand the exact relation between these two issues, then we might understand just what it will take to reopen the parks, whenever that day comes.
                                      In Japan the decision was made jointly with the Government and requested by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post

Blaming Chapek for air dryers in Disneyland is a bit ridiculous. Right or wrong they are everywhere. I seriously doubt he personally made the decision. I was at a Home Depot yesterday and they only had air dryers...no towels. Obviously Chapek was to blame. With that said, hand towels should he offered in all restrooms.
                                        As a side note - my sense is that people on the forums use the term "Chapek" as a linguistic metaphor to represent the body of poor decisions that has promulgated under his leadership. I doubt anyone thinks he is "personally" responsible for such obtuse decisions like air dryers in a bathroom. However, they are emblematic of his style of thinking and a direct result of the type of vision he's cast for the parks. The philistinism, the health hazards, the debasement of legacy, and the tacky monetization of goodwill are metaphorically described as "Chapek". That's what happens when one is the leader.

So while Chapek's army of "efficiency experts" likely greenlit the laughably ill timed installment of air blowers in restrooms on the cusp of a global pandemic, Chapek himself is both directly and indirectly responsible for their decisions as the head of Parks and Resorts.

There is ample evidence now that air dryers in bathrooms pose a serious risk and should be deactivated or removed immediately. This has been known for some time, the only reason you'd install them was to "save a few pennies" on paper. That kind of miserly thinking sounds exactly like who?? Walt?? I think not, Chapek!

Now think about how people are going to feel worrying if coronavirus is blowing in their face from a contaminated air dryer blasting aerosols all over the bathroom.

Disgusting!

Comment

Disgusting!
                                          air hand dryers should be band........

I agree.......here ,I have a Issue
                                          "It not just Disney Parks"
                                          They have fast food place's like McDonald's ......and in other business store's
                                          and bet my bottom dollars they even ,have them other theme /amusement parks.
                                          They are health Issue
                                          hot air dryers had the capacity to increase the bacterial count on the skin,
                                          and that paper towel drying decreased skin bacterial count !

air hand dryers clinically dangerous
                                          Last edited by Eagleman; 02-29-2020, 09:40 PM.
                                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X